Derby County vs West Bromwich Albion

cannable

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An extra reason I want us to win this game is, if we do, we’ll end the season with one point, one point less than we did last season under the much feted Gary Rowett. 

Now, I’m not about to launch a vitriolic attack on the man, he’s gone, in the past, but what I am going to do is defend Frank Lampard’s inaugural season as a manager. 

I’ve read some quite unfair and unkind stuff about his mistakes and inexperience during the course of our season so can I ask the unimpressed when could Frank show his inexperience or make his mistakes if not in his first season in the job ? 

If we do end up with 74 points with a rookie manager I think it will be far more impressive that last season’s 75.

And before anybody spouts “but we dropped points against relegated clubs we shouldn’t have” this season’s goals against stand head and shoulders above the 7 goals Burton & Sunderland put past us last year.

Best of luck on Sunday to the lads but even if it does go Pete Tonge, pfft, to be in with a shout on the last day of the season is more than acceptable for me. COY? ? 

3 hours ago, Shorty389 said:

Doubt it. I think Frank will most likely start Tomori and Evans if that's the case 

Probably, but I'd imagine that with Keogh and Tomori both picking up injuries in the last two games Lampard might play it safe and have two options for centre-backs on the bench if Keogh does get fit enough to play, just in case the worst case scenario does happen and they both end up injuring themselves again. It's typical that Keogh and Tomori have both managed to go the whole season without injury and now at the worst time they've both got injured.

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

An extra reason I want us to win this game is, if we do, we’ll end the season with one point, one point less than we did last season under the much feted Gary Rowett. 

Now, I’m not about to launch a vitriolic attack on the man, he’s gone, in the past, but what I am going to do is defend Frank Lampard’s inaugural season as a manager. 

I’ve read some quite unfair and unkind stuff about his mistakes and inexperience during the course of our season so can I ask the unimpressed when could Frank show his inexperience or make his mistakes if not in his first season in the job ? 

If we do end up with 74 points with a rookie manager I think it will be far more impressive that last season’s 75.

And before anybody spouts “but we dropped points against relegated clubs we shouldn’t have” this season’s goals against stand head and shoulders above the 7 goals Burton & Sunderland put past us last year.

Best of luck on Sunday to the lads but even if it does go Pete Tonge, pfft, to be in with a shout on the last day of the season is more than acceptable for me. COY? ? 

I predicted 12th so we're going to be miles ahead of my guesstimate. 

Well done Frank, Jody and the lads. 

I am leaving my house on Saturday and picking up a mate (baggies fan) in Plymouth, then heading up to Torquay to pick up another mate (another baggies fan). Then we will continue the journey up to Derby. I am then going to take them round to some nice ale houses around the city, i.e Brunswick, Alexander, etc. Most likely have a lot of banter and beer and then sleep it off. Get up next morning have brekkie and lounge around until approx 90 mins before kick off and make our way to the ground. They (my Westbrom mates are going to love it) seeing me biting my finger nails to the bone. Who would have predicted at the begining of the season that, with a rookie manager, change of playing style and reduction of age of squad, we would be in with a chance of promotion. What ever happens on sunday, its been a great season for Rams fans. I would'nt moan if we blow it and Bristol get that 6th spot, be a bit annoyed if Pulis's put you to sleep football got through instead though. The way I see it though, is Westbrom will see Villa off in the semi's (Villa are long due a defeat) and who ever plays Spygate Leeds deserve to get past them. So lets hope its the Rams

I have not recovered from the last game yet. On paper Burrow are favourites for play offs as a draw is more realistic for the Rams. We will need 3 goals to win the game. We do not play on paper so ANYTHING is possible, especially one team being in the play offs after 93 mins but still not getting there. COYR

Was hoping for a straightforward game this Sunday, with both teams knowing they're secure in the playoffs. Instead going to be a restless night's kip on Saturday night and more than a few ales on the way to the ground.

Forest fan at work has his West Brom mate coming over and he also reckons they'll be resting players and not bothered about going 4th to 3rd.

Is the A52 footbridge closed on Sunday? I know there's a bridge further down towards Costco, would that one be open?

Hopeful of a win, what an achievement it would be for the club to get into the top 6 in a debut season for our manager and most players.

Come on Derby lets do this!!

3 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Is the A52 footbridge closed on Sunday? I know there's a bridge further down towards Costco, would that one be open?

Hopeful of a win, what an achievement it would be for the club to get into the top 6 in a debut season for our manager and most players.

Come on Derby lets do this!!

Yeh its closed. The one further down is open as far as I know 

Archived