Watchable telly

dog

11 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

Out of interest, what else is in you top ten?  Would like to see if i'm missing out on anything.  Thanks

Shouldn't have mentioned a top 10 should I? Under pressure now! ? A few obvious ones with a couple of bolters at the end...

• True Detective (season 1 only) - Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson, brilliant script, dark as fook. Brilliant.
  • The Wire - epic US crime series with fantastic characters and dialogue
  • The Sopranos - What can I say. RIP James Gandolfini
  • Deadwood - apparently the sweariest series ever - A virtuoso performance from Ian McShane and just great fun
  • Band of Brothers - A masterpiece pure and simple
  • Rick & Morty - animated anarchy
  • Edge of Darkness - Found this long after it's release but despite being very old, it's stunning. Joe Don Williams masterclass
  • 4 Blocks - Subtitled version not dubbed!! It's tough being a crime lord

Will have a think about a few more less well known ones when I get a chance

20 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Shouldn't have mentioned a top 10 should I? Under pressure now! ? A few obvious ones with a couple of bolters at the end...

• True Detective (season 1 only) - Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson, brilliant script, dark as fook. Brilliant.
  • Deadwood - apparently the sweariest series ever - A virtuoso performance from Ian McShane and just great fun
  • Edge of Darkness - Found this long after it's release but despite being very old, it's stunning. Joe Don Williams masterclass

Many thanks, i will have a read up on some of those i haven't seen.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I think three of those, maybe 4, make consideration for me. 

On 28/05/2021 at 13:06, NottsRam said:

Many thanks, i will have a read up on some of those i haven't seen.

Few more random picks buddy - some daft as hell but great fun binge material like The Punisher and Banshee. Very watchable without being worthy in any way.  Others are really strong shows and deffo worth checking out IMO. I've starred the latter. 

Narcos*
Narcos Mexico*
Animal Kingdom*
Peaky Blinders
The Boys
Fargo*
Better Call Saul*
Boardwalk Empire
Snowfall*
McMafia*
Oz*
Banshee 
The Punisher
Warrior

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Few more random picks buddy - some daft as hell but great fun binge material like The Punisher and Banshee. Very watchable without being worthy in any way.  Others are really strong shows and deffo worth checking out IMO. I've starred the latter. 

Narcos*
Narcos Mexico*
Animal Kingdom*
Peaky Blinders
The Boys
Fargo*
Better Call Saul*
Boardwalk Empire
Snowfall*
McMafia*
Oz*
Banshee 
The Punisher
Warrior

E6549CE5-9961-4C91-8F22-3F71C1911855.gif.9859bc5608b9a655a63c78e26f51c387.gif

On 29/05/2021 at 16:16, 86 Hair Islands said:

Narcos*
Narcos Mexico*
Animal Kingdom*
Peaky Blinders
The Boys
Fargo*
Better Call Saul*
Boardwalk Empire
Snowfall*
McMafia*
Oz*
Banshee 
The Punisher
Warrior

Oz is the only one of these I haven't tried yet. 

Banshee, I got through one episode and it just didn't capture me. Boardwalk Empire I loved initially before it slowed to a snail's pace. 

4 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Oz is the only one of these I haven't tried yet. 

Banshee, I got through one episode and it just didn't capture me. Boardwalk Empire I loved initially before it slowed to a snail's pace. 

Banshee is is not a serious show buddy. Anthony Star (Homelander from The Boys) in the lead, Ulrich Thompson as a psychotic Mormon crime lord and best of all, Hoon Lee as the foul-mouthed, wise-cracking, crossdressing hacker... What's not to like? It's a fun show with literally zero pretentiousness.

Boardwalk Empire was a great fun too with far more good episodes than bad but as with everything, it's different folks, different strokes. I'd probably give Oz a swerve if I was you.

12 hours ago, Eddie said:

Currently embarking upon a journey of Stranger Things.

So far, so very good indeed.

Excellent show. I started it during the first lockdown and ended up binging all 3 seasons pretty rapidly. Bit of a lull in the middle but they are so well made. Looking forward to season 4.

Stating Mare of Easttown today. Sounded good so waited for all episodes to be available as I'm too impatient to watch something over two months. Booked myself off until next week so a long walk in the sunshine around Boars Hill, the GF's awesome Massaman curry, few ice cold beers and on it goes. Feeling quite chipper today to be fair ?

30 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Stating Mare of Easttown today. Sounded good so waited for all episodes to be available as I'm too impatient to watch something over two months. Booked myself off until next week so a long walk in the sunshine around Boars Hill, the GF's awesome Massaman curry, few ice cold beers and on it goes. Feeling quite chipper today to be fair ?

Not sure you'll cope with a binge watch. I was wrung out after some episodes! 

Enjoy your break ?