Watchable telly

dog

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Loved Bloodline. Ben Mendelsohn is great.

Didn’t think I’d like series two but did. Found concentration wavering in series three.

I haven't watched Bloodline, but looking at reviews, it's amazing how many shows are really loved by people for two seasons, and then season 3 is rubbish.

And it never seems to be , not quite as good as the first two, but often, absolute garbage , wish they hadn't bothered.

Lupin on Netflix

French version of Luther x Cumberbatch's Sherlock Holmes type thing. 

The other half insists on dubbed English rather than French with Subtitles which means I'm not enjoying it as much as I probably would but so far it's decent enough. A few plot holes but as enjoyable as this sort of thing tends to be.

On 25/07/2021 at 21:29, Wolfie20 said:

Watching Mortimer & Whitehouse : Gone Fishing (yet again!).

Never been much of a fan of either of them before but in this they just gel brilliantly. Find myself grinning so many times in what is just a 30 minute programme. You don't need to have any interest in fishing to enjoy it.

Good news. New series starting next Sunday!

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Started watching The White Lotus last night, oddly addictive. Not sure what it’s trying to be, a comedy or a dramatic story. Elements of both. Stifler’s mum is in it. Basically a hotel in Hawaii. 

Have watched four episodes now and I'm hooked. Really witty and well done. 

Hotel manager reminds me of Basil Fawlty. 

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Started watching The White Lotus last night, oddly addictive. Not sure what it’s trying to be, a comedy or a dramatic story. Elements of both. Stifler’s mum is in it. Basically a hotel in Hawaii. 

Binge watched it and quite enjoyed it.

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Binge watched it and quite enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/08/2021 at 14:34, ariotofmyown said:

Loved that. Great acting, especially by the legal guy.

I read recently that Robert De Niro was initially going to do that part and had to pull out just before filming was due to start. John Turturro was brilliant so not sure, muc though I love him, how De Niro would have made it any better tbf.

Half way through seasons 4 of Bosch and really loving it now so thanks for telling me to stick with it.

Started Turning Point on Netflix last night, about 9/11 and terrorism. Got to say I wasn’t quite prepared for how tense and raw some of the footage and stories are.

Its been a good documentary so far and I am someone who’s read up on the topic, but some of the footage both in Afghanistan and New York is tough.

4 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Started Turning Point on Netflix last night, about 9/11 and terrorism. Got to say I wasn’t quite prepared for how tense and raw some of the footage and stories are.

Its been a good documentary so far and I am someone who’s read up on the topic, but some of the footage both in Afghanistan and New York is tough.

I started to watch this too, couldn’t see it through though. 

The National Geographic documentary   9/11: One Day in America is the most harrowing doc I’ve seen regarding 9/11. There are so many different 9/11 documentaries but this is brilliantly done. It goes through events in real time with people who were there. Some of the stories and images are extremely tough to watch, many of which I’ve not seen before. It’s an excellent documentary of a day many will never forget.