v Leeds Utd (H) Match Thread

rynny

The thing is....this wasn't the Leeds team that finished 13/14th. 

This was a team comprehensively reprogrammed by bielsa. They'd been doing triple training sessions until 7.30 pm.  

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jono said:

in a sense I am glad we have got this one out of the way. Frank and Jody will have learned a lot and the players have had 90 minutes together and are mostly young enough to keep their heads up and get ready to fight again. 

This result was always going to happen sometime soon and now we can build a bridge and move on.

2 games down 44 to go.

That's a possible 132 points to go with the 3 we all ready have. Wolves went up with 99 pts so Frank can do the same and still drop another 36 if he wants.

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What are the positives from yesterday?

As stated Tomori, competitive in first hour against a good team, needs some changes but nothing impossible, Davies and Huddz to come in. And Butterfield ?

58 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

This result was always going to happen sometime soon and now we can build a bridge and move on.

2 games down 44 to go.

That's a possible 132 points to go with the 3 we all ready have. Wolves went up with 99 pts so Frank can do the same and still drop another 36 if he wants.

Thats 12 more defeats and 30 wins then, I'll take that

Well I sat through the full 90+ mins yesterday and having had time to consider what I witnessed I’m not as concerned as I first thought I was. I recall BC didn’t get off to a great start, Igor lost the first game he played in 5 - 1 and Sir Alex was rumoured to be only one game away from the sack so no need to press the PANIC button just yet!!! As has been said earlier in this thread it was only one game and we are a work in progress but what did concern me was that Leeds has all 10 outfield players who were comfortable on the ball and were willing to make themselves available whereas we had only one player (Tomori) the rest appeared frightened of taking any responsibility and appeared not to offer themselves for any sort of possession. I think Frank alluded to ‘being brave in possession’ in his post match interview. We have a premiership management team & championship players and some compromise may need to be reached. It will be interesting to see how many of yesterdays starting eleven feature in the last dozen games of the season. Never thought it was going to be a smooth ride but in Frank I (still) trust!!! 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

The thing is....this wasn't the Leeds team that finished 13/14th. 

This was a team comprehensively reprogrammed by bielsa. They'd been doing triple training sessions until 7.30 pm.  

What I meant was that the same players finished 14th last season and were a shambles. I am sure our players are equally if not more talented and I hope Frank can do what Bielsa has done and get the best out of them.

We came up short against a side that played a style with an intensity we just weren’t able to match on the day. I think their triple sessions and undoubted hard work was the difference, as was the undoubtedly talented Bielsa who had our number marked. We are still figuring out what works best for us, so we need to have a little patience. I don’t think we should rip up the blueprint just yet, we just need to tweak and find the correct balance. 

Just lacking in Midfield. Need a new quick DM and another CM who's better and stronger than Bryson to work with Mount. Also when the back 4 is settled We should start playing better, I don't know about RB but I would go with Tomori, Davies and Malone. RB may require change, not sure if Bohle is ready and Wisdom has been poor so far.

On 11/08/2018 at 15:26, Phoenix said:

What's the Radio Derby signal like in Buxton? I'm thinking FM car radio rather than DAB.

96FM till you get over the tops towards Ashbourne is spot on.  What's DAB?  We're talking Buxton here.  Only just got electricity.

Archived