• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Information for travelling fans:

Yellow warning of wind

Areas affected: London & South East England | South West England | Wales

Starts: 21:00 BST on Fri 26 April

Ends: 15:00 BST on Sat 27 April

A spell of strong winds is expected across parts of south Wales, south and southwest England, bringing a risk of disruption to travel. - Some delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport are likely, with bus and train services affected - Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges likely - Some short term loss of power and other services is possible due to fallen branches - It’s likely that some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities could be affected by spray and/or large waves

Issued at: 09:31 BST on Thu 25 April

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

if we go out timid and fanny around - which i expect - this will turn the tide in their favour.

That's what I'm afraid of, we've done it far too many times this season.

9 minutes ago, Topram said:

We’ve been really poor on the road in 2019 so little worried about this but what a time it would be to get our first away win this year

Birmingham 2-2 Draw

Blackburn 2-0 Loss

Brentford 3-3 Draw

Villa 4-0 Loss

Forest 1-0 Loss

Brighton 2-1 Loss

Ipswich 1-1 Draw

Preston 0-0 Draw

Accrington 0-1 Win

Southampton 2-2 Won on penalties

Leeds 2-0 Loss

2 wins, 4 draws and 5 losses. Based on those results, we're more likely to get a 'good result' than a loss. Looking at the five losses: Leeds spied on us, Brighton are a league above, Villa we didn't turn up, Forest we should have had a penalty, Blackburn we didn't turn up.

The pressure will be on Bristol - as long as we don't concede early on that pressure will build. Belief in making the playoffs is on a high since regaining 6th, meaning the fans will be roaring the players on for the full 90+ on Saturday.

6 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I cannot bloody wait for Saturday. This is what football is all about. The result on Monday, the Saturday 3pm kick-off and the fact that Bristol is a brilliant away day make it all the more exciting. This could be the best game we've seen in years.

I hope you are right buddy and you party like it’s 1999 on Saturday evening, but there will be many of my age who will be a bit concerned as to which Rams team turns up - we are quite predictable when it comes to ducking things up.  I think we might be alright Saturday. Swansea is the game that worries me though.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I hope you are right buddy and you party like it’s 1999 on Saturday evening, but there will be many of my age who will be a bit concerned as to which Rams team turns up - we are quite predictable when it comes to ducking things up.  I think we might be alright Saturday. Swansea is the game that worries me though.

Don't worry, I've lived and suffered through the last five years, therefore I know how accomplished we are at ducking things up. You may be right about Swansea but I'm not going to let it take away from my excitement for Saturday (and Wednesday). Even if we lose it's a good day out. Win and, as you say, we'll be partying like it's my birth year.

I'm fearful as from their perspective, they have to win. We can afford not to. IMO that psychological dynamic favours them. Regarding the team, it definitely won't happen but i really hope Hudds comes in. I feel away from home we could really do with his calming influence and passing range which creates chances even when we're penned in. 

Roos

Bogle    Keogh   Tomori   Malone

Huddlestone  Johnson

Mount 

Wilson      Waghorn      Lawrence

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Birmingham 2-2 Draw

Blackburn 2-0 Loss

Brentford 3-3 Draw

Villa 4-0 Loss

Forest 1-0 Loss

Brighton 2-1 Loss

Ipswich 1-1 Draw

Preston 0-0 Draw

Accrington 0-1 Win

Southampton 2-2 Won on penalties

Leeds 2-0 Loss

2 wins, 4 draws and 5 losses. Based on those results, we're more likely to get a 'good result' than a loss. Looking at the five losses: Leeds spied on us, Brighton are a league above, Villa we didn't turn up, Forest we should have had a penalty, Blackburn we didn't turn up.

The pressure will be on Bristol - as long as we don't concede early on that pressure will build. Belief in making the playoffs is on a high since regaining 6th, meaning the fans will be roaring the players on for the full 90+ on Saturday.

We haven't won a league game away from home this year. Simple.

Never a better time to right that wrong then, there will be plenty of time between May and August for negativity so I’m going to try and be positive until such a time the maths tell me it’s not happening.

Even then I think still being in the picture at the end of April is something to be pleased about. Yeah Frank’s got to demonstrate he’s learned some lessons this season but all in all I think he’s done alright. 8/10.

1 minute ago, JfR said:

First time for everything

I hope so. I hope that Lampard has used the previous away games this year to understand why we haven't won one of them and now be in a position to apply this learning to the final 2 games of the season which are crucial.

6 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Don't worry, I've lived and suffered through the last five years, therefore I know how accomplished we are at ducking things up. You may be right about Swansea but I'm not going to let it take away from my excitement for Saturday (and Wednesday). Even if we lose it's a good day out. Win and, as you say, we'll be partying like it's my birth year.

Suffered the last 5 years?

These have been good years, historically speaking, you don't know you're born lad.

When I were your age, I only came out of the box I lived in to take it to the match and stand on, while we battled against the likes of Grimsby, Southend and Lincoln.

It did have it's good points though, I bet you've never heard a chant of 'to the back, to the back, to the back', have you?

16 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Suffered the last 5 years?

These have been good years, historically speaking, you don't know you're born lad.

When I were your age, I only came out of the box I lived in to take it to the match and stand on, while we battled against the likes of Grimsby, Southend and Lincoln.

It did have it's good points though, I bet you've never heard a chant of 'to the back, to the back, to the back', have you?

Apologies, it was the wrong choice of phrase. I was referring to the fact that my expectations have been raised and subsequently dashed consistently since 2013. But yes, on the whole, they have been good years and much more palatable than the bottom-half drudgery that Forest fans have been subjected to.

Although my second year as a season ticket holder was 2007/08, so you can't say I haven't suffered! Thankfully I was a little too young to appreciate how bad it really was. 

And no, I haven't heard that chant. Care to enlighten me?

By the way, your 'I used to live in a box' comment reminds me of an old comedy clip that's been posted on the forum a few times over the years but I can't remember what it's called. It involved men sitting around a table bemoaning how tough their life used to be, with their tales of hardship getting progressively more ridiculous. Not that I took your comment seriously!

14 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Apologies, it was the wrong choice of phrase. I was referring to the fact that my expectations have been raised and subsequently dashed consistently since 2013. But yes, on the whole, they have been good years and much more palatable than the bottom-half drudgery that Forest fans have been subjected to.

Although my second year as a season ticket holder was 2007/08, so you can't say I haven't suffered! Thankfully I was a little too young to appreciate how bad it really was. 

And no, I haven't heard that chant. Care to enlighten me?

By the way, your 'I used to live in a box' comment reminds me of an old comedy clip that's been posted on the forum a few times over the years but I can't remember what it's called. It involved men sitting around a table bemoaning how tough their life used to be, with their tales of hardship getting progressively more ridiculous. Not that I took your comment seriously!

"The four Yorkshiremen" (Monty Python).

Second only to "Four Candles" (Two Ronnies).

Some really interesting chat with Bristol guy on Steve Bloomer Washing podcast. They are poor at home, make loads of chances but can't score, can put lots of crosses in to the box, picked up loads of points away from home nicking wins, settled team until the last international break but now change team and formation every match.

Is anyone doing a Great Western trip and staying down there for Swansea game? 3 nights on Gower perhaps?

Archived