v Leeds Utd (H) Match Thread

rynny

Lampard was effusive in his praise of Mason Bennett after Friday's game and it would not surprise me if he starts on Saturday - maybe in place of Wilson, with Marriott and Wilson on the bench to replace Nugent and Bennett respectively when they tire or if things need changing.

I could also see Huddlestone starting if he is fully fit and Ledley isn't.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leeds were good today however Stoke were terrible and were playing into Leeds hands by sitting off, Put Saiz and Hernandez up in the air in the first 5 mins and they will lose their heads and not want it. If a team sits off of us this season and disjointedly presses us like Stoke did we will have a hat full of chances and goals. People saying Leeds this and Leeds that, but lets be honest having the first game of the season at home is a massive boost and every player will put a shift in especially at Elland Road. I dont think they will still be working that hard in November/December. People need to realise how much pressure Derby were under Friday, all the media and public were watching this game to assess us and assess Frank, If we had lost think of how the media would of portrayed it and rival fans? I think this caused nerves and showed in our play during the Reading game. We played badly and won away from home, we can play better granted but give this side 10 games and let the signings settle and we will be a force. I would go with Marriott up top, Nugent against the Leeds's defence would be useless and either Evans or Huddlestone in CDM to dictate play more and push Bryson further forward to stop him from coming too deep. 

On 04/08/2018 at 20:24, coneheadjohn said:

I’ve read a lot about Bielsa and his triple training sessions and making the players stay all day around the club.

I did wonder if that put Vyds off.

They’re either going to be ridiculously fit or fed up and wanting rid of him.

I would rather Stoke batter them to be honest.

I think we saw the answer to that yesterday. They were excellent. Should really have been four up by ht. Didn't expect them to keep that pace up for 90 mins but they did. We're going to have to raise our game from Reading or they'll do the same to us with a similar outcome.

31 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I think we saw the answer to that yesterday. They were excellent. Should really have been four up by ht. Didn't expect them to keep that pace up for 90 mins but they did. We're going to have to raise our game from Reading or they'll do the same to us with a similar outcome.

Don't think Snake FC gave them much of a game tbh, but when they did they threatened. We'll undoubtedly play better than Friday night too.

59 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Yes,can’t argue with that.

Interesting to see how it pans out through the season.

A lot of their players were struggling at the end with cramp and Bielsa was completely aloof,didn’t even acknowledge his players.

After that it’s difficult to argue against it,I still have some doubts on players putting up with it long term,who knows.

They certainly looked good.

If we sign Waghorn look at how much strength in depth we have. Leeds looked good but if Saiz or Hernandez got injured who do they have who can be as threatening in those positions. Same with Forest some good names on the starting 11 but average dross on the bench. We have....

ST - Marriott, Waghorn (poss), Nugent and Bennett for strikers and if you were interchanging Marriott and Waghorn or bringing on Bennett or the other you couldn't complain.

LW/RW - Lawrence, Wilson, Jozefzoon, Thomas not bad at all any of the first 3 could start and Thomas is an unknown quality on bench.

CM - Bryson, Mount, Johnson - Mount and Bryson starters and Johnson for back up when needed or to see out a game.

CDM - Ledley, Huddlestone, Evans - May need some more pace but all good players on there day - I prefer Evans though due to his age.

LB - Lowe, Forsyth - Problem area as we know question marks over both players for different reasons however Lowe can be trusted to perform and Forsyth is okay back up he has experience.

CB - Keogh, Davies, Pearce and sort of wisdom. All experienced and can defend well just the passing which may effect us at time cue the Aina link.

Rb - Wisdom, Bogle - Wisdom is a steady performer and you know what you're going to get - Bogle showed pre season that he can play well but in championship he is an unknown player.

GK- Carson, Roos, Mitchell - Need Carson to stay fit, Roos okay - Mitchell needs a loan - would like a half decent back up stopper.

Not sure why some are cacking themselves so much regarding Leeds performance yesterday. Stoke let them have total control of midfield... They are ok going forward but lacking a bit in defence and midfield, especially Phillips. Put some pressure on them which Im sure we will and lets see Bielsas wonders out of possession. Stokes plodding had them on the back foot and the penalty was comedy stuff. 

Strange bloke that Bielsa...didnt even acknowledge his players at the end. 

If Waghorn replaces Nugent we have the below for 7 bench places

GK - Roos Mitchell

DEF - Bogle Pearce Forsyth Tomori (Olsson)

MID - Huddlestone Evans Johnson Thorne Hanson Butterfield 

FWD - Marriott Jozefzoon Nugent Bennett Jerome Vydra Martin Thomas Blackman Anya

I fancy Waghorn for Nugent as the only change with him and Ledley to be subbed half way throthe second half.

we need to be a lot more solid at the back this time or the dirties will rip us a big one. 

Reading could only bite us with their gums the dirties have teeth.  Difficult one this, but we are aware of this so will be better prepared. I expect a much better performance 

and be we all need to be very vocal and get behind the lads

COYRs 

Okay guys frank lampard is doing his bit by signings players but time to get pp really loud than it has ever been lets be so loud and proud of derby county. Lets get pp sold out and make players think wow what a club to have fans like these. 

Some come derby fans lets have a sea of black white flags ballions scarfs whirling around.

To flag man lets have derby flag surfing around pp.

Who is with me.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Okay guys frank lampard is doing his bit by signings players but time to get pp really loud than it has ever been lets be so loud and proud of derby county. Lets get pp sold out and make players think wow what a club to have fans like these. 

Some come derby fans lets have a sea of black white flags ballions scarfs whirling around.

Who is with me.

Is there a match on?

13 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Who is with me.

With you B4, you know how many tickets sold?

5 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Carson

Tomori   Evans   Davies   Lowe

Wilson   Mount   Lawrence

Waghorn   Marriott   Bennett

Who are these people? Who cares! COYR!

That’s very adventurous ? 

Archived