v Leeds Utd (H) Match Thread

rynny

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Every question about derby is met with negativity - And Leeds are "Almost perfect"....

Did he not mention that Stoke played dreadfully? and that we have sign 9 players. 7 of the 9 i would say would get in the Leeds side. He talk about us 'relying' on players like Lawrence and Mount.

Read this Hinchy...

Carson - one of the best keepers in league - 2nd most clean sheets in league last year - international and prem experience  

Davies - 2nd best player in championship last year if you go by rating per game - he had a 7.3 average - prem experience

Malone - was in the championship TOTY last time he played in this league (and style) - has premiership experience

Huddlestone - One of best passers in the league and has vast premiership experience

Bryson - scored 16 goals as a midfielder a few seasons ago and gained promotion with Cardiff last year

Wilson - On loan at Hull last year and scored 7 goals in 11 games - Liverpool say hes there next 'Big' thing

Waghorn - Involved in more goals than any other player in champ last year 

Marriott - Most goals in the EFL last year (33) and is only 23

Jozefzoon - Won domestic titles with PSV in Holland

How many individuals have we got?

Bet Leeds dont have this in their side? they have Mr i dive Hernandez - he has ability but kick him and he will roll about and lose interest - Saiz is like Costa wind him up and he will react again ability but only on his day - Bamford can score goals but soft and S### and Roofe hes okay but average most of the time has to work really hard just to influence - i may be biased but if you look at both 18s tomorrow tell me who will have the more quality (on pitch and in depth of squad) during the season.......US!

I do not understand why managers talk about injuries in their pre-match pressers. Why hand an advantage to your opponents? Why? 

Lampard says Huddlestone is still injured and won't play, and the same for Nugent: https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/latest-derby-county-team-news-1884743

I would love it (Keegan style) if Huddlestone is actually fit and comes in tomorrow to ping inch perfect balls to our willing runners, with the dirty Leeds totally unprepared, believing he was out. But sadly I don't see it happening. 

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I do not understand why managers talk about injuries in their pre-match pressers. Why hand an advantage to your opponents? Why? 

Lampard says Huddlestone is still injured and won't play, and the same for Nugent: https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/latest-derby-county-team-news-1884743

I would love it (Keegan style) if Huddlestone is actually fit and comes in tomorrow to ping inch perfect balls to our willing runners, with the dirty Leeds totally unprepared, believing he was out. But sadly I don't see it happening. 

Not a cat in hell's chance Bielsa won't be prepared. He's famed for his meticulous obsessive planning. Lampard is simply not on his level- yet. 

I'm worried about this game, purely based on the previous match. Hopefully we won't have a team of individuals, but one cohesive unit. 

40 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Every question about derby is met with negativity - And Leeds are "Almost perfect"....

Did he not mention that Stoke played dreadfully? and that we have sign 9 players. 7 of the 9 i would say would get in the Leeds side. He talk about us 'relying' on players like Lawrence and Mount.

Read this Hinchy...

Carson - one of the best keepers in league - 2nd most clean sheets in league last year - international and prem experience  

Davies - 2nd best player in championship last year if you go by rating per game - he had a 7.3 average - prem experience

Malone - was in the championship TOTY last time he played in this league (and style) - has premiership experience

Huddlestone - One of best passers in the league and has vast premiership experience

Bryson - scored 16 goals as a midfielder a few seasons ago and gained promotion with Cardiff last year

Wilson - On loan at Hull last year and scored 7 goals in 11 games - Liverpool say hes there next 'Big' thing

Waghorn - Involved in more goals than any other player in champ last year 

Marriott - Most goals in the EFL last year (33) and is only 23

Jozefzoon - Won domestic titles with PSV in Holland

How many individuals have we got?

Bet Leeds dont have this in their side? they have Mr i dive Hernandez - he has ability but kick him and he will roll about and lose interest - Saiz is like Costa wind him up and he will react again ability but only on his day - Bamford can score goals but soft and S### and Roofe hes okay but average most of the time has to work really hard just to influence - i may be biased but if you look at both 18s tomorrow tell me who will have the more quality (on pitch and in depth of squad) during the season.......US!

Ayling and Douglas-two of the best if not the two best attacking full backs in the league.

Jansson- one of the best cbs in the league.

Cooper- iffy but capable of being as good as Jansson if he is at it.

Klich-Like Mount he has dominated the Eredivisie in the past, last season he created 11 goal scoring chances in one game, a record i believe.

Hernandez- technically far to good for this league, created more goal scoring chances then anyone in the Championship last season.

Alioski and Saiz- For 1st seasons they had a decent time. Tom Lawrence played more minutes then both and only scored or assisted 1 more. 

Bamford- Championship record with minutes played taken into account is better then 1 in 2.

Jack Harrison, Lewis baker, Tyler Roberts- 3 players very highly regarded in the footballing world it seems.

We do lack depth at the back and midfield which we hopefully will address.

You have more depth, but first 11s? Not sure there is anything in it.

51 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Have to agree with you mate. It's a concern further compounded by the fact that Joe is crocked too so neither established CDM will be available. If Evans is the pick by default then it's something of a baptism of fire. His ability and character will be severely examined, for sure. That said, I don't think this game is the foregone conclusion that Hinchcliffe makes out and if the players need motivation against the Dirties (surely not!) then I'd print out the article in question and pin it up around the club. For all their thuggish reputation, I believe Leeds have a soft underbelly and if we can match their energy and the Derby support get behind the lads, anything is possible. My head says that at this stage in the season, Leeds might just be a step too far for what is a very new side, but if this match were a month or two later I'd be fancying us bigtime. I'll still be picking Derby in the predictor thread, mind! 

2 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Read that yesterday, think outsiders can see the ridiculous leeds bias sky have in action right here... hardly a ‘tactical preview’ more like a slaughtering of our abilities. None of which he can have any real evidence for yet. How does he know we won’t be as good as wolves or Fulham?! There’s nothing to suggest we will but there’s nothing to suggest we won’t yet!

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Lampard says Huddlestone is still injured and won't play, and the same for Nugent

Lampard isn’t dumb, he’s said what he’s said for a reason - unless they tricked it out of him? Why is it an advantage, maybe it’all make them setup that’s worse for them? Maybe it doesn’t matter.

May I reiterate. Well I will anyway, this sort of game should never but never worry us. This division is incredible for the fantastic games it will produce this season, this being one. Talk about anticipation and excitement. This is better than many many Prem fixtures have no doubt. Not sure if BT have a game clashing with ours but wouldn’t be at all surprised if this has bigger viewing figures if they do. I’ve no issues we can take them apart. 0-0 then ?.

No no this is our time. Franks gonna get a tingle down his spine approaching Kick Off. ?

Based on the opening matches it’s no surprise that so-called neutrals are tipping Leeds. Play like that again and they will  beat us. However we are capable of so much better as we saw against Wolves and Southampton. Get back to the high-pressing game that we neglected in the first half against Reading and it should be a cracking match. 

Think his first comments about Derby were spot on. But then he proceeded to assess Derby’s chances for this game and for the season based on how we performed last week, which is far removed from where this team will end up.

Leeds were impressive but still have the same players that went missing for large periods of last season. Leeds have performed like that before Bielsa and not sustained it. 

Archived