Derby County vs West Bromwich Albion

cannable

Just got home as yet AGAIN derby’s Traffic was gridlocked, so like I said to my girlfriend we had to stay in the merlin till it cleared. 

I must admit at 1-1 my head was down.

but now we will beat Leeds , baggies wil beat villa and we’ll smash baggies COYR!

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What for me highlighted the difference between this season and last was the final 20 minutes. We were 3-1 up and actually chasing a fourth and that attacking intent meant West Brom had little in the way of quality possession. Under Rowett, at 2-1 it would have had everyone back defending, allowing the opposition to apply the pressure.

As different as chalk and cheese.

Lovely reading the match thread. Great performances across the team today. Grew with the pressure rather than wilted under it. 

Keogh a legend for getting out on that pitch. Bogle oozes class; so composed and skillful. Tom Lawrence unplayable. Brilliant to see what it meant to all of them, but especially Bennett. Frank told him to be a hero. And he delivered. 

Nothing to fear in the playoffs. We go into them as the form team. Come on you Rams! 

Just got back to the North East. First match after my dad passed away in March. Mum and I got quite emotional during Jamie Ts warm up. Huge pride in my city. Can’t praise fans and players enough today - top class. Sunny drive back up with loads of thumbs up from other fans at our car flag. Strangely not in Boro though!

4 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Anybody got a clue who will have the rights? I'm guessing Sky and I'm guessing we'll not see it in the States.

Would welcome good news!

Play offs on ESPN+ get the app $5.99 for a month then cancel, good quality streaming on iPad an phone.

15 minutes ago, Whitley ram said:

Just got back to the North East. First match after my dad passed away in March. Mum and I got quite emotional during Jamie Ts warm up. Huge pride in my city. Can’t praise fans and players enough today - top class. Sunny drive back up with loads of thumbs up from other fans at our car flag. Strangely not in Boro though!

Sorry to hear that, they picked a day to pull out that result?

18 minutes ago, David said:

Not even the weirdest thing in this thread today thanks to @BurtonRam7 and his Dyson.

In fairness, it was just a fartmark, not a proper log.

I have to add, the swear filter makes my grammar look even worse than it is.

51 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Just got home as yet AGAIN derby’s Traffic was gridlocked, so like I said to my girlfriend we had to stay in the merlin till it cleared. 

I must admit at 1-1 my head was down.

but now we will beat Leeds , baggies wil beat villa and we’ll smash baggies COYR!

Must have been awful being trapped in the Merlin. You handled it well.... What a guy! 

I can type louder than I can speak!

I have given two solo performances today.  Pre kick, off was "It's only a game, It's only a ga-a-ame... dun't really matter, it's only a game".  After the opener, and spookily to the same tune, "An absolute snip, an absolute sni-i-ip, that's Martyn Waghorn, an absolute snip"!  It's very difficult to start new songs in the NE corner, even if they are guaranteed hits!

The poster who said "Lawrence doesn't care" was just about to get a right mouthful from me... but he later got himself off the hook!  Well done me, for reading the whole thread before responding!  ;-)

Can't comment on the peno, as we were far end (NE Corner), and not seen the replays/highlights yet.

Was flummoxed (to say the least!) when Noooge came on ahead of Mason and/or Marriott... but I guess that's why I sit in the stand, and pay for my ticket, as opposed to sitting in the dug out!  What do I know!

Me and the guys who have sat around me for the past 5 years or so (but are otherwise strangers) have all exchanged man-hugs today for the very first time, (as opposed to the occasional high-five moment).

Bogle's assist was world class.  As a former RB myself, (school team/Sunday mornings only, I hasten to add), I fully expect him to eventually overtake a Mr D Langan as my all time fave Ram.

The PA guy is an absolute nob for coming out with that crap about seeing us in the play off's next week, before the final whistle.  Had I been anywhere in the vicinity of west lower/tunnel, I would have sought him out, and shoved his DNA right up his arse!  

I would dearly love to see a video of Boro fans, as news of the Baggies equaliser reached them (anyone seen 'owt yet?  let me know).

Can't get out of next weekend's plans, so not only will I miss the first leg, but also have no chance of heading to a pub (without risking divorce!).  Best I can hope for is maybe a mobile app (for the game itself).  Second best will be checking updates on here.  Gutted!

No MotM for me today... each and every one of 'em were immense.  Glad I stayed behind for the walkaround.  It did seem a bit of a damp squib in the end, but they fully deserved the applause anyway, and well done to the good numbers that stayed behind (and stayed off the pitch!)

Sweet Caroline... "So Good, so good, so good"!

My money is on 1-1 here.  2-2 away, and yet another 100% peno performance.

See you all at Wembley (for my first ever visit... long and boring story!)  (PS... that's likely to be 32,000 tickets, not the 40,000 that someone posted earlier).

We're coming for you... you scummy ba5ta*ds.

Archived