v Wigan (a) match day thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We really should've been 2 or 3 up at Half Time. Wilson off the line by far the best chance and at 2-0 the games over. We were very poor 2nd half, yes, but 3rd in the table, clean sheet, and the win is always first. Rather be playing poorly and have stuff to work on and still be winning. 

I hope nobody asks me to hold my hand out during the next 9 days... I'm pretty certain I won't be holding it steady!  Hate the run up to the big game, but this is the tightest it's been for some time.  Roll on 10pm a week on Monday, when it's all over and I can relax again!  

Keogh and Tomori were outstanding. I will say that much. Windass ran them into the ground, yet only came up with less than 20 touches throughout the entire game - they won every battle and rarely wasted the ball. It was a very much deserved clean sheet on their part. 

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I checked on the FA site and it looks as though you're right. Big shame. Mount and Wilson I guess. 

21 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Cut off for 5 bookings ended last week so he’s fine for Forest

19 minutes ago, Carnero said:

5 booking deadline passed a few weeks back - the Stoke game was the cut off I think so caught Johnson (excluding the additional ban) but Bryson & Waghorn (I think) survived @ 4 bookings.

Well that's good news! I'd take another hattrick from Bryso! 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Keogh and Tomori were outstanding. I will say that much. Windass ran them into the ground, yet only came up with less than 20 touches throughout the entire game - they won every battle and rarely wasted the ball. It was a very much deserved clean sheet on their part. 

And they did their best to try and control the game. But someone insisted on messing it up. Quite a busy afternoon for the pair. I love Tomori. 

9 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I hope nobody asks me to hold my hand out during the next 9 days... I'm pretty certain I won't be holding it steady!  Hate the run up to the big game, but this is the tightest it's been for some time.  Roll on 10pm a week on Monday, when it's all over and I can relax again!  

Can't be wishing your life away Mucker. Despite being some way off our best recently, we sit third in the division. A win against Forest and they'll need to be cancelling the open top bus tour and surely that's something to look forward to? COYR

14 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Frustrating to log on and see we’ve lost against ten men again. Will just go and check the stats from the game.

Whats that? We’ve won and have gone to 3rd? But all the comments from the game have indicated we’ve lost! Well I for one am surprised that our game management has gotten a bit worse with our move to a vibrant young team with a novice managerial team!

Spot on. We beat a team who (I believe) have the joint best home record in the division. We’re now 3rd in the league. Why the duck are people so negative.

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Can't be wishing your life away Mucker. Despite being some way off our best recently, we sit third in the division. A win against Forest and they'll need to be cancelling the open top bus tour and surely that's something to look forward to? COYR

Yes, well just keep telling me that...  I mean, Yes, I need to keep telling myself that!  Ha Ha!

Glum weather, glum performance, the second half was poor. Good to get a clean sheet but our other big problem is breaking down sides that defend. It's been like this for too long now, do they not practice this on the training ground. I am sure they do, we must improve on this or we will lose games in this way more often than not. Bring on forest, they will come to play which will benefit us. 

Games come thick and fast this time of year, we need to pick up results despite of the performances. If we are still up there and performances improve then it’ll come together very nicely Feb/March time. But the points are vital right now. 3 points at Wigan is not to be sniffed at.

Forest game is gonna be a cracker whatever the result, love it. Now let’s get the beers in!

43 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

What a pleasant surprise. I’ll be honest, I didn’t expect anything today, as Wigan is a tough place to go to at the minute and it had all the makings of a 1-0 shithouse home victory. This hunch intensified when I arrived at my seat having consumed just two cans of Dark Fruits due to Wigan’s ridiculous pricing. How wrong I was.

Today we showed a lot of balls. We played some lovely stuff in the first half but the second half was a test of our heart and our grit, as we needed to dig in for the whole of the second 45. Of course, we should expect to be more comfortable with a man advantage against a mid-table side, but it’s never that easy in this fantastic league.

Two players stood out for me today. Fikayo Tomori was immense at the back and has grown into his role superbly. But MOM for me, by an absolute mile, was Tom Bloody Huddlestone. We all know about his on-the-ball abilities, but it was his defensive work that was incredible today. He put us on the front foot countless times with his lung-busting sliding tackles that always seemed to result in the ball going to a Derby player. Top notch.

That feeling at the end of the game was amazing. The relief at the final whistle was great, but the belief shown by the singing of ‘Ey Aye Ey Aye Ey Aye Oh’ and the force of the bounce at the end were my favourite moments.

We have a good thing going at this club right now. Let’s keep this going into our biggest game of the season on Monday. That game will be the most important Derby-Forest fixture since I’ve supported the club due to our respective league positions.

I bloody love this club, and I’m saying that as a sober man.

Up the chuffing Rams.

? You don't need a drink to be brilliant! 

Archived