Bristol City vs Derby County

cannable

13 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Apologies, it was the wrong choice of phrase. I was referring to the fact that my expectations have been raised and subsequently dashed consistently since 2013. But yes, on the whole, they have been good years and much more palatable than the bottom-half drudgery that Forest fans have been subjected to.

Although my second year as a season ticket holder was 2007/08, so you can't say I haven't suffered! Thankfully I was a little too young to appreciate how bad it really was. 

And no, I haven't heard that chant. Care to enlighten me?

By the way, your 'I used to live in a box' comment reminds me of an old comedy clip that's been posted on the forum a few times over the years but I can't remember what it's called. It involved men sitting around a table bemoaning how tough their life used to be, with their tales of hardship getting progressively more ridiculous. Not that I took your comment seriously!

Might be Monty Python, I'm not sure myself.

'To the back' was used as someone was lifted up from the front of the terrace, and crowd surfed to the back of the stand.

Not through choice, either.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Suffered the last 5 years?

These have been good years, historically speaking, you don't know you're born lad.

When I were your age, I only came out of the box I lived in to take it to the match and stand on, while we battled against the likes of Grimsby, Southend and Lincoln.

It did have it's good points though, I bet you've never heard a chant of 'to the back, to the back, to the back', have you?

Two of my top ‘Suffering Saturdays’...... both BBG........Liverpool 1-7. Serious ouch and Wolves 0-4. I remember the despondent head in hands sinking feeling as final whistle couldn’t come soon enough..... Oh yeah erm sorry bring on the Brizzle , feel better now 

Waghorn, scores a stunner at bristol city
Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty
Been down, isn't it a pity
Doesn't seem to be a shadow in bristol city

All around, people looking half dead
Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match thread

But at night it's a different world
Go out and find a girl
Come-on come-on and dance all night
Despite the heat Rams, we'll be alright

And Duanne, don't you know it's a pity
That the days can't be like the nights
In the summer, in bristol city
In the summer, in bristol city

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Any else starting to get nervous? I am!

Honestly ? I think I’m going to save mowing the lawns on Saturday til 3 and then just check the full time result. I know it’s ridiculous but I was in a right old state til we got that penalty on Monday. 

Anyone got a vague plan for where the rams fans will be drinking before the game? It’s not much of an away fixture for me but would rather soak up the atmosphere amongst fellow sheep sha**ers, and coming in from Parson Street (the nearest train stop) a lot of the pubs that side of the ground are home fans only so just wondering where to aim for. Cheers!

COYR, massive game, absolute season definer. 

44 minutes ago, BrizzleRam said:

Anyone got a vague plan for where the rams fans will be drinking before the game? It’s not much of an away fixture for me but would rather soak up the atmosphere amongst fellow sheep sha**ers, and coming in from Parson Street (the nearest train stop) a lot of the pubs that side of the ground are home fans only so just wondering where to aim for. Cheers!

COYR, massive game, absolute season definer. 

The Bristol City Site gives a few suggestions:

"Bedminster Cricket Club offers secure parking with a bar and food. They are just a five-minute walk from the ground...

Away fans should avoid pubs on North Street, while those closer to Ashton Gate - both the Robins and the Rising Sun - operate a Home Fans Only policy. The Nova Scotia welcomes well-behaved away supporters, along with the Rose of Denmark. They are a 15-minute walk from the ground.

Behind the Atyeo Stand there is a dedicated Fan Village for away supporters, which offers food and drink for sale."

Tobacco Factory, The Cottage Inn, and Pump House are supposedly options too

On 24/04/2019 at 16:32, Archied said:

Tickets dropped through the letterbox today , wife is coming along ,she has been to some games but never one as important as this one and I reckon the atmosphere will be a bit of a surprise to her?

heh absolutely the same here ....

Archived