v Leeds Utd (H) Match Thread

rynny

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

In the build up to both goals especially the 1st Stoke pressed high, well they tried, but they wernt very good at it going as individuals.

The touch i mentioned there full back had tracked Alioski and was so tight he fouled him but the touch round the corner meant there full back was now out of position. And our movement exploited that space. I admit they didnt do great at stopping Saiz and tracking Klich but i think that it was that touch and there full back now being out of position that created the confusion in the 1st place.

2nd goal again they did try to press high, on the defenders and on Philips. Wasnt to bad pressing, we just moved the ball a bit to fast. Then it sort of stopped as we went back, Ince didnt track Douglas and then that mistake left himfree as you said. 

If i could load the videos i would.

Not saying Stoke covered themselves in glory but they did try on both occasions to press originally, but a mistake and good play and that was it. 

Touch tight wasnt regarding there press, as you say its clear they wernt lol, but before that  with Alioski for the 1st they were.

Not long till kick off?

are you coming down for it ?

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guys only few hours to kick off and against leeds in which I hate with a passion dirty leeds. Come lets have every single person in pp today behind the lads. 

Come on frank lampard fire up the lads and let them go. All of derby right behind with everyone on there feet loud and proud to be a derby fan.

So come on derby fans 

Derby needs you.

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Can’t really include youths who’ll only play a handful of games between them.

Well I think you can if they're established squad players.  Pearce became our first choice LB last season and is backup to Douglas now.  Douglas gets injured and it's Pearce who will step in.  Peacock-Farrell played 13 games at the end of last season and has kept his spot now.  He's essentially our first choice keeper now, despite everyone expecting Blackman to replace him.  Leeds have a production line of youth, as i'm sure you're aware and I expect all the names mentioned to feature this season but those two in particular are now key squad/first team players and good ones.

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Can’t really include youths who’ll only play a handful of games between them. 

Whilst we’ve signed 9 new players in this window alone. Lowe, Bennett, Bryson and Martin (half season loan) have all returned from loans (not included Butterfield who is clearly out of the picture). Bogle and Thomas have both been promoted to the first team and will play fairly often. 

Thats 15 new first team players compared with our squad at the end of the season. 

It wasn't a dick waving post.  Just a worthwhile point to pick up on, on the day of the game.  If we're struggling during the game, there's every chance that our best players are waiting on the bench to come on.  The squad is markedly changed from last season, it just didn't look like it from the starting 11 last weekend.

You could sign 30 players in close season but if they're all duffers, it doesn't matter a jot.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well guys only few hours to kick off and against leeds in which I hate with a passion dirty leeds. Come lets have every single person in pp today behind the lads. 

Come on frank lampard fire up the lads and let them go. All of derby right behind with everyone on there feet loud and proud to be a derby fan.

So come on derby fans 

Derby needs you.

"  we all ducking hate Leeds "

7 minutes ago, Pub Breath said:

Well I think you can if they're established squad players.  Pearce became our first choice LB last season and is backup to Douglas now.  Douglas gets injured and it's Pearce who will step in.  Peacock-Farrell played 13 games at the end of last season and has kept his spot now.  He's essentially our first choice keeper now, despite everyone expecting Blackman to replace him.  Leeds have a production line of youth, as i'm sure you're aware and I expect all the names mentioned to feature this season but those two in particular are now key squad/first team players and good ones.

It wasn't a dick waving post.  Just a worthwhile point to pick up on, on the day of the game.  If we're struggling during the game, there's every chance that our best players are waiting on the bench to come on.  The squad is markedly changed from last season, it just didn't look like it from the starting 11 last weekend.

You could sign 30 players in close season but if they're all duffers, it doesn't matter a jot.

I was referring to you including Clarke, Shackleton and Edmondson in your “14 players) 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I was referring to you including Clarke, Shackleton and Edmondson in your “14 players) despite only mentioning 12 names in total. 

Fair enough and that's why I said 7-10 players as I appreciate it's a little unknown how much they will play.  So yeah, fair point with them.

The reason I mentioned them though is that they are genuinely floating around the squad and Bielsa said they were all in the plans for the season.  Clarke and Shackleton seem to be in his 22 players where he wants 2 for every position and then Edmondson on the fringes.  He's probably the least likely to feature.  Think Clarke will break through properly this season, looks a super talent.

Does anyone know how to watch the game from Thailand? I can't use my SkyGo because I'm not in UK, I can't watch using RamsTV because it's not supported in Thailand.

Are there any Thai Expats on here who know if it's on any local sports channel?

Serves me right for booking the holiday at the beginning of the season.

15 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

are you coming down for it ?

I'd be coming up.

I'm near Coventry, which causes confusion.

Tbf getting called a glory supporter causes me an equal amount of confusion ?

But no I'm not.

10 minutes ago, ck- said:

Does anyone know how to watch the game from Thailand? I can't use my SkyGo because I'm not in UK, I can't watch using RamsTV because it's not supported in Thailand.

Are there any Thai Expats on here who know if it's on any local sports channel?

Serves me right for booking the holiday at the beginning of the season.

There will be streams knocking about all oer the place.

LUTV are streaming it in North Korea apparently for example?

Have a google

I’ve just had to look through the squad list to remind myself who all the new players are. There’s so many, I’d already forgotten we bought Evans, Malone and Tomori ?. It’s a good job they play with their names on their backs!

On 09/08/2018 at 11:12, S Hunter said:

I was never going to get to this match.  First, Sky move the kick off time to 1730.  My last bus on High Peak buses leaves Derby at 1750.  Right, check the train times.  Replacement bus to Chesterfield, get on the train and change at Sheffield and Stockport getting back to Buxtonia at just after midnight.  That's about 40 miles from Derby.  Thinking about it.  Hmmmm.  Then I go and crack one of my ribs.  Painful, but it's made my mind up.  Radio Derby in my front room.  Safer.  

What's the Radio Derby signal like in Buxton? I'm thinking FM car radio rather than DAB.

On 09/08/2018 at 03:12, S Hunter said:

I was never going to get to this match.  First, Sky move the kick off time to 1730.  My last bus on High Peak buses leaves Derby at 1750.  Right, check the train times.  Replacement bus to Chesterfield, get on the train and change at Sheffield and Stockport getting back to Buxtonia at just after midnight.  That's about 40 miles from Derby.  Thinking about it.  Hmmmm.  Then I go and crack one of my ribs.  Painful, but it's made my mind up.  Radio Derby in my front room.  Safer.  

Half fan?

Leeds fans acting very confident on that thread. Let’s hope we get a result that makes them start to doubt their manager. I’d be surprised if he’s there beyond Christmas as much as I appreciate him as a manager but this is England, much different to Spanish football.

Archived