Today’s the DAY!

Never mind what any other team does.

Score one more goal than the Baggies.

Beat Leeds over two legs.

Beat Villa at Wembley.

Up we go.

Piece of ? 

Simples!

When you come to the end of a perfect day!

(All bar the doldrums around 1.33 pm!)

Goodnight everybody, hope you’ve got paracetamol in the cupboard for tomorrow, glad it’s a bank holiday!??

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Bolton away earlier in the season in the away pub were to oldish guys singing Nugent songs and starting the bounce, they was telling everyone it was Nuges dad and Uncle never believed them until I saw them with him bouncing p*ssed on the pitch ?

They annoyed me - what gives them the right to come on the pitch and one of them thinks he's a Lampard wannabe by trying to start a bounce!!!

Players, staff and young kids only please!

Well I expected that today! This team has grown in recent weeks. We were tested. Fair play to the baggies, until 2-1 and 70 mins in, they gave us a real game. But we overcame it. We responded brilliantly to the goal. The change although enforced with Holmes going off for Bennett I felt gave us better balance as it got Wilson into the middle of the park and Bennett played his battering ram role our wide. The last 20 mins we were superb.

Several stand out performances today from all the usual suspects. Keogh is a legend for this club, delighted for Bennett to get a moment like that, Bogle will go to the very top, Tomori incredible, Waggy excellent until he went off but....special praise for my MOM today Tom Lawrence. For me it was arguably his best performance in a rams shirt. Every decision he made was spot on, he was aggressive, positive beat players left right and centre, pressed worked and tackled well. Whenever he was in the game he made an impact. I’m a Lawrence fan, I get frustrated by him but he gives us an edge we lack when he’s not playing (shown when he came back against stoke in our bad run after he’d been out injured) Despite his inconsistency he gives us another dimension and should start every time IMO.

Now onto Leeds and make no mistake, we have a great chance! This team attacks and goes for the jugular unlike the Rowett side that barely laid a glove on Fulham. It will be tough especially if we encounter the Leeds United of the first half of the season who were just relentless. But we should enjoy it. We’ll give it a go and whatever happens the club is going in the right direction under an extremely talented young manager!

Frank thinks that we can get to Wembley and win it. I can see it on him. Players are catching it. One of the great performances of recent years against an inexplicably tough tackling opponent. Two or three of their players would have been sent off by me. Actually it is the first time this season that we have defeated a good side that tried to bully us. Johnson was key in second half. This formation worked but more clinical finishing by them would have seen us let in 2 or 3 more goals today. This was the kind of bravery that could get us promoted. Frank got what he wanted today, so we know what he wanted. The training is turning many Rams players into better players than we thought they could be. Marriott and Wisdom situations are mysterious. Players from other clubs will want to sign for us after today. A great advert for Derby County Football Club. ????

Just like to say something about the performance today as well as the result. Thought we truly were absolutely outstanding in the quality of our play today, putting in one of our best performances this season under some of the highest pressure. We didn’t just beat West Brom, but it was convincing (not easy with the equaliser, but convincing). I’m sure we all were hoping to scrape the three points today as we should at home, but to put in such a convincing performance to thoroughly deserve the victory beyond any doubt against such good opponents in such an important game bodes really well. We didn’t bottle under the pressure, we stood up to it, and we battled through it to perform even better than we have in certain recent games I’d argue. We’re obviously underdogs for the playoffs, but the way we played today and the form we’ve built up bodes well imo. Don’t think many were expecting such a fluid, dominant performance today.

Ratings for me:

Roos 7- Did what we had to when called upon

Bogle 8- Amazing assist, gets better and better, would’ve been a 9 but he was slightly at fault for WBAs goal

Keogh 7- Generally solid when called upon, occasionally a little shaky with the injury 

Tomori 7- Usual composed self

Malone 7- Not Great first half, much better in the second once he remembered how to pass to Lawrence on the ground

Johnson 6- Battled away excellently second half, bank first half where he couldn’t pass to save his life wasn’t great tho

Mount 8- Marked out at times but Christ when we did find him he was well on it, alert with excellent vision and movement 

Holmes 7- Touch was like xavi at times, awesome going forward with some of his interchanges, couple of dodgy moments in the centre circle tho! Needs to sort that out 

Wilson 9 MOM- Criticised him a lot recently but weirdly I seem to be the only one thinking he was that good today... thought he overall play was levels above what it has been and his vision was outstanding 

Waghorn 7- What a goal, shame he went off

Lawrence 8- Awesome second half let down slightly by a poor first half (in part down to Malone)

Subs:

Nugent 6- Decent enough, should probably have buried that chance

Bennett 8- What an impact, perfect super sub, excellent through his whole appearance 

Evans N/A- no time

Was a proper all round team performance, no individuals trying to do too much, everyone just linking up together and working as a team to get the win, that’s what made it such a good performance. A job well done in a huge game to get where many of us expected to be at the start of the season- the playoff lottery. Anything can happen now, but the pressure just continues to rise, let’s hope the boys can keep handling it, and beat the leeds scum so I walk around proudly in my derby shirt the remainder of the semester!

3 minutes ago, JfR said:

Hal Robson-Kanu's stats from today:

• subbed on at 77 minutes
  • 6 touches
  • 3 passes (1 unsuccessful)
  • dispossessed twice
  • sent off at 91 minutes

A fine day's work

end of season friendly against sheep shaggers clearly beneath him.
Worldies in Euro quarter finals, is when he comes to the fore.

8 hours ago, JfR said:

Hal Robson-Kanu's stats from today:

• subbed on at 77 minutes
  • 6 touches
  • 3 passes (1 unsuccessful)
  • dispossessed twice
  • sent off at 91 minutes

A fine day's work

Baggie's fans seem delighted he won't be able to play a part in the play-offs  - not much good apparently.

11 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Interestingly, they battered Wilson, but on this occasion he kept coming back for more. Tactics like this have worked against us this season, but not yesterday. 

This is something that has just dawned on me as I read these last few pages - this the first time we have been thugged but carried on playing football the way it should be played. 

So we have put the bottles in the recycling bin, we have players all over the pitch who have visibly improved throughout the season and we have stopped being bullied out of the game. Not bad progress for a rookie management team!

Lets hear it for Frank and Jody!!!!!! ???????????

Oh, and the peno: the defender went to tackle with his right foot and missed, but his momentum took him past Tom, and as he did so he moved his left leg back towards Tom and caught his foot. So it was a deliberate attempt to impede our man, so intent was there. Maybe even wanted a yellow card.

Was an excellent day all round - team & fans. I was sat in Toyota Upper & I can confirm there was some bouncing - I'm a bit shocked even today ?

First half - good, we took the game to them & were clearly the better side. Thought Holmes, Bogle & Lawrence were very dynamic in particular. Cracking goal from Waghorn, who was also very good - feel we really need him for the playoffs. Although he improved after the break, Johnson was particularly careless in possession before the break - at least 3 West Brom counters came directly from a poor pass/miscontrolled ball from him.

Second half - I did fear an improved West Brom at the break & so it came to pass, Johannsen having far too much space in our box for their goal. Reaction from us was fantastic though & Bennett and Nugent added fresh purpose to our play. Lawrence's run for the penalty was fantastic - still can't decide if he tripped over his own feet or if he 'went to ground'. By the end, it was champagne stuff with Mount & Wilson particularly dominant.

I've been sceptical all year about our top 6 chances but to take 7 points from Bristol away, Swansea away & West Brom at home is very good going - we deserve to be there. Well done Frank & the team ?

11 hours ago, Rampage said:

When Lawrence, Mount, Duane and Wilson are playing well, we look very good, shades of Premiership survival standard. Johnson is getting the hang of his best role now. He should stay. 

The last 5 or 6 games strikes me that it's all just clicked into place.

Frank has been trying since that awful performance away at Reading to get these players to pass, make space and play through the lines rather than over the top into channels to chase.

It's taken a long time, but boy when we are on it do we look good.  Performances + style recently have not been bettered since Mac 1.

It really is a joy to watch.

And these players don't know when they're beat either.  The camaraderie and work ethic shines through.

We're going into the playoffs as the form team.  My God! Who'd have thought it?!

48 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Oh, and the peno: the defender went to tackle with his right foot and missed, but his momentum took him past Tom, and as he did so he moved his left leg back towards Tom and caught his foot. So it was a deliberate attempt to impede our man, so intent was there. Maybe even wanted a yellow card.

That was my initial reaction that it was a yellow card and pretty sure it was Bartley who'd already been booked so the Baggies were lucky not to be down to 10 men at that stage. 

12 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Straight red card... Is that a 3 match ban for him? (violent conduct?)

Yep, must have booked a holiday for this weekend that he didn't want to cancel

Archived