Bristol City vs Derby County

cannable

27 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The Bristol City Site gives a few suggestions:

"Bedminster Cricket Club offers secure parking with a bar and food. They are just a five-minute walk from the ground...

Away fans should avoid pubs on North Street, while those closer to Ashton Gate - both the Robins and the Rising Sun - operate a Home Fans Only policy. The Nova Scotia welcomes well-behaved away supporters, along with the Rose of Denmark. They are a 15-minute walk from the ground.

Behind the Atyeo Stand there is a dedicated Fan Village for away supporters, which offers food and drink for sale."

Tobacco Factory, The Cottage Inn, and Pump House are supposedly options too

Yeah, Tobacco Factory is quite a family vibe (it's a café bar attached to a theatre) and it's on North Street - which basically gets totally overtaken by City fans on match days so I'd probably avoid that street altogether if you can. But Pump House is really nice with a nice beer garden overlooking the river, and is within a 20 min walk from the ground, Rose of Denmark is also nice and a few mins closer, but much of a muchness really.  

I'd recommend Pump House personally. 

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

City supporter here just commenting on pubs to use and following on from Brizzle Ram.

Nova Scotia is a good old style boozer on the riverside which welcomes away fans, same as Rose of Denmark.

Pump House is a bit more modern (glass and chrome type place, or it was last time I made the mistake of going in there)

The Cottage is in between with decent pub grub and a large area outside (if the weather is ok).

All these are about a 10 minute walk to the ground, just follow the City supporters.

There is a Wetherspoons on the harbourside if you are around the city centre - you can get a ferry to the Cottage/Pump House/Nova/Rose from the city centre (4 quid I think). 

Google the Ostrich which also has a large outside area (bit further away but ok)

The tobacco Factory is ok, again with a beer garden and 5 minute walk.

There is also a fans village at the ground, away supporters often mingle with home supporters in our part of the village (there's much more going on here than in the away bit).

Anyway have a good day - but not too good ?

20 minutes ago, BrizzleRam said:

Yeah, Tobacco Factory is quite a family vibe (it's a café bar attached to a theatre) and it's on North Street - which basically gets totally overtaken by City fans on match days so I'd probably avoid that street altogether if you can. But Pump House is really nice with a nice beer garden overlooking the river, and is within a 20 min walk from the ground, Rose of Denmark is also nice and a few mins closer, but much of a muchness really.  

I'd recommend Pump House personally. 

I would have recommended the Merchant's Arms of the pubs in the Hotwells area, but I see it's no longer a Bath Ales pub and it's now a Hungry Horse - so that's now one on the 'to avoid at all costs' list.

Bristol City away has always been one of the games that I would happily settle for a draw before hand, horrible place to go. 

If we win here, I think we can do it. But we have got to put on the best performance of the season to really give us a push for the next games. COYR ?

So excited for this one now, I really hope we can go get the result. This is the biggest game of the season for us now, but so far this year we've tended to step up in bigger games, and since this is essentially like a cup game for us, I back us.

6 hours ago, BrizzleRam said:

Anyone got a vague plan for where the rams fans will be drinking before the game? It’s not much of an away fixture for me but would rather soak up the atmosphere amongst fellow sheep sha**ers, and coming in from Parson Street (the nearest train stop) a lot of the pubs that side of the ground are home fans only so just wondering where to aim for. Cheers!

COYR, massive game, absolute season definer. 

Knights Templar, Wetherspoons near Temple Meads station, then taxi to ground seems to be an option??

7 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Knights Templar, Wetherspoons near Temple Meads station, then taxi to ground seems to be an option??

If you go in the Knights Templar (posh Wetherspoons) you could take the scenic route and get a ferry from there to the Cottage or Nova or Pump House further up the river for a few more pints and walk to the ground from there (10 minutes).

https://www.bristolferry.com/content/large/landing_stages_2018/17.pdf

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

So excited for this one now, I really hope we can go get the result. This is the biggest game of the season for us now, but so far this year we've tended to step up in bigger games, and since this is essentially like a cup game for us, I back us.

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, Wednesday v Swansea will be as a bigger game.

It is really exciting and great that we are in this position still. After Blackburn I felt deflated, I just really hope tomorrow at 5pm I don’t feel deflated again. COYR ?

Win this and we have some momentum, the pressure will be on everyone else. .. a win.. 0-1 off someone’s backside .. COYR

let’s save pretty sexy football for the play off final when we sweep all before us and move on to the sunlit uplands, cross the narrow sea, vanquish the white walkers and take the iron throne, King Frank 1st of his name ..... oh ! I might be on the wrong thread 

19 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Have to say that they're a very photogenic pair of managers. 

Compared to virtually every other manager in the Championship.....

COYR...

Keep your trousers on.

COYRs!!!!!!!!

bang up for this one 

so much so Iv grown a pair, put the trousers on and told the mrs what she can do with her idea of going shopping together and stated my ass ain’t leaving the from room til 4.45.... or until brizzle are out of site 

taken me 15 years to do that but god dam it felt good lmao 

only messing, she knows it’s a biggy tomorrow bless her so has offered to go out and fetch a consolation curry ... it’s almost as if she’s been here before with me and derby lol 

I cannot deny... it's official... I am jealous of each and every one of you who are going tomorrow.  I regret the fact that I won't be there, and I only have myself to blame.

Have an absolutely cracking day, you lot... and bring us home the 3 points!

COYR  

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

I just want a win. I don’t care how it happens. I don’t care about playing well, I don’t care if it’s 1-0 from a goal that’s 5 yards offside, or a penalty from a blatant dive. I have no scruples ??

just win the bloody game.

Yes but we need to save the abandonment of ethics until Wembley ... you have to have some standards ?

16 minutes ago, jono said:

Yes but we need to save the abandonment of ethics until Wembley ... you have to have some standards ?

Wembley's in Middlethex, not Ethics.

6 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, Wednesday v Swansea will be as a bigger game.

It is really exciting and great that we are in this position still. After Blackburn I felt deflated, I just really hope tomorrow at 5pm I don’t feel deflated again. COYR ?

I wouldn't say so. I think we're by far the biggest game of the day, we shouldn't worry about others, if we win then we go up. Simple.

8 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

COYRs!!!!!!!!

bang up for this one 

so much so Iv grown a pair, put the trousers on and told the mrs what she can do with her idea of going shopping together and stated my ass ain’t leaving the from room til 4.45.... or until brizzle are out of site 

taken me 15 years to do that but god dam it felt good lmao 

only messing, she knows it’s a biggy tomorrow bless her so has offered to go out and fetch a consolation curry ... it’s almost as if she’s been here before with me and derby lol 

You're lucky, when I explained to my Mrs (Boro supporter) the importance of this match - she just laughed hysterically ?

Archived