v Norwich away (Matchday thread).

Rev

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Great win but it’s also concerning going forward and I hope it doesn’t cover over the cracks. We are putting ourselves in a position by not beating sides like Millwall, Rotherham, Stoke,  Bolton and Home games like forest, blackburn and Bristol City where we almost have to win these bigger games (same with West Brom) to keep up with the rest. We are conceding near enough every game meaning we have to score at least 2 to win a game.  The teams that get promoted have a solid foundation which we currently don’t. We can’t keep relying on our forwards because there will be games where they don’t perform like against Villa. I’m not a fan of 4-3-3 with our current team because we don’t have any control. We need a more solid foundation with 4-2-3-1 with two holding midfielders(two out of Huddlestone, Evans and Ledley), and allow Wilson and Mount to play as high up the pitch as possible where they can be more effective. Alternatively, a back three formation where we add another defender like Pearce instead of Jozefzoon/Lawrence may be an option as we can’t defend crosses.

We all know we have very talented attacking midfielders and forwards but the balance isn’t quite right at the moment with the protection to the back 4.

Yeah, no offence - but I'll read this tomorrow ? Today, will live long in the memory of all Rams fans as a spectacularly unexpected result - so I'm gonna bask in the glory of our great team and manager for the rest of the day ? 

A great interview from Frank, totally agree we need to get behind the team more at home, if we go a goal behind, stay with the team, that's when they need us, I always stay  behind the team, so let's have more positivity on Tuesday, and please let's not get on the players back for one misplace pass or a sideways pass, or a backwards pass, let's all support our team from start to finish, that is our job, to drive the team onto victory.

Reasons to be cheerful ...

- Frank dispels doubters with his team selection and late motivational skills

- Top two both lose at home. Not a great omen for them. Runway leaders ? Definitely not.

- under pressure Mount, Zoon , wisdom Tomori and Carson all respond perfectly 

- only 6 points behind auto places going in to new year 

- memory of disappointing previous performance more than wiped out by this one ( against 13 unbeaten home team) 

- 3 points earned from possible 6 away at top 6 opposition not too bad 

- in play off positions going into new year . Objective achieved .

- last time we were losing away  to one of two league leaders 2 nil after half an hour and came back to win ...?  Too long ago to remember 

maybe things are looking up ? 

38 minutes ago, Ramitupper said:

Yeah, no offence - but I'll read this tomorrow ? Today, will live long in the memory of all Rams fans as a spectacularly unexpected result - so I'm gonna bask in the glory of our great team and manager for the rest of the day ? 

Fair enough but it’s about being balanced. We weren’t perfect today and another day Norwich would have scored at least a few more and Rhodes should have scored at the end really. We shouldn’t let this result cloud judgements, it’s about being sensible and objective when we win. The same applies when we lose after seeing performances like we did against Sheffield Utd. 

28 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

A great interview from Frank, totally agree we need to get behind the team more at home, if we go a goal behind, stay with the team, that's when they need us, I always stay  behind the team, so let's have more positivity on Tuesday, and please let's not get on the players back for one misplace pass or a sideways pass, or a backwards pass, let's all support our team from start to finish, that is our job, to drive the team onto victory.

Good luck with that the three guys who sit behind me will turn in their grave before they do that.Every misplaced pass brings cries of we will be lucky to avoid relegation.....they slag off Marriott,Wilson and Fozzy at every opportunity not being above conference standard...Mount will never make a footballer....whilst screaming for players to go straight through their opponents......they are having a good weekend if we are losing.

39 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

This post needs a like from all of us. We are supporters. So you groan if a pass goes wrong but that’s in the moment and fair enough. But We need to be a bit more B4 ish at home. Ok i’m Never going to be a South Stand chant leader but we all need to give some positive energy to the players. I drives me mad in the east stand. We’ll never do massive chants but we must do more much more ... be loud be positive. Join in the clapping the oohs and ahhs and the since I was young. It doesn’t take much .. and it’s catching  COYR

Well, after being out all day, and out of the loop, I have to say that playing catch up on this thread has been exhilarating, exciting, and downright entertaining.

Also have to say that some of you need to hang your heads in shame, looking at some of those comments earlier in the game!  LOL

My biggest smile today, is reserved for the lads and lasses on here who took the trip east, even if it was more out of duty than expectation!  Hope you are all feeling very very smug this evening, as indeed you should!

COYRs.

Archived