Derby County vs West Bromwich Albion

cannable

5 hours ago, DJFern94 said:

Watching back the highlights, it is even more apparent how much influence Lawrence's game had yesterday. Essentially forced the moves for the second goal and winning the penalty. 

Fans are fast to criticize him because of his demeanor,  but he is a match-winner when he is on form. 

Unplayable in that form!

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

The last 5 or 6 games strikes me that it's all just clicked into place.

Frank has been trying since that awful performance away at Reading to get these players to pass, make space and play through the lines rather than over the top into channels to chase.

It's taken a long time, but boy when we are on it do we look good.  Performances + style recently have not been bettered since Mac 1.

It really is a joy to watch.

And these players don't know when they're beat either.  The camaraderie and work ethic shines through.

We're going into the playoffs as the form team.  My God! Who'd have thought it?!

Great Post trhram. The second time that I watched the game, they played even better than I thought. Very good at every level. COYR????

5 hours ago, DJFern94 said:

Watching back the highlights, it is even more apparent how much influence Lawrence's game had yesterday. Essentially forced the moves for the second goal and winning the penalty. 

Fans are fast to criticize him because of his demeanor,  but he is a match-winner when he is on form. 

When you see him  coming at you in the penalty area you have to let him pass or foul him. Looked class yesterday. He is a confidence player. Sort of won the game for us. ?COYR

9 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

This is something that has just dawned on me as I read these last few pages - this the first time we have been thugged but carried on playing football the way it should be played. 

So we have put the bottles in the recycling bin, we have players all over the pitch who have visibly improved throughout the season and we have stopped being bullied out of the game. Not bad progress for a rookie management team!

Lets hear it for Frank and Jody!!!!!! ???????????

Oh, and the peno: the defender went to tackle with his right foot and missed, but his momentum took him past Tom, and as he did so he moved his left leg back towards Tom and caught his foot. So it was a deliberate attempt to impede our man, so intent was there. Maybe even wanted a yellow card.

Playing great football against an aggressive team was a great triumph and means opponents must think again about their tactics. We had eleven Men playing for 98 minutes as a TEAM yesterday. Other times we have simply folded. Leeds watch out. ??

On 05/05/2019 at 08:19, BurtonRam7 said:

If you thought you were nervous about the game, put yourself in my shoes. I’m going to have to try and hide this from my mum:9C86855D-5018-47C7-B314-1675D50E4B14.jpeg.c2e2e6f9d4dceeea7c07cac7cc520b8b.jpeg 

What did you tell her and did she swallow it? erm bad choice of phrase in the circumstances.......................

I mean, what excuse did you use and did your mum believe you?

14 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

What did you tell her and did she swallow it? erm bad choice of phrase in the circumstances.......................

I mean, what excuse did you use and did your mum believe you?

She's a bit naive, so I think the story of pissing about with a hoover during pre-drinks worked. She told me to cover it up with my coat collar at the game because 'it looks like a love bite'. I had put foundation on it before I saw her so it wasn't looking as bad.

4 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

She's a bit naive, so I think the story of pissing about with a hoover during pre-drinks worked. She told me to cover it up with my coat collar at the game because 'it looks like a love bite'. I had put foundation on it before I saw her so it wasn't looking as bad.

Sounds like she played a blinder... and there's only one person in this little story that's naive, and it ain't yer mam!  ;-)

4 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I think she may know the truth and is just sparing your blushes. Smart lady, either way I think you're off the hook. Good weekend all round in the end except for the battle scars. COYR.

9 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Worrying you knew how to apply foundation

19 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

The girl who inflicted the injury helped to cover it up. Must have impressed the night before.

Bloody hell, overtime as well... On a Bank Holiday!   It's a good job your grants just come through!

11 hours ago, Rampage said:

The penny dropped yesterday for all to see. 

We know what Frank wants and we saw it yesterday. 

Frank has already had a very good season. It is getting better. 

Still have a lingering doubt that he does not possess any scoring boots. 

Archived