Bristol City vs Derby County

cannable

2 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

I’m not knocking Waghorn he runs more and (a bit) faster but we have someone on our books who’s one of the best in the this league at “holding it up” and “bring others into play” who’s first touch is better than Waghorn’s, but wouldn’t have cost £5m. Just wish maybe Frank and Rowett had done their homework and seen he isn’t / wasn’t lazy, it was just his style.  

Anyway POs still a tall order. We need 2 wins preferably at Bristol and Swansea. Bristol have us, millwall and Hull, boro have reading and Rotherham. Both ain’t in good form but this is the championship ☝️

Its set up for us v Leeds in the semis. They have beaten us 6-1 on agg this season. Similar to when we beat Hull 6-0 in the league fixtures in 15/16 and we know what happened in the POs that season. COYR 

I'd still opt for Waghorn even if Chris Martin was still here Remy 

I think we need to get over this fixation about CM still being the player he was his stats of 31 apps 2 goals  and 1 assist this season do tell its own story 

Waghorns stats for the record are 40 apps 12 goals and 3 assists

Stats aside though  I think Waghorns workrate is very good and will be a very important player for us in the coming games

Agree that play offs are still a tall order but if we make them anything can happen.

My opinion is that we are not good enough to win the play offs but you never know....... COYR!!!!

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Mondays results totally change the approach for this game. 

Before Monday it was a must win game  for Derby. 

Now its become a must win game for Bristol. 

Momentum is with the Rams. 

???

Both sides have become a bit indifferent imho - I find it difficult to see what momentum we have when our away form has been indifferent for some months. Then again, a different poster said we were 4th in the form league over last 6 games so on that basis Bristol should be fearing us more than we fear them and we should be more bothered about Swansea.

Could go either way and the sprinkling of Brizzle fans in my office are not especially confident! ?

Team for me:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone

Huddlestone

Mount Holmes

Wilson Waghorn Lawrence 

Bristol evidently are a ducking good side, all round really and this is going to be an extremely tough game, we need to take advantage of any even minor defensive mistakes they make as I can’t see them making many. We know they’re a footballing side, so we need to go there and outplay them it’s as simple as that, we have to play better than we’ve played at any point this season, to our absolute maximum imo. We’ve been cut open too much recently and brizzle will punish us so I want Huddlestone staying deep to shield the back line and controlling the game from there- Johnson would give the ball away too much for me to play here looking at his last performance, much as it is a huge call to make. Looks like Bryson is injured so I just hope Holmes is fit in time to take his place, we’ll need some control in that midfield, can’t hand them the midfield or we’ll be done over.

They’re a big threat from wide so I don’t want bogle marauding too far toward here and getting caught out of position. I’m sure they’ll know our weakness on crosses too so we’d better be practicing defending those as well, QPR almost scored a couple yesterday from them, need to make sure we’re well prepared. Want to see proper 100% fight and effort here, get at them with speed and pass and move football, no lethargic hoofing please. Want to see more quality from the wingers in taking their men on and beating them allowing chances to be created, Lawrence and Wilson weren’t great the other day but I don’t see what other options we’ve got so we’ll have to hope they perform better. It’s the movement and timing of runs that could well be the key here too, if we can time through balls to Waghorn perfectly like we did against brum and almost did against QPR then that could be the key to unlocking their defence.

This is gonna be a nervy week, a point would be a good result imo, a scrappy win would be even better!

Doesn’t matter what team we pick as we’re going to win...........according to some Bristol fans on their forum!

They seem to have uncovered a scam where the league is paying refs to get us victories so they can make “Fat Frank” look good............I think that’s how it goes anyways.

Looks like promotion through the play offs is now assured thanks to the EFL!

???

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Both sides have become a bit indifferent imho - I find it difficult to see what momentum we have when our away form has been indifferent for some months.

Technically you're bang on.  I just think that psychologically, Monday's results make a huge difference.  That's what I was meaning by momentum. Derby go into the game feeling on a high, on an upward trajectory... and feeling like they have momentum. 

44 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Doesn’t matter what team we pick as we’re going to win...........according to some Bristol fans on their forum!

They seem to have uncovered a scam where the league is paying refs to get us victories so they can make “Fat Frank” look good............I think that’s how it goes anyways.

Looks like promotion through the play offs is now assured thanks to the EFL!

???

I remember Bristol City getting a very dubious penalty in the last minute against QPR also ?

Tough game this, whatever happens, we must not lose.

Back five picks itself, then I think -

Johnson                                                        Johnson           Huddlestone
        Mount     Wilson                         or                                    Mount

Bennett             Lawrence                                           Bennett               Wilson
            Waghorn                                                                       Waghorn

I'd love us to squeeze Marriott and Waghorn on the same pitch, but Waghorn's a little wasted out wide and to avoid that you'd have to sacrifice one of Mount or Wilson.

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Tough game this, whatever happens, we must not lose.

Back five picks itself, then I think -

Johnson                                                        Johnson           Huddlestone
        Mount     Wilson                         or                                    Mount

Bennett             Lawrence                                           Bennett               Wilson
            Waghorn                                                                       Waghorn

I'd love us to squeeze Marriott and Waghorn on the same pitch, but Waghorn's a little wasted out wide and to avoid that you'd have to sacrifice one of Mount or Wilson.

I’m a bit confused ?66F9666F-9E0E-4106-BC79-548BDA4D5116.thumb.jpeg.4a911c0ada67631b6cae138a36e4c00e.jpeg

4 hours ago, Edtheram said:

My team would be -

Roos

Bogle         Keogh         Tomori      Malone

Johnson

Wilson            Mount

Waghorn           Marriott             Bennett 

I thought Marriott did well when he came on and Bennett wins so many headers it helps us to start attacks and keep teams under pressure. Move Waghorn out wide  and Wilson into midfield for this one. Torn between Hudds and Johnson but think we need mobility in midfield for this game. Need a strong display all round and need to try to win the game and point is good but lets go for the win and settle for a point if we have to.            

Tough one for the weekend. A few options I think. Think @Edtheram is what I would go with. Bristol aren't overly physical apart from Marlon Pack in the middle so I wouldn't be too worried about the midfield three. My main concern would be dragging Waghorn out of the middle as he's been decent there in recent time. I would go with Cole at left back more assured than Malone. 

Alternatives would be: 

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Cole

Huddlestone

Johnson Mount 

Wilson         Waghorn        Bennett 

or 

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Cole

Johnson

Wilson Mount 

Bennett       Waghorn        Lawrence 

6 hours ago, Norman said:

Tbh mate, is there a Derby fan that doesn't have a dismal away record this season ?.

Apart from my Dad who has been to one away game. Norwich away.

I've seen one win and two draws away. Undefeated.

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Let’s have scenes like this in the away end please:

5B910744-4B5F-4C8F-B046-3DABD48CF99E.thumb.jpeg.5a7dae4d86f55a16a3626498a11dd5ca.jpeg

Scenes from everyone except baldy in the bottom left that looks gutted he's spilled his drink and the ballboy who's thinking about Fortnite.

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Let’s have scenes like this in the away end please:

5B910744-4B5F-4C8F-B046-3DABD48CF99E.thumb.jpeg.5a7dae4d86f55a16a3626498a11dd5ca.jpeg

From the TV camera, aren’t the away fans at Bristol bottom left of screen? Do correct me if I’m wrong! 

Sell out for Rams so the atmos is going to be special, could be so vital having a bouncing away support, the proverbial twelfth man. Cause them problems, get the home support nervous, could be just the ticket. Cooling down for weekend too so players shouldn’t be too stressed with the heat

Two options for me 

Roos

bogle Keogh tomori malone

Johnson     

Mount        Wilson

Bennett   Waghorn. Lawrence     

Or

Roos 

bogle Keogh tomori malone   

Huddlestone    

Mount.     Johnson

Wilson Waghorn Lawrence