v Leeds Utd (H) Match Thread

rynny

11 minutes ago, Pottig said:

Really, how much of Leeds' performance against Stoke was Leeds playing brilliantly vs Stoke being woeful under a ****house manager?

Its all just part of rowetts master plan. Get the team so beaten down they start to accept his ways.

Get themso convinced that tthey can't ssucceed except by the shithouse. If they won games playing attractive football that'd never do.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Pottig said:

Really, how much of Leeds' performance against Stoke was Leeds playing brilliantly vs Stoke being woeful under a ****house manager?

Don't beat about the bush lol

I agree, but must say that after watching the Leeds/Stoke game, I do have some concerns,

it will certainly provide a stern test in our first home match. However, win this and things

will definitely be on the up and up   ?

18 minutes ago, Pottig said:

Tbf as much as you guys dont like Rowett he did get you to 5th one way or another so he cant be entirely hopeless. 

If you watch 2 of our goals they started from a gk throw and a throw in deep in our half and Stoke didnt touch the ball once, they tried they did press, but we passed around them.

There were some lovely moments of quality, Alioski's touch round the corner in the build up to the 1st, nothing Rowett could do about that, there player was touch tight. 

Not saying Stoke were good but i do think it was 90% us being just better then them being poor.

21 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Tbf as much as you guys dont like Rowett he did get you to 5th one way or another so he cant be entirely hopeless. 

If you watch 2 of our goals they started from a gk throw and a throw in deep in our half and Stoke didnt touch the ball once, they tried they did press, but we passed around them.

There were some lovely moments of quality, Alioski's touch round the corner in the build up to the 1st, nothing Rowett could do about that, there player was touch tight. 

Not saying Stoke were good but i do think it was 90% us being just better then them being poor.

I will give you that the pass for the first goal was great but Stoke did not press at all and were all over the place.

Two pictures I’ve attached to this post:

1st goal Stoke have 10 men behind the ball with about 6 of them drawn towards the actual ball. Not keeping any sort of line across the defence and definitely not high pressing!

2nd goal was a 30 yard long ball (again not even a stoke player within 20 yards of your man so not high pressing), also nobody even marking your winger who it’s played to...infact I don’t think any Stoke player was within 5 yards of any Leeds player and if you carry on watching they never get within 5 yards of them. 

Don’t get me wrong, I was impressed by Leeds and think they’ll do well this season but to say Stoke were ‘touch tight’ and Rowett couldn’t have done anything is rubbish. 

2902DCDA-6DE2-4E8A-93E4-8A0C658A4FDD.png

D52A2383-FE64-4487-AB8F-F780AD73FA21.png

15 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

Andy Hinchcliffe has such a downer on Derby that it is hard to see anything but bitterness in his comments. Did Shackell shag his missus or something?

Hinchcliffe said butterfield was the best midfield player (outside the premiership) in the country.he would be better keeping quiet after that one.

56 minutes ago, osmaston ram said:

Hinchcliffe said butterfield was the best midfield player (outside the premiership) in the country.he would be better keeping quiet after that one.

He's his agent. Johnson is the 2nd best too. Get them both for a giveaway 10 million. Reading??

PistoldPete2

Team assuming hud and nuge injured; 

carson wisdom Malone Keogh davies ledley mount Bryson Lawrence wag horn wilson

subs Mitchell new guy Cb, evans, Holmes flojo Marriott Bennett. 

Tough on Lowe and bradders.   not too sure about the midfieldthat misfired a bit against reading , and Wilson was a disappointment first game but we do miss hud. Hopefully it was just rustiness against reading and we can raise our game against the dirties. 

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think Johnson may have a part to play. Probably not in the starting line-up but as a physical ppresence it we need it.

I agree, he did well when he came on against reading and I probably wouldn't through holmes into the match day squad when he only signed Thursday evening.

Just got up another year older, hope Derby can put a smile on my face, I think we will win this one, can not wait to put a show on in front of the sky cameras, think Frank will get us fired up for this 2-0 to the Rams, Waghorn and Bryson to score the goals to send pp bouncing again.

24 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I agree, he did well when he came on against reading and I probably wouldn't through holmes into the match day squad when he only signed Thursday evening.

Did well in what sense?

Nearly getting sent off twice?

Giving away needless fouls?

Hitting the corner flag with a shot when we needed to keep the ball?

Poor passing?

11 hours ago, Topram said:

Can see this being a good game but not a good score 2-3 or something.

we are a work in progress and Leeds have  pretty much the same squad as last year

Since December last year, we've added: De Bock, Forshaw, Roberts, Harrison, Baker, Blackman, Douglas and Bamford.  Also, Klich pretty much didn't feature last season as he didn't get on with TC and was sent out on loan.  On top of that, Peacock-Farrell and Pearce broke through to the first team from the youth setup.

We now have other kids like Clarke, Shackleton and Edmondson who are being tipped to break through this season and are in and around the squad.  These are high caliber youngsters too.

That's between 10 and 14 players who were not involved in the first half of last season and 7-10 who were not involved at all last season.  It's a long way from being pretty much the same squad.  We also had our best player - Ayling - injured for half of last season.

To be fair to you, what's probably thrown you is the Bielsa chose to mainly go with last season's players in the first game.  In all honesty, it was 2/3rds what most us considered a reserve team.  Leaving talent like Jansson, Bamford and Roberts (£20-£25m of talent) sat on the bench seemed madness.  That he managed to get such a performance from so many players we considered reserve options was as surprising to us as it probably was to everyone else.  Then again, the squad last season was far better than what two inept managers were able to achieve with it.  It just lost it's way and never found it again.

Should be a cracking game today.  I'm nearly certain we'll see goals at both ends.

10 hours ago, Mckram said:

I will give you that the pass for the first goal was great but Stoke did not press at all and were all over the place.

Two pictures I’ve attached to this post:

1st goal Stoke have 10 men behind the ball with about 6 of them drawn towards the actual ball. Not keeping any sort of line across the defence and definitely not high pressing!

2nd goal was a 30 yard long ball (again not even a stoke player within 20 yards of your man so not high pressing), also nobody even marking your winger who it’s played to...infact I don’t think any Stoke player was within 5 yards of any Leeds player and if you carry on watching they never get within 5 yards of them. 

Don’t get me wrong, I was impressed by Leeds and think they’ll do well this season but to say Stoke were ‘touch tight’ and Rowett couldn’t have done anything is rubbish. 

2902DCDA-6DE2-4E8A-93E4-8A0C658A4FDD.png

D52A2383-FE64-4487-AB8F-F780AD73FA21.png

In the build up to both goals especially the 1st Stoke pressed high, well they tried, but they wernt very good at it going as individuals.

The touch i mentioned there full back had tracked Alioski and was so tight he fouled him but the touch round the corner meant there full back was now out of position. And our movement exploited that space. I admit they didnt do great at stopping Saiz and tracking Klich but i think that it was that touch and there full back now being out of position that created the confusion in the 1st place.

2nd goal again they did try to press high, on the defenders and on Philips. Wasnt to bad pressing, we just moved the ball a bit to fast. Then it sort of stopped as we went back, Ince didnt track Douglas and then that mistake left himfree as you said. 

If i could load the videos i would.

Not saying Stoke covered themselves in glory but they did try on both occasions to press originally, but a mistake and good play and that was it. 

Touch tight wasnt regarding there press, as you say its clear they wernt lol, but before that  with Alioski for the 1st they were.

Not long till kick off?

1 hour ago, Pub Breath said:

Since December last year, we've added: De Bock, Forshaw, Roberts, Harrison, Baker, Blackman, Douglas and Bamford.  Also, Klich pretty much didn't feature last season as he didn't get on with TC and was sent out on loan.  On top of that, Peacock-Farrell and Pearce broke through to the first team from the youth setup.

We now have other kids like Clarke, Shackleton and Edmondson who are being tipped to break through this season and are in and around the squad.  These are high caliber youngsters too.

That's between 10 and 14 players who were not involved in the first half of last season and 7-10 who were not involved at all last season.  It's a long way from being pretty much the same squad.  We also had our best player - Ayling - injured for half of last season.

Can’t really include youths who’ll only play a handful of games between them. 

Whilst we’ve signed 9 new players in this window alone. Lowe, Bennett, Bryson and Martin (half season loan) have all returned from loans (not included Butterfield who is clearly out of the picture). Bogle and Thomas have both been promoted to the first team and will play fairly often. 

Thats 15 new first team players compared with our squad at the end of the season. 

Archived