v Leeds Utd (H) Match Thread

rynny

9 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

I wonder what our best 11 and bench would be?

Carson, wisdom, keogh, davies, malone, bryson, huddlestone, mount, Lawrence, Waghorn, Wilson.

Subs- Roos, pearce, lowe, evans, marriot, Holmes, Jofezoon 

No idea where that leaves ledley , johnson, bennett, and Tomori

Obviously this is talking a few weeks time

Swap Bennett for Wilson on basis of first game and I agree with first 11

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, WystonRam said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Tomori start and Keogh on the bench.

I would. Lampard effectively called him a co-captain. Going to take more than a few sloppy passes that cost us 0 points for him to be dropped. 

Carson

Tomori         Keogh         Davies         Malone

Huddlestone

Bryson                     Mount

Wilson                  Waghorn                Lawrence

Sub -

Roos

Wisdom

Lowe

Evans

Jozefzoon

Marriott

Bennett

3 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Carson

Tomori         Keogh         Davies         Malone

Huddlestone

Bryson                     Mount

Wilson                  Waghorn                Lawrence

Sub -

Roos

Wisdom

Lowe

Evans

Jozefzoon

Marriott

Bennett

Reckon that will be pretty close, but not sure that Tomori will replace Wisdom from the start.

5 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

In his last interview, Frank made a comment about "respecting the players who got a win last time out" so I don't expect to see many changes in the starting line-up, but I've a feeling that the bench will look a lot different.

we won the game in the 94th minute doubt he will start with the same team that started Friday. We are also playing Leeds who are a lot better than Reading. I presume Nugent wont start due to ineffectiveness on Friday and their 2 CB's bossing Afobe Sunday - Ledley was poor and seemed to tweak something - Lowe may move out as Malone has come in, he has experience and is better attacking

Best fully fit 18                          

Carson

Tomori    Wisdom       Davies     Malone                     

Huddlestone 

Bryson                Mount 

Wilson                                          Lawrence 

Waghorn

Roos, Keogh, Lowe, Evans, Holmes, Jozefzoon, Marriott

Carson

wisdom.   Keogh Davies.  Malone 

Huddlestone    

Mount.        Bryson

wilson         Waghorn   Lawrence 

Subs - Roos Bennett tomori Johnson Thomas jayflo Marriott  

Anticipation at level 11 .. Whoever is picked will form a brand new Derby team without a shadow of anything from previous seasons remaining. 

What are we going to see ? Will they Gel ? I bet training is more than interesting and just a teensy bit intense. And Leeds with Bielsa won’t be run of the mill 

I can’t think of a time in football when I have ever see such comprehensive change of cards. 

Phew ....Also can’t help seeing this is like Chelsea when Abramovic arrived and was buying players all at once. I wonder if Frank will be a Tinkerman. I can certainly see echos of past Chelsea DNA forming .. almost 2 teams and squad rotation.

nervous but in the right way. (I think ?)

That bench is going to take some deciding.

Thomas, Nugent, Pearce, Mitchell, Evans, Jerome and Holmes would struggle to make it tomorrow IMO.

Mitchell, Tomori, Huddlestone, Lowe, Jozefzoon, Bennett, Marriott.

Going to be a lot of disgruntled players if we can’t ship them out 

I'm backing Lowe to keep his place. I may be wrong but I think he's earned it with his preseason form and against Reading, although weak for their goal, was by no means our worst defender.

Also having spoken to a mate last night who supports Huddersfield, Malone is the signing that I have the biggest question mark over currently. He says he's poor defensively but get's forward well, getting into good positions but generally fails to convert. Apparently he was excellent at Fulham though, so it looks like a player whose performances can be extremely variable. Let's hope Frank and Jody can get the best out of him. 

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I think we might have got Leeds at a bad time, they looked good against Stoke and will be pumped up for this. You want to play them as late as possible when Bielsa has had time to absolutely drain the players of all their energy with his mad pressing tactics.

Potentially two teams with a focus on pressing. 

Sometimes when that happens, the ball never gets out of midfield ? 

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I think we might have got Leeds at a bad time, they looked good against Stoke and will be pumped up for this. You want to play them as late as possible when Bielsa has had time to absolutely drain the players of all their energy with his mad pressing tactics.

So next week?

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

That bench is going to take some deciding.

Thomas, Nugent, Pearce, Mitchell, Evans, Jerome and Holmes would struggle to make it tomorrow IMO.

Mitchell, Tomori, Huddlestone, Lowe, Jozefzoon, Bennett, Marriott.

Going to be a lot of disgruntled players if we can’t ship them out 

Not going to have both Lowe and Tomori on the bench, Tomori can cover the whole back four. 

Huddlestone hasn't trained either so I'd imagine Johnson or Evans will make the bench as will Holmes 

Archived