Derby County vs West Bromwich Albion

cannable

Boro mate had an ale waiting for me, he’d just returned from Rotherham. Another Boro fan there and both were in good spirits, top marks! They wished us well for the POs. Genuine football fans of all clubs make this game what it is. You are my Derby ?

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

The last 5 or 6 games strikes me that it's all just clicked into place.

Frank has been trying since that awful performance away at Reading to get these players to pass, make space and play through the lines rather than over the top into channels to chase.

It's taken a long time, but boy when we are on it do we look good.  Performances + style recently have not been bettered since Mac 1.

It really is a joy to watch.

And these players don't know when they're beat either.  The camaraderie and work ethic shines through.

We're going into the playoffs as the form team.  My God! Who'd have thought it?!

Quite a few, actually. They were dismissed as "happy clappers"!

42 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Boro mate had an ale waiting for me, he’d just returned from Rotherham. Another Boro fan there and both were in good spirits, top marks! They wished us well for the POs. Genuine football fans of all clubs make this game what it is. You are my Derby ?

Good to hear.........meanwhile in Bristol spacer.png

Just about sobered up, what a second half that was.

Rode our luck in the first half after giving away some unbelievable chances for Gayle but thankfully they both went the wrong side of the post. Last 30 minutes of the game were fantastic, we just went up a couple of gears and at times tore WBA apart. If we play like that we'll have a chance against a stuttering Leeds side. 

I didn't see us making the top 6 four weeks ago and whilst we've had some absolutely golden luck we deserve to be where we are. The Bristol City result being the catalyst for our achievements in recent weeks. Two more cup finals coming up, let's get at 'em. 

3 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

This is something that has just dawned on me as I read these last few pages - this the first time we have been thugged but carried on playing football the way it should be played. 

So we have put the bottles in the recycling bin, we have players all over the pitch who have visibly improved throughout the season and we have stopped being bullied out of the game. Not bad progress for a rookie management team!

Lets hear it for Frank and Jody!!!!!! ???????????

Oh, and the peno: the defender went to tackle with his right foot and missed, but his momentum took him past Tom, and as he did so he moved his left leg back towards Tom and caught his foot. So it was a deliberate attempt to impede our man, so intent was there. Maybe even wanted a yellow card.

Well said, people often overlook the rules state "Foul or INTENT to foul", professional ex players being the biggest culprits.

Watching back the highlights, it is even more apparent how much influence Lawrence's game had yesterday. Essentially forced the moves for the second goal and winning the penalty. 

Fans are fast to criticize him because of his demeanor,  but he is a match-winner when he is on form. 

14 hours ago, JfR said:

Hal Robson-Kanu's stats from today:

• subbed on at 77 minutes
  • 6 touches
  • 3 passes (1 unsuccessful)
  • dispossessed twice
  • sent off at 91 minutes

A fine day's work

It was never a red card. A yellow would have sufficed.

Just now, Srg said:

Contact was irrelevant. It was a petulant kick out and absolutely deserved a red.

It was as wet as Beckham's v Argentina.

5 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

I can't believe this conversation is even happening. Shows you the power of Leeds Twitter.

Did I just dream up the bit where Bartley catches his foot? Where he literally, physically connects with his foot? 

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

I can't believe this conversation is even happening. Shows you the power of Leeds Twitter.

Did I just dream up the bit where Bartley catches his foot? Where he literally, physically connects with his foot? 

Was it Andy Hinchcliffe co commentary rattling on about ‘no contact’ as his trailing  foot is caught. He needs to apologise to Tom Lawrence. You can see it without even slow mo or zooming in. Should have gone to spec savers. 

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

It was as wet as Beckham's v Argentina.

You're right in that it didn't cause hard but it's the rule - just like taking your shirt off (no matter how unmajestically) after scoring. Do it, get caught, get punished.

Archived