v Leeds Utd (H) Match Thread

rynny

28 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Bennet  or Nugent would make the bench over Wisdom/lowe, We never have 3 defenders on the bench and it would unfair on Bennet or Nugent to not even ever get a chance from the bench.

ye my bad Bennett for Lowe then

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Pottig said:

My boss is a Leeds fan. He said the other day that watching them against Stoke was "like watching Man City." 

The delusion is real.

That is crazy and shows how delusional fans can be after a good performance. Although, I seem to remember a few similar posts on here after a pre-season game, but that's different.

Really looking forward to this game. Such an exciting time to be a Ram. I even hate Leeds a bit less at the moment too. And remember, if they do beat us and carry on with a good start to the season, it will be meltdown again by November. It always is.

5 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Watching Beilsa's pre match. His translator is quite impressive, but Bielsa doesn't seem comfortable, he spends the whole time fiddling with a pencil.

Being asked about where he'd like to strengthen he said he likes having 2 players of every position, and of those 22 players he likes 18 of them to be of the same level. Which is pretty ambitious for this league.

Was pretty basic in terms of his responses to his questions about us. We'll be a different challenge etc. etc.

Dallas is injured though.

One of the journalists embarrassed himself by asking a question about the bucket that Bielsa sits on though. Took them a while to even understand the question. 

Apparently someone called Debbie was responsible...

Every season we have games like this with the forum entering a ‘But they look soooo good how we gonna cope?’ mentality. Now, other than that disastrous game that Keogh produced, we have so much fresh new blood let’s see them worry about us. Dirty Leeds WE’RE COMING FOR YA. Dear lord to think we could have still had Rowett...... And that’s coming from a pro Rowett happy clapper,past tense of course ??

On 08/08/2018 at 10:00, Rampage said:

Need Waghorn against Leeds and maybe Johnson for muscle. Leeds are very good. Draw will be a good result at this stage. Saiz is brilliant. Roofe needs watching carefully. This game is made for our defenders being dispossessed farting around trying to play the ball out of defence. We must take our chances because Leeds will score at least one. 

Agree - we need a physical presence. Johnno seems to do well against his former clubs. 

2 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Up to seven players could be making their debuts on Saturday, can't remember the last time we had so many. 

Waghorn in for Nugent? 

Malone in for Lowe? 

Evans for Ledley? 

First 2 yes , last one no, to many changes will disrupt 

I wonder what our best 11 and bench would be?

Carson, wisdom, keogh, davies, malone, bryson, huddlestone, mount, Lawrence, Waghorn, Wilson.

Subs- Roos, pearce, lowe, evans, marriot, Holmes, Jofezoon 

No idea where that leaves ledley , johnson, bennett, and Tomori

Obviously this is talking a few weeks time

Matchday Squad v Reading: Carson, Roos, Wisdom, Keogh, Davies, Lowe, Bogle, Pearce, Ledley, Mount, Bryson, Johnson, Wilson, Lawrence, Nugent, Jozefzoon, Thomas & Bennett. 

I think those four will drop out, with Malone, Tomori, Waghorn & Marriott to come in. Huddlestone is probably still injured? I haven't heard anything. No idea on the starting XI. 

Something's got to give in the starting lineup and overall squad, unless we're going to claim various of the new boys aren't at the required intensity. I reckon if Huddlestone is fit he'll come in and we'll see:

Carson

Tomori     Keogh    Davies    Lowe

Huddlestone

Bryson        Mount

Wilson      Bennett      Lawrence

Subs: Roos  Wisdom  Malone  Evans  Marriott  Josefzoon  Waghorn

That would mean Ledlley and Nugent from last week's starting 11 dropping out entirely, and Wisdom moving to the bench. Thomas, Johnson, Bogle and Pearce drop off the bench. I can see a dozen alternative lineups, but you've got to make the call at some point. Tough decisions for Frank, but they're of his own making.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Something's got to give in the starting lineup and overall squad, unless we're going to claim various of the new boys aren't at the required intensity. I reckon if Huddlestone is fit he'll come in and we'll see:

Carson

Tomori     Keogh    Davies    Lowe

Huddlestone

Bryson        Mount

Wilson      Bennett      Lawrence

Subs: Roos  Wisdom  Malone  Evans  Marriott  Josefzoon  Waghorn

That would mean Ledlley and Nugent from last week's starting 11 dropping out entirely, and Wisdom moving to the bench. Thomas, Johnson, Bogle and Pearce drop off the bench. I can see a dozen alternative lineups, but you've got to make the call at some point. Tough decisions for Frank, but they're of his own making.

Bennett will not start for sure

It would have been hard enough to pick an eleven from the existing group. It’s extremely difficult when you throw 9 new players into the mixer.

I suspect Frank will be very gung ho and throw a few curveballs.

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Malone

Ledley

Lawrence Mount

Wilson Nugent Waghorn

We will definitely be put thru the ringer here, and  need to match the intensity they showed 

against Stoke, they will be looking to capitalise on our passing across the back four, so we will

need our midfield to be more available when moving the ball forward. 

Unluckily we don't have a few weeks to gel with the new players, so this will be really tough.

Waghorn,  Timori and Malone to start if fit.

Archived