Derby County vs West Bromwich Albion

cannable

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, eddie said:

Special mention to the utter dipstick who was sitting immediately behind me today...

When Lampard produced his master-stroke by bringing Mason Bennett on for Duane Holmes, a move which completely changed the game, he yelled "Lampard, you don't know what you're doing".

I reminded him just five minutes later.

Even if Mason Bennett hadn't done what he did, it's still a stupid comment - pretty sure Holmes came off with a knock. He was communicating with the bench a lot in the lead-up to the sub.

Just got in after that afternoon of pure pleasure, wow we played some great stuff, made plenty of chances and deserved that, great subs from Frank, new Bennett would score, a cracking atmosphere , loved it at the end when all the stands joined in with the bounce, now let's get over 40000 rams fans bouncing at Wembley, a special mention to our captain Richard Keogh he would have played today even if he only had one leg, he is a great example to ALL of our squad, when the first goal went in you saw how much it meant to him, would love him to be a winner at Wembley. Once A Ram Always A Bouncing Ram.

A word of praise for Nugent....everyone slagging him off around me. He does seem to have lost his finishing touch but we should always support our own players. He was organising the team constantly today. Telling younger plays when to press, where to mark, where to be etc. He made a positive impact today, same as all the team.

6 minutes ago, Davide said:

A word of praise for Nugent....everyone slagging him off around me. He does seem to have lost his finishing touch but we should always support our own players. He was organising the team constantly today. Telling younger plays when to press, where to mark, where to be etc. He made a positive impact today, same as all the team.

Yep, he did this when he came on a couple games ago. He came very close though, but he is a calm head and is great at organising the players. 

10 minutes ago, eddie said:

Special mention to the utter dipstick who was sitting immediately behind me today...

When Lampard produced his master-stroke by bringing Mason Bennett on for Duane Holmes, a move which completely changed the game, he yelled "Lampard, you don't know what you're doing".

I reminded him just five minutes later.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Even if Mason Bennett hadn't done what he did, it's still a stupid comment - pretty sure Holmes came off with a knock. He was communicating with the bench a lot in the lead-up to the sub.

What makes it even stupider is Mason Bennett has had probably the biggest impact of any player coming off the bench. He's scored goals and made goals at absolutely critical times that have swung games in our favour we may have not got the result out of. 

In fact I think this actually only his 2nd most important goal this season. With number 1 being the goal at Wigan. The Wigan game came off a really terrible run of form and was critical that we won, it was a game that was petering out and with it quite possibly our season. Mason's wonder strike turned the game around and I think you can make a reasonable argument it turned the season around with it.

8 minutes ago, Topram said:

Just me that thought West Brom’s goal helped us? Left us with nothing too lose and the attitude was top class! 

Retrospectively looking at it then you are probably right. Didn't feel like it at the time. I was fearing the worst at the time but we showed just how far we could go if we keep applying ourselves like that. That result and performance has gone a long way to burying our reputation as bottlers. Fantastic to be on the other side of that feeling for once. We're gonna be labelled the underdogs from here on in  so we may as well go for it and play with freedom. Who knows where that will take us. All the way if we can replicate todays performance. 

7 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I’m sure it’s already been said, but Lawrence was outstanding today. The fact that he didn’t get MOTM is a travesty.

I can't believe I'm agreeing, that's 3 matches on the trot he's been really good, long may it continue.

8 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I’m sure it’s already been said, but Lawrence was outstanding today. The fact that he didn’t get MOTM is a travesty.

To be fair it could have been any number of players. But yes I agree he had a great game, as did everyone else.

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

He was, i must admit though I am glad of the different angles on the penalty. In real time it did make me wince a bit, but when you watch it back he clearly has his foot taken.

Sith Happens

Robson-Kanu what a muppet.

Johnson made a meal of it mind, but right in front of the ref. No defence.

1 hour ago, RedSmog said:
1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Congratulations.

Congratulations lads ?

Smash Leeds please 

Cheers @RedSmog and @JamesBCFC Good luck next season.

I hope Boro junk Pulis and Gibson pipes down, I never minded Boro, just hated we always used to lose at riverside.

It's been a fine effort from Bristol this season to, and I admit i felt a pang of nostalgia for Aztec West the other week (my old office was loads of fun).

27 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I’m sure it’s already been said, but Lawrence was outstanding in the last 30 minutes today. The fact that he didn’t get MOTM is a hardly surprising.

FTFY

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Cheers @RedSmog and @JamesBCFC Good luck next season.

I hope Boro junk Pulis and Gibson pipes down, I never minded Boro, just hated we always used to lose at riverside.

It's been a fine effort from Bristol this season to, and I admit i felt a pang of nostalgia for Aztec West the other week (my old office was loads of fun).

Noises suggest we might spend a bit more this season.

Summer just gone was all about creating FFP leeway.

Johnson has talked about a presentation he's going to make to the board ahead of the transfer window.

That was an excellent full 90 minutes of football from the lads today, apart from when they stood off and gave all the time in the world for Albion to score; but it seemed to spur us on.

Three more performances like that and the Premier beckons!

Have I heard right that Keogh was made MoM? For me it had to be Mount, but Lawrence and Wilson weren't far behind. They are the 3 we are really reliant on to put in a performance, and for once they all did.

Archived