Watchable telly

dog

On 27/04/2021 at 14:29, 86 Hair Islands said:

Edit: Nearly forgot - The Falcon and The Winter Soldier - load of bolarks. Didn't last through to the second episode ?‍♂️

It had strange pacing. The first few episodes were slow and took too long introducing that characters and plot points. Episode 3 and 4 were really good though, Daniel Bruhl as Zemo is great. Episode 5 then sets up for the finale, which is the acting you’re waiting for. Better than Wandavision, and probably slightly more accessible for non-Marvel fans. Both shows are def aimed at MCU fans though. 

Fenix - A Dutch-Belgian crime series about an escalating drug war in Holland. Don't let the ludicrously modest IMDB rating put you off. Just think along the lines of a Dutch Gomorrah and you won't be too far off. I can't abide C4 with their 4 minute ad-breaks , but if you can, you can find it there.

3 hours ago, r4derby said:

It had strange pacing. The first few episodes were slow and took too long introducing that characters and plot points. Episode 3 and 4 were really good though, Daniel Bruhl as Zemo is great. Episode 5 then sets up for the finale, which is the acting you’re waiting for. Better than Wandavision, and probably slightly more accessible for non-Marvel fans. Both shows are def aimed at MCU fans though. 

Strange everything for me. The re-invention of  Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan's characters as a wise-cracking, buddy duo was painful to watch. High time that the incessant flow of MCU movies had a greater emphasis on quality over quantity, I reckon, but I suspect that you're spot on as regards these secondary type spin-offs being aimed at MCU diehards and not the likes of me.

4 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Strange everything for me. The re-invention of  Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan's characters as a wise-cracking, buddy duo was painful to watch. High time that the incessant flow of MCU movies had a greater emphasis on quality over quantity, I reckon, but I suspect that you're spot on as regards these secondary type spin-offs being aimed at MCU diehards and not the likes of me.

They’re not designed to progress the overall narrative at this stage. Marvel have said that there won’t be any major plot points made in them, they’re just there to flesh out the stories of characters and events. At least they’re short series. As much as I like them, 6-8 episodes means that they tell they’re stories with good tempo.

Bucky and Sam started this relationship back in Civil War. There will be an increases in Marvel properties over the next 3 years, seeing as they’ve announced updated schedules for films now. I’m still enjoying the films massively. The 2 TV shows have been enjoyable, easy watches without being amazing TV spectacle. Interested to see what non-fanatics think of Loki, the next show on Disney+

9 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Did you find out...? Watch any of series 1? 

Have just finished series 1 and really enjoyed it. 

It's in the queue buddy. Had a bit of a download frenzy and still trying to get through it all. Work is suddenly manic too. I'd almost forgotten I still need to do the occasional day's graft!

Has Mare of Easttown come up yet?

Apart from the sucky play on words title and a bit of a slow start, it's absolutely brilliant 3 episodes in.

Kate Winslet is utterly outstanding in a Charlie George kind of way.

For those of you who like trivia, check out the stuff on IMDb about her when filming this.

Something I never knew was that most actors taking on a tricky dialect prefer not to break their accent during breaks whereas she didn't care a jot.

Seems like a lovely person too.

18 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Apart from the sucky play on words title and a bit of a slow start, it's absolutely brilliant 3 episodes in.

For those of you who like trivia, check out the stuff on IMDb about her when filming this.

Something I never knew was that most actors taking on a tricky dialect prefer not to break their accent during breaks whereas she didn't care a jot.

Is this on Netflix, prime, or somewhere else?

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Looking forward to that, will watch when more are available.

Watching The Flight Attendant at the moment on Now Tv as well. Good stuff.

Netflix/BBC/Amazon all do some good stuff, but HBO is usually the best still.

Edited by ariotofmyown

On 09/05/2021 at 17:42, Mostyn6 said:

Decided to give Startup a chance on Netflix, cos of Martin Freeman. I’m 13mins in to ep1 and it’s already the third shagging scene! ?

Am a couple of episodes into S2, and it’s been quite enjoyable. 

On 30/04/2021 at 19:36, Mostyn6 said:

Not seen this mentioned before, I’m nearing the end already and it’s been a brilliantly captivating watch which I highly recommend. Ignore the blurb and just watch an episode. You’ll all thank me. 

I must once again mention Better Than Us. Finished it nearly two weeks ago and am still thinking about it. 

On 03/05/2021 at 19:44, Mostyn6 said:

Enjoying another Russian programme on Netflix. This one To The Lake is very good. 

This was also pretty good. 

Now we have caught up with Mare of Easttown we've started watching The Serpent.

2 months earlier - That Mare of Easttown looks quite good.

6 months earlier - Has Kate Winslett done anything lately?

Yesterday- I think we've caught up on Mare of Easttown.

23 years ago - I'm not watching a film about a sinking boat when I know what happens, anyway wtf are the two people in it, I've never heard of either of them.

Now - Are you banging on about The Serpent jumping around all over the place again? No.

Finally got around to watching Peaky Blinders.

Half way through season 4 now, and it's taken a while, but I'm now enjoying the black comedy as opposed to being baffled by the utter ludicrousness of the plots. Really enjoying Tom Hardy's portrayal of the Alfie Solomons character.