Watchable telly

dog

10 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Just finished Top Boy on Netflix, both the original 2 seasons, then the newer 3rd one. Top stuff and a new series is being made too.

Seen Gomorrah is on Now TV and feel I really should watch it after all the praise on here. I watched the film about 10 years ago and liked that.

Top Boy is so good. Totally authentic in the way it depicts London estates and 'the life' and considering Kano has not formal acting training, he's absurdly good. People as talented as he is are quite annoying!

Gomorrah is great and I'm sure you'll love it. It's another show where nothing is sugar-coated nor incidental but it's stylish all the same.

A good few on here have talked about Mare of Easttown too and the hype is entirely justified. It's quite brilliant in almost every way.

5 hours ago, Wolfie said:

3 Episodes to go of The Terror and I think I might not bother.

Rave reviews and I do want to get to the end but it's just so unrelentingly grim & miserable, it's starting to do my head in now.

I really liked it but it's a hell of a tough watch. It's excellent but it's also something I'd not consider watching again.

43 minutes ago, TimRam said:

The Rain on netflix. This passed me by so finally got round to watching episode 1. Will carry on with it.

Started it twice and got through a few episodes. Sorta watchable without actually ever really gripping me in any way. 

Just watched the 1st episode of Time on BBC1. Fantastic but incredibly dark and disturbing program. Going to watch the rest on Iplayer this week before the football starts. 

27 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Just watched the 1st episode of Time on BBC1. Fantastic but incredibly dark and disturbing program. Going to watch the rest on Iplayer this week before the football starts. 

Stephen Graham is always incredible. Sean Bean is great in it too. Watched 1 and a half episodes, brilliant stuff.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Stephen Graham is always incredible. Sean Bean is great in it too. Watched 1 and a half episodes, brilliant stuff.

You’re right Stephen Graham is always amazing, I’ve heard he’s also going to be in the last Peaky Blinders series which will be good. 
If ever anybody needed and extra reason to stay out of Prison then watch Time! 

On 05/06/2021 at 23:57, 86 Hair Islands said:

Argh. Started watching Gommorah again yesterday. Big mistake. Already a series and half in. Long night ahead. 

Just got to the end of series 2, 24 episodes in less than a week, which is supersonic viewing for me.

Only criticism so far? 

For a bunch of heightened alert gangsters, who are wary of every little move, they don't half like meeting in cinematic dead end streets where a quick escape involves at least a 3 point turn.

A totally immersive series, to the point I can hear a moped outside, probably delivering the neighbours tea, yet I'm fighting the urge to go out and beat them to death!

On 07/06/2021 at 17:33, Mostyn6 said:

TIME on BBC. Only half way through episode 1. Sean Bean sent to prison, very dark and gritty so far. 

I started watching Time last night, enjoying it, I would imagine @MuespachRam is glued to this, I heard he loves watching dodgy horrible Scousers especially ones that have been sent to prison! 

16 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I started watching Time last night, enjoying it, I would imagine @MuespachRam is glued to this, I heard he loves watching dodgy horrible Scousers especially ones that have been sent to prison! 

Just finished watching Time, it was really good.  The only downside for me is Stephen Graham who is a bit too much like a scouse Billy Davies for my liking ?