Bristol City vs Derby County

cannable

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Surprised that this one wasn't picked for Sky coverage when you consider it's looked like a pivotal fixture for weeks.

Its because sky hate us, hadn't you heard?

But then, with Norwich looking likely to seal promotion and the tight finish with the butter knives and the dirties you can sort of understand. We're always poop ? on the telly anyway.

Couple of changes for me , Lamps is pretty faithful to his 433:so I'd go . 

, Roos

Bogle        Keogh.        Tomori.   cole 

Johnson

Wilson.                Mount 

Bennett.                               Lawrence

Waghorn 

Just now, RiddingsRam said:

Couple of changes for me , Lamps is pretty faithful to his 433:so I'd go . 

, Roos

Bogle        Keogh.        Tomori.   cole 

Johnson

Wilson.                Mount 

Bennett.                               Lawrence

Waghorn 

Cole has a groin problem FL said 

Win and the playoffs are within touching distance. If Boro lose and Swansea fail to win, then it's better still and comes down to us vs Brizzle, with 2 games left and effectively a 4.5 point headstart (given our goal difference). 

Draw and the playoffs remain in our hands. With only two games left. It's a case of how badly do we want it. 

Lose and it's playing catchup with only 2 very difficult games to go. 

Suspect Bryson will miss out. And if Cole has a problem, Malone will keep his place. How close is Holmes to fitness? Probably not close enough. 

Despite the potential injury woes, I fancy us here. It's about being strong in defence and swift on the counter. Citeh might start cautiously, but it's a game they have to win so they will come at us at some point. We must be clinical. Ruthless.

Thrilled Harry bagged two today. It'll give him a lot of confidence and that could be what makes the difference. Come on you Rams ???

Today encouraged me to buy tickets for this one, so I'm going. Really looking forward to it, it's such a huge game but I fancy us to hold our nerve a get a win here to cement our spot in the top 6.  I hope we don't go for a draw, I hope we go with a positive mindset to win the game. 

Huddlestone in for me to give us some more control in midfield but probably won't happen, Waghorn to hold it up bringing 3 in behind into the game when attacking 

Roos

Bogle          Keogh             Temori        Malone

Johnson          Huddlestone

Wilson                Mount                   Lawrence

Waghorn             

5 hours ago, Andicis said:

Today encouraged me to buy tickets for this one, so I'm going. Really looking forward to it, it's such a huge game but I fancy us to hold our nerve a get a win here to cement our spot in the top 6.  I hope we don't go for a draw, I hope we go with a positive mindset to win the game. 

If we go for a draw I believe we will lose.

Our game is all about front foot play. I hope Frank and Jody will be dinning that into the squad this week. 

39 minutes ago, Saity said:

Huddlestone in for me to give us some more control in midfield but probably won't happen, Waghorn to hold it up bringing 3 in behind into the game when attacking 

Roos

Bogle          Keogh             Temori        Malone

Johnson          Huddlestone

Wilson                Mount                   Lawrence

Waghorn             

I’m not knocking Waghorn he runs more and (a bit) faster but we have someone on our books who’s one of the best in the this league at “holding it up” and “bring others into play” who’s first touch is better than Waghorn’s, but wouldn’t have cost £5m. Just wish maybe Frank and Rowett had done their homework and seen he isn’t / wasn’t lazy, it was just his style.  

Anyway POs still a tall order. We need 2 wins preferably at Bristol and Swansea. Bristol have us, millwall and Hull, boro have reading and Rotherham. Both ain’t in good form but this is the championship ☝️

Its set up for us v Leeds in the semis. They have beaten us 6-1 on agg this season. Similar to when we beat Hull 6-0 in the league fixtures in 15/16 and we know what happened in the POs that season. COYR 

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m going and I’m absolutely bricking it, and I will be all week, and the entire train ride down there. Couldn’t be more important, almost like a playoff itself.

I must warn you, my away record this season is nothing short of dismal, so apologies in advance.

Tbh mate, is there a Derby fan that doesn't have a dismal away record this season ?.

Apart from my Dad who has been to one away game. Norwich away.

Sith Happens
11 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Surprised that this one wasn't picked for Sky coverage when you consider it's looked like a pivotal fixture for weeks.

bet leeds are on, must be their turn

Sith Happens
16 minutes ago, sage said:

I can see there being a beam back for this game and the Swansea one.

i can see there being lots of fans jumping on flights again n saturday

My team would be -

Roos

Bogle         Keogh         Tomori      Malone

Johnson

Wilson            Mount

Waghorn           Marriott             Bennett 

I thought Marriott did well when he came on and Bennett wins so many headers it helps us to start attacks and keep teams under pressure. Move Waghorn out wide  and Wilson into midfield for this one. Torn between Hudds and Johnson but think we need mobility in midfield for this game. Need a strong display all round and need to try to win the game and point is good but lets go for the win and settle for a point if we have to.            

25 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

My team would be -

Roos

Bogle         Keogh         Tomori      Malone

Johnson

Wilson            Mount

Waghorn           Marriott             Bennett 

I thought Marriott did well when he came on and Bennett wins so many headers it helps us to start attacks and keep teams under pressure. Move Waghorn out wide  and Wilson into midfield for this one. Torn between Hudds and Johnson but think we need mobility in midfield for this game. Need a strong display all round and need to try to win the game and point is good but lets go for the win and settle for a point if we have to.            

I like that team. I noted, though, that Malone took another whack to his ribs and looked like he was in a lot of pain at the end of the game, so wouldn't be surprised to see Cole start at Bristol which wouldn't be a problem.

My team would probably be:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Cole( if fit)

Johnson

Mount      Wilson 

Jozefoon Marriott Waghorn 

Cole is definitely more reliable than Malone so hopefully he is fit, Mount and Wilson playing together makes sense as that has given us some of our best performances this season. I would like to see Marriott start upfront for his pace on the counter attack and I reckon this is our best front 3, Lawrence has been poor recently and he derails most of our attacks, Bennett has no first touch or real quality about his play so he should only ever be used as an impact sub. Jozefoon hasn't been given much of a chance and I think in this set up with players who can get him the ball from midfield he would be dangerous .We played this front 3 against Hull in the cup at the start of the season and it worked very well , it looks perfect for a counter attacking set up against a Bristol city team who will try and play on the front foot.

Archived