v Wigan (a) match day thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

We’ve gone up to third cause we scraped the win. Doesn’t make any baring on the performance. Perform like that was and you’re more likely to lose than you are to win, and are likely to drop down the table. Sorry but it’s the truth, no use covering it up. Well done for seeing the result through, but performances are what breed long term success.

Very true. But have you not seen a level of performance at times this season that gives you real hope? You don’t become a bad team overnight. This team has it in the locker.

Thats why when we’re not at the races you have to be grateful we dug it out, frustrating as it is given how we know we can play. We got 3 pts when teams around us failed today.

We should’ve buried Wigan in the first half but missed our chances. That’s only because we’re saving them for Forest!!

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

We’ve been very poor for a while now imo, we were awful against Wednesday too. And its all from our own lax play. After being so delighted with the regime a few weeks back I find myself furious at the way we’ve gone about our business recently. I’ll be labelled a wrist slasher but it isn’t good enough, it’s sloppy and if I was Lampard I’d be throwing teacups around at certain players.

This ,just got back from the match ,we are badly out of form the team as a whole are not working hard enough. Certain players were a waste of a shirt today ,no names because they are good players but they ain't doing it at the minute .

I have to say I wish FL was a bit more animated when watching a display like the second half I hope he isn't satisfied with the effort today. That could easily have been a draw a more focused team would have finished that by half time . 

I followed a coach back north tonight with a Derby flag on display in it. Presumed it must be a northern branch of our supporters but when I googled the phone number on it, it turns out it was from Ripley Derbyshire. Anybody on here know where it was heading, would be interested to know? My guess is that either the coach driver was pissed or they were heading for a night out in maybe Preston or Blackpool possibly.

16 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

We’ve gone up to third cause we scraped the win. Doesn’t make any baring on the performance. Perform like that was and you’re more likely to lose than you are to win, and are likely to drop down the table. Sorry but it’s the truth, no use covering it up. Well done for seeing the result through, but performances are what breed long term success.

You are mr sun shine arent you

Look many teams have dip In form how do with it and how bounce that counts.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

He didn’t even stay down, he kicked the floor and buckled but then had enough to scramble himself up and chase the loose ball. At no point did he put his arms up or look back at the ref. 

It was right in front of me and he went down anticipating some contract, when the contact didn't come, he had the presence of mind to literally bounce back up and chase the ball. He could have easily got a needless second yellow there.

It seemed to take FL ages to drag him off, after that incident. 

2 hours ago, nottingram said:

Frustrating to log on and see we’ve lost against ten men again. Will just go and check the stats from the game.

Whats that? We’ve won and have gone to 3rd? But all the comments from the game have indicated we’ve lost! Well I for one am surprised that our game management has gotten a bit worse with our move to a vibrant young team with a novice managerial team!

Well I braved the cold and the driving rain with a mate and I'm definitely not a wrist slasher..but the negative comments generally tell the tale better than the positive ones.

Very sloppy start to both halves and we could easily have been behind very early on.

Nice little pass and crazy foul and definite straight red. Derby then played 15/20mins of total football. Joy to behold. 

Didn't grab the 2nd goal and the pre halftime lull led me to expect we would rev it up again and tear them a new 'un 2nd half. Unfortunately we played the most sloppy and frustrating 2nd half I have witnessed for a while.

Positives : Tomori, pace and good reading of the game. Bogle looked much better again. Marriott worked hard and took his goal well.

Negatives: Malone not his best game, Mount, Wilson and Bryson just didnt seem to really be on it today. Even Huddlestone was sloppy 2nd half. Lawrence actually looked dangerous but so so wasteful too (got dog's abuse from the lad's near me). Such a disjointed performance it was hard to fathom. So many passes going astray it was unbelievable. 

Take the 3 points of course.  Real Jekyll and Hyde performance. 2nd half we lost all composure and every 50-50. Pretty lucky not to concede and game management was poor, felt like we had the 10men. 

Move on and upwards. Frank was buzzing at the end. Will be interested what he says.

10 minutes ago, ram59 said:

It was right in front of me and he went down anticipating some contract, when the contact didn't come, he had the presence of mind to literally bounce back up and chase the ball. He could have easily got a needless second yellow there.

It seemed to take FL ages to drag him off, after that incident. 

Yeh but he didn't deserve the first yellow, there wasn't even close to being any contact, so there is that. Wait till you see it on RamsTV, Morsy should be disciplined for that.

Wasn't the best to watch in the 2nd half, but half expecting to lose, after looking at the form

tables before the start, as Wigan were 2nd in the home table behind Norwich - I thought there was

an error but no, they had only lost once before today. So quite happy with result really,awfull weather!

4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Well I braved the cold and the driving rain with a mate and I'm definitely not a wrist slasher..but the negative comments generally tell the tale better than the positive ones.

Very sloppy start to both halves and we could easily have been behind very early on.

Nice little pass and crazy foul and definite straight red. Derby then played 15/20mins of total football. Joy to behold. 

Didn't grab the 2nd goal and the pre halftime lull led me to expect we would rev it up again and tear them a new 'un 2nd half. Unfortunately we played the most sloppy and frustrating 2nd half I have witnessed for a while.

Positives : Tomori, pace and good reading of the game. Bogle looked much better again. Marriott worked hard and took his goal well.

Negatives: Malone not his best game, Mount, Wilson and Mount just didnt seem to really be on it today. Even Huddlestone was sloppy 2nd half. Lawrence actually looked dangerous but so so wasteful too (got dog's abuse from the lad's near me). Such a disjointed performance it was hard to fathom. So many passes going astray it was unbelievable. 

Take the 3 points of course.  Real Jekyll and Hyde performance. 2nd half we lost all composure and every 50-50. Pretty lucky not to concede and game management was poor, felt like we had the 10men. 

Move on and upwards. Frank was buzzing at the end. Will be interested what he says.

Great day to watch footy!!! I agree with much of this. Whatever happened to the ‘use both flanks and make the pitch as wide as possible against 10 men’ idea? Time after time in the second half we refused to take the option to take on the full backs on the outside to try to get to the byline - so frustrating! We bossed the first half but Wigan looked like they had 12 on the pitch in the second half, never mind 10. Oh and just a nod to Wigan’s histrionics trying to get Wilson sent off every time - you deserved everything you got Latics - fook all! COYR.

JUST FANTASTIC, thanks to the most amazing supporter group I’ve been lucky enough to be a part of, sorry I didn’t catch you @Steve How Hard?, maybe we can reunite and I can finally take him down under. A massive thanks to @coneheadjohn@BarrowRam and his wife for helping me get the tickets, I don’t have a bad thing to say about this club and it’s fans, thankyou so much for making it one of the most memorable matches of my life

Will have to now tick off the bucket list of seeing them play In Derby and I think I’ll have to drag my father along to that one.

once again thankyou all

Forever COYR from the distant lands of Australia 

Kindest Regards Pat

PS the other photo is of my dad over 40 years ago and this year at the town sign for Derby, Australia, just further illustrate the heritage of our blood

7F2FCCBB-6D31-4967-B9BA-455C29A46221.jpeg

25ECA71C-4D47-428E-B2B7-DF0C94D321AE.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Pat_fromAus said:

JUST FANTASTIC, thanks to the most amazing supporter group I’ve been lucky enough to be a part of, sorry I didn’t catch you @Steve How Hard?, maybe we can reunite and I can finally take him down under. A massive thanks to @coneheadjohn@BarrowRam and his wife for helping me get the tickets, I don’t have a bad thing to say about this club and it’s fans, thankyou so much for making it one of the most memorable matches of my life

Will have to now tick off the bucket list of seeing them play In Derby and I think I’ll have to drag my father along to that one.

once again thankyou all

Kindest Regards Pat

PS the other photo is of my dad over 40 years ago and this year at the town sign for Derby, Australia, just further illustrate the heritage of our blood

Glad you enjoyed it Pat even though it wasn't the best game. Atmosphere was pretty good regardless. Hope you stayed around at the end to see Frank start the bounce. Would be more than happy to forward Rammie onto you before you go home. Just let me know how's best to do that. ?

5 minutes ago, Pat_fromAus said:

once again thankyou all

Kindest Regards Pat

It was a Pleasure to help you out Pat. Conehead John did all the hard work getting your ticket. It was great meeting you. Loved seeing the pictures of your dad at the sign post of derby Australia. Next time when you come over with your dad we will meet up at pride Park with conehead John and have a few drinks.

Just wanted to pass on a massive thank you especially to Conehead John and Barrow Ram, but also all the other travelling Rams who made PatfromAus so welcome at Wigan. The weather may have been poor and the performance patchy, but he had a day to remember watching the mighty Rams. Derby was a pretty good team when I started supporting them from afar almost 50 years ago but I didn’t realise what a special club and group of supporters I’d rusted myself on to. Ok, enough of the pleasantries, but again, thanks, regards Pats Dad.    

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Very true. But have you not seen a level of performance at times this season that gives you real hope? You don’t become a bad team overnight. This team has it in the locker.

Thats why when we’re not at the races you have to be grateful we dug it out, frustrating as it is given how we know we can play. We got 3 pts when teams around us failed today.

We should’ve buried Wigan in the first half but missed our chances. That’s only because we’re saving them for Forest!!

Yes I have, never have I said otherwise. After the West Brom game I said the only thing that would stop us winning this league is our own stupidity. Because that was one of the finest performances I’ve seen from a championship team in all the time we’ve been down here, and it wasn’t just the one performance either, for a good month we were absolute star quality and I genuinely believed, for the first time in a while, that we were going to push on and decimate the division ala Leicester 13/14 when they won like 15 on the bounce.

But it’s exactly that isn’t it, our own stupidity. Since the villa match we’ve been absolutely dreadful at times, and it’s not us lacking in quality or technique or anything like that, because this is the most talented bunch of players we’ve had in a long time. It’s lackimg in focus and effort, too many times were caught napping, being too arrogant and lax with our passing. And nothing frustrates me more than that. It’s not having an off day, it’s just not trying hard enough, and that’s unacceptable imo, and if I was derby manager I’d be absolutely fuming at times over the last few weeks. Because like I say the quality is there in abundance and we are capable of playing some brilliant stuff, capable of achieving anything in this division IF we work to earn the right.

As I say it’s a good result today I’m not disputed that, I’m just saying we can’t just keep writing off poor performances because eventually they’ll start hurting you. Things have to change and I’ve seen a worrying lack of improvement, as we keep experiencing the same slow starts and drop offs in performances.

Hopefully you’re right and we’ll get back to form against forest and hammer them, because if we don’t teams with their quality will easily dispatch us playing like we have recently. If we start playing to the best of our ability, then we will push on and destroy this league like I said we’re capable of. Until we start working for it however, we ain’t going to. Sorry but that’s the crux of it. You won’t get away with results like this and Wednesday forever.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Silly reaction by Wilson

Wilson's reaction is due to Morsy standing on Wilson's hand (wouldn't surprise if he did it on purpose), so I can kind of understand why he wanted to have a go at him, Morsy is the one who went head to head with Wilson, and ran off like a cry baby once he knew Wilson wasn't going to react to it. 

Archived