Leeds United (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Xlor said:

I've been watching ?. No chance in hell of getting promoted with him playing. He's all over the shop. You're obviously a "stat" man. Stick to watching his every move. Falls over more than I do after 10 kronenburg. Terrible, awful, shockingly bad. Does lion hearted/commited make you decent nowadays does it? Crap. 

Which CB is better? Barker, Whitbread, Shotton, Davies, Albentosa, Shackell (the saviour lol) Clarke? 

Maybe it's the super awesome Aiden Flint who people pretend they've seen a lot of (he's garbage btw unless it's hoof it and head it) 

I like how you know for a fact you understand football better than the person you're replying to. They're a stat man. They don't see the things you see. They don't understand the game like you. If they did then they'd know all those better Championship central defenders you are about to name. The ones you've seen play. We don't need stats. 

I think it's less about the lion hearted commitment and more that unlike Davies he doesn't play hospital passes and then get applauded for defending situations he's created by inviting pressure.

8 minutes ago, Xlor said:

You're having a laugh right? Watch the last two games again. He either gets caught on the ball when running out or passes it out of play. Cardiff's goal - Keogh. Leeds goal - Keogh and another. Bamford hits post - Keogh. ????. He's clueless. 

Im not even gonna bother arguing if that’s who you’re attributing blame to. I mean, the poo emojis were a big warning sign 

58 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

I think you're right, but I'd like to see Martin on from the start. I think we'd have more control up front and I reckon he'd last 60 minutes or so. After all, it's not like he runs around like a blue arse fly. He picks his moments to do the running.

Agree, may not be ready for 90 mins but I’d like to see him for 60ish.  The problem with Marriott on his own in this system is he likes the ball in front of him so unless he gets there first it keeps coming back.  He may be better at home when the onus is on us to attack but away from home you need someone to hold it up.  If we play it into Martin he can bring others into play or win a free kick in true wardrobe style!!

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Which CB is better? Barker, Whitbread, Shotton, Davies, Albentosa, Shackell (the saviour lol) Clarke? 

Maybe it's the super awesome Aiden Flint who people pretend they've seen a lot of (he's garbage btw unless it's hoof it and head it) 

I like how you know for a fact you understand football better than the person you're replying to. They're a stat man. They don't see the things you see. They don't understand the game like you. If they did then they'd know all those better Championship central defenders you are about to name. The ones you've seen play. We don't need stats. 

I think it's less about the lion hearted commitment and more that unlike Davies he doesn't play hospital passes and then get applauded for defending situations he's created by inviting pressure.

I've seen alot of Flint. Lived in the same village, alfreton bought him for 1k. Him and mcfadzean centre halves in alfretons promotion side. Swindon, Bristol city, boro, Cardiff later and he's head and shoulders above Keogh?. If you think Keogh is the answer then fair play. Zero progression in the years he's trotted about says otherwise. I like to watch good players, he isn't one. 

As I’ve always said I really like Chris Martin and I thought he could have a role to play at times during the season.

Well today he’s gone and slapped his spuds on Cocu’s desk and demand a leading role and if he can have a similar impact from the start as he did today then more power to the Martin Phoenix!

Just now, cannable said:

We broke it in 14/15 and then broke it again in 17/18. We also broke the home clean sheet record in 16/17.

Look! A stat man. 

You don't understand the game like me and Xlor. You see him breaking lines making 8 or 9 passes in every 10, helping break defensive records. 

What you don't see though is the important bit. It's the odd mistake here and there that has cost our entire club promotion. Yeah, it might be 90% good and 10% bad over a season but it's that 10% bad that's costing all 20 other players promotion.

We can't keep carrying players who have 1 bad game in 10. 

Which is why thankfully we have Huddlestone and Lawrence. They don't have 1 bad game in 10. 

Trust us, watch Keogh closely and you'll see that each mistake he makes is costly unlike everyone else. 

2 minutes ago, Xlor said:

I've seen alot of Flint. Lived in the same village, alfreton bought him for 1k. Him and mcfadzean centre halves in alfretons promotion side. Swindon, Bristol city, boro, Cardiff later and he's head and shoulders above Keogh?. If you think Keogh is the answer then fair play. Zero progression in the years he's trotted about says otherwise. I like to watch good players, he isn't one. 

Flint. I knew it. ?

Zero progression. That's like factually wrong you know? We have improved in every possible way since his arrival. Like records broken and league position. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Flint. I knew it. ?

Zero progression. That's like factually wrong you know? We have improved in every possible way since his arrival. Like records broken and league position. 

No, it's not wrong. Where are we? Bottom half and look terrible. It amazes me why people think he's , dare I say it, good!!!!. ??‍♂️. Watch the last two again then tell me he's decent. 

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Flint. I knew it. ?

Yeh but be fair to @Xlor - Flint's been promoted to the Premier League like 14 times now

Oh wait...

Archived