v Norwich away (Matchday thread).

Rev

Positives:

- team morale 

- goals from all over

- Marriott, Tomori, Holmes, Nugent

Negatives

- Bogle (yes again from me) was awful defensively. Got beaten virtually every time, gave ball away in bad spots, last Norwich goal he has to be better

- Jozefzoon. Miskicked goal aside, he's a passenger. Holmes did more in ten minutes with the ball than Joz did. The goal will deflect a mediocre performance

- Why didn't Pearce come on for last three mins? They had header they should have buried, a shot brilliantly saved and hit the bar when the Rams defence disappeared down a black hole.

The celebration at the end was special but fair play to Keogh and Bogle who were shaking their players hands. I do like that side of respect. 

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I have just got home. Never in recent history have I set off with less expectation of success as I did today. Firstly thanks to Norfolkram for the tip off about the coach n horses. Great pub, great atmosphere with both sets of fans, just like football should be. Great game as long as you don’t like to watch too much defending. It would be churlish to criticise anyone after today’s great win. So I will just give Tomori, Wisdom and Mount an extra pat on the back as my stand out performers. Best away day for many a year 

Think it was I who tipped off about Coach and Horses going with my 72 year old man. Think Norfolk said it would be Rammed (no pun intended), he wasn't wrong, sardines in there!!! 

My old man had ear and throat infection so my mum came along instead for her first game in years, and what a game!!! My dad text me when I was on train home to Suffolk to say thanks for his Birthday present ??.

My best mate (from Norwich) is Coach and Horses Cricket Captain and told me to text when I was 5 mins from pulling into Norwich Station. Off the train, walked up hill (for East Anglia) found pub, breathed in, squeezed through ques to find mate turning away from bar with four drinks in his hands.

If Carlsberg did football days, today was it!!! COYR???

21 minutes ago, 'Rambe33 said:

Just got home! A long long way but so worth it! 

Christ that was good! Not for the heart but sheer rollercoaster of emotions throughout.

That is why we do it! That's why we pay the money, live in hope that we get served up a plate of that! 

We conceded 2 early goals and I must admit I feared the worst at that stage. However once we started to press them and put pressure particularly on the back four we started to get back into it. 

Hats off to Tomori. I'm not his biggest fan but a superb strike and one thing is for sure he's absolutely giving everything he's got for us! Credit to the lad. 

Pure and utter bedlam in the stands when Marriott scored. That period of pure joy and adulation is hard to beat! 

I thought Wisdom and Keogh were class all day. I appreciate looking at highlights Wisdom was beaten easily for their first but his second half was the Wisdom old..

The Keogh haters climb back under your rocks. He was immense today! 

George Evans also had a good game. Started slow but seemed to be everywhere thereafter and showed glimpses of a decent passing range as well but a lot more mobility than our Tom.

While Waghorn didn't have a huge effect in the attacking areas his ability to battle, win flick ons and work for the team was everything we look for in a playernin the black and white. More please. 

One note for the Norwich winger Hernandez. My word he's dangerous can go either way and was pivotal to their attacking threat. A serious talent. On this credit to Bogle who was up against it today and he did well against what I've seen the best winger in the league. 

Finally what composure from our Jack. His pure persistance won him that goal and watching back the composure he shows to chip Krul is sublime. What a guy. Think I'm in love... 

Overall a completely bonkers game of football. Superb fight and backbone from Derby to get back into it. After Boxing day you need a performance and result and this could be a huge result for us moving forward! 

The scenes at the final whistle from the players to the fans is everything you want as a football fan supporting your team. You could see how much it meant to them and I know it's a little thing but for them to instantly run as a team to the away end was a thing of beauty! 

Love my club!!! ? ? ? ? 

Ps. The moment Wisdom started beating the chest of the man-bun sporting Norwich player who'd left a bit on Andre in the second half was superb. Never have you seen a player want the ground to swallow them up than Cantwell... 

Thank you, Rambe.  Halfway through trying to write a match report and watch the highlights at the same time - you've saved me a lot of effort! 

I can't remember when the team celebrated a regular league game like that with the fans. Tomori sparked the passion, infected the rest of the team and we fans helped carry it through to the end of the game. 

I felt exhausted after that - goodness only knows how the players felt! 

All I want from my club is to see the heart, passion and fight that you describe above. 

I read this thread on the long journey home and it was very entertaining but somehow the attempts to analyse and critique the players' performances takes something away from what it was to be a part of today's match. 

I'm a very happy Ram tonight.

54 minutes ago, 'Rambe33 said:

Just got home! A long long way but so worth it! 

Christ that was good! Not for the heart but sheer rollercoaster of emotions throughout.

That is why we do it! That's why we pay the money, live in hope that we get served up a plate of that! 

We conceded 2 early goals and I must admit I feared the worst at that stage. However once we started to press them and put pressure particularly on the back four we started to get back into it. 

Hats off to Tomori. I'm not his biggest fan but a superb strike and one thing is for sure he's absolutely giving everything he's got for us! Credit to the lad. 

Pure and utter bedlam in the stands when Marriott scored. That period of pure joy and adulation is hard to beat! 

I thought Wisdom and Keogh were class all day. I appreciate looking at highlights Wisdom was beaten easily for their first but his second half was the Wisdom old..

The Keogh haters climb back under your rocks. He was immense today! 

George Evans also had a good game. Started slow but seemed to be everywhere thereafter and showed glimpses of a decent passing range as well but a lot more mobility than our Tom.

While Waghorn didn't have a huge effect in the attacking areas his ability to battle, win flick ons and work for the team was everything we look for in a playernin the black and white. More please. 

One note for the Norwich winger Hernandez. My word he's dangerous can go either way and was pivotal to their attacking threat. A serious talent. On this credit to Bogle who was up against it today and he did well against what I've seen the best winger in the league. 

Finally what composure from our Jack. His pure persistance won him that goal and watching back the composure he shows to chip Krul is sublime. What a guy. Think I'm in love... 

Overall a completely bonkers game of football. Superb fight and backbone from Derby to get back into it. After Boxing day you need a performance and result and this could be a huge result for us moving forward! 

The scenes at the final whistle from the players to the fans is everything you want as a football fan supporting your team. You could see how much it meant to them and I know it's a little thing but for them to instantly run as a team to the away end was a thing of beauty! 

Love my club!!! ? ? ? ? 

Ps. The moment Wisdom started beating the chest of the man-bun sporting Norwich player who'd left a bit on Andre in the second half was superb. Never have you seen a player want the ground to swallow them up than Cantwell... 

Was away at Norwich last year brilliant day and result that day would of loved to of been in that away end again today! Shame no videos of the fans after Marriotts goal... some cracking videos at the end! 

Wow just wow! Didn’t go unfortunately my memories of Carrow Road are all bad and after 30 mins thought this was going to be similar to my experience. Lamps has made the changes people were demanding and it hasn’t worked, Wilson isn’t a midfielder flo jo flattering to deceive again etc etc, then a wonder goal by Tomori and his reaction after it seemed to get everyone going. It all changed and the football we were playing in November started to come back. Incredible.

Hard to criticise anyone today because of the heart character and endeavour to pull off an epic victory at a team unbeaten in 13 winning 9 of those, and a team that scores boat loads of goals. It doesn’t matter we conceded 3, we beat one of the most in form teams in the league though granted they’re not the team they were 4 weeks ago. Frank is spot on in his interview - used in the right way this could be a massive turning point for us. 

Really pleased for Jozefzoon. It was a terrible finish but they all count, I’ve been critical of him but sounded like he was a real threat in the second half, and big shout out to George Evans, rather like Thorne on his debut - struggled at first and had to play his way into the game (Ed Dawes said he had to chalk his boots which i thought was quite astute for Ed) but he sounded like he got better and better as the game went on. Has to start on Tuesday.

We need to harness the energy from today and go for it against Boro, fans included, the away fans need to bottle the noise from today and unleash it at PP to help get us home fans going!!

COYR!!

Congratulations.    I got news of the score and caught some game highlights.     Always a pleasure to see Norwich City see some setbacks and misfortune and guess they've been getting a bit carried away with themselves in recent time such is their position.     Hope that loss really hurt them, seriously well done to Derby on their victory.    Traveling fans must have had a trip to remember also.

Scores such as this are the mark of a championship (league winner) team.   Of course nothing is settled as yet but play like that and pick up scores with it, you'll regain EPL status in no time.      

One of the most memorable matches I ever went to at the BBG was an evening game against Coventry in the early 70s.

The game was due to kick off at 7.30.

At 7.20 the heavens poured an absolute deluge on an already boggy pitch.

The Ref had already said the game would be played so it started on time.

Within 10 mins the Rams were 2-0 up yet they managed to lose 3- 4.

Mozza and I both reckon this as one of the most entertaining matches we had seen.

All these years on and the Rams have achieved what Coventry did that night.

I hope some of the Canary fans will look back on today’s game and think “Wow!”

5 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If anyone had this in the prediction league I'll be surprised.

I was pretty close....

9 hours ago, 86 points said:

Norwich 0 Derby 2 Waghorn     Norwich 2 Derby 0 no FRGS     Norwich 2 Derby 2 Tomori   FFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSS Norwich 3 Derby 2 Tomori Arrrrr, feck it, I give up. Why's it so feckin dark in here....

Archived