v Norwich away (Matchday thread).

Rev

29 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

One of the most memorable matches I ever went to at the BBG was an evening game against Coventry in the early 70s.

The game was due to kick off at 7.30.

At 7.20 the heavens poured an absolute deluge on an already boggy pitch.

The Ref had already said the game would be played so it started on time.

Within 10 mins the Rams were 2-0 up yet they managed to lose 3- 4.

Mozza and I both reckon this as one of the most entertaining matches we had seen.

All these years on and the Rams have achieved what Coventry did that night.

I hope some of the Canary fans will look back on today’s game and think “Wow!”

And Tony Green broke his leg.....from memory.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, 86 points said:

What did our resident carrot-interferer do btw? @NorwichLad Is he really banned or was that a joke? Didn't see him posting anything on the match thread. If he was on here it must have been an interesting afternoon for him ?

Oh it was an interesting afternoon for all of us... And he certainly is banned.. was a few more pages in this thread earlier as well

2 hours ago, 86 points said:

I'm curious too. Had been getting on my tits for weeks now though. Proper Smuggy McSmugface  ?

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

What did he do in the end to be removed?....not surprised btw

Without getting into it, he posted something absolutely outrageous, the single most offensive post I've read on the forum. I'm glad he's gone.

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Far worse than you might expect, would think any post discussing it would be removed tho

55 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Without getting into it, he posted something absolutely outrageous, the single most offensive post I've read on the forum. I'm glad he's gone.

Just to show our Norfolk numpty mate that there’s no hard feelings, I thought I’d write a wee ditty for the lad. I was a bit torn as to what to call it but in the end I titled it, ‘I Love My Farmer Dad, But I love My Sister More’, which I’m sure you’ll all agree, is quite catchy! It goes like this.....

There once was a lad from East Anglia,

His twelve fingers meant he was handier,

As he toiled on his dad’s farm,

He’d always remained calm,

‘Til the Stud’s late goal made him angrier.

12 hours ago, 'Rambe33 said:

Just got home! A long long way but so worth it! 

Christ that was good! Not for the heart but sheer rollercoaster of emotions throughout.

That is why we do it! That's why we pay the money, live in hope that we get served up a plate of that! 

We conceded 2 early goals and I must admit I feared the worst at that stage. However once we started to press them and put pressure particularly on the back four we started to get back into it. 

Hats off to Tomori. I'm not his biggest fan but a superb strike and one thing is for sure he's absolutely giving everything he's got for us! Credit to the lad. 

Pure and utter bedlam in the stands when Marriott scored. That period of pure joy and adulation is hard to beat! 

I thought Wisdom and Keogh were class all day. I appreciate looking at highlights Wisdom was beaten easily for their first but his second half was the Wisdom old..

The Keogh haters climb back under your rocks. He was immense today! 

George Evans also had a good game. Started slow but seemed to be everywhere thereafter and showed glimpses of a decent passing range as well but a lot more mobility than our Tom.

While Waghorn didn't have a huge effect in the attacking areas his ability to battle, win flick ons and work for the team was everything we look for in a playernin the black and white. More please. 

One note for the Norwich winger Hernandez. My word he's dangerous can go either way and was pivotal to their attacking threat. A serious talent. On this credit to Bogle who was up against it today and he did well against what I've seen the best winger in the league. 

Finally what composure from our Jack. His pure persistance won him that goal and watching back the composure he shows to chip Krul is sublime. What a guy. Think I'm in love... 

Overall a completely bonkers game of football. Superb fight and backbone from Derby to get back into it. After Boxing day you need a performance and result and this could be a huge result for us moving forward! 

The scenes at the final whistle from the players to the fans is everything you want as a football fan supporting your team. You could see how much it meant to them and I know it's a little thing but for them to instantly run as a team to the away end was a thing of beauty! 

Love my club!!! ? ? ? ? 

Ps. The moment Wisdom started beating the chest of the man-bun sporting Norwich player who'd left a bit on Andre in the second half was superb. Never have you seen a player want the ground to swallow them up than Cantwell... 

I am sure this is a great post but I will have to finish reading later as I have something in my eye.

Archived