v Reading (A) Match Thread

rynny

Just now, BathRam72 said:

3 years in Cyprus. Love the place. Only Paphos though. Limassol has been renamed limarsehole for good reason. Larnaca is Still ok just

Good to know. Off to Limassol next month to make a change from Napa and Paphos! Missing 2 home games anorl.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Waffle said:

I’ve got to say, I love the fact that Jody Morris looked ready to kill every time the camera was on him

Interviewer ... ‘So Frank just what did you say to the lads at half time?’ .... Frank .... ‘Not much really just said ‘over to you Jody’ and he got the hairdryer out!’

3 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Just had a look -that's not salty . Its a full 50 foot glacier of Siberian rock salt , that last second winner really shat on there evening . They don't seem to mention we have at least 6 first teamers to add to that side not in the squad tonight , strange that.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Just had a look -that's not salty . Its a full 50 foot glacier of Siberian rock salt , that last second winner really shat on there evening . They don't seem to mention we have at least 6 first teamers to add to that side not in the squad tonight , strange that.

Let’s see how they get on tomorrow ey! Saw a lot of their fans piping up on twitter after us going 1-0 down. 

Gutted I couldn’t be there tonight. Fans looked great for the winner

5 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

While this is unlikely to happen, and massively predictable for me to say - it would be interesting to see if martin would help glue some of the forward play together

Yes, but shhh let’s not jinx it

As a first game for a rookie manager, I'd take that all day long.

Nerves, pressure to meet a new management teams standard, and the fact it's our first competitive outing all combined to handicap us at certain stages, yet we saw it through away from home and emerged with all 3 points.

If that's a poor performance, I can't wait for a good one.

20 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Love the way they refer to two poor sides

well duck me !!

they should know exactly what one of those looks like theyve been pouring their dirty little eyes over one for the last 4-5 seasons 

i mean i know they hit the giddy heights of just below mid table (ish) last season but wow .. sos Barcelona

Watched in Majorca, in a bar where I was the only one watching and they didn't turn the music down.

I thought we were poo. I thought Reading were worse - relegation candidates all day long. Most of the chances they had were purely down to silly errors. Keezy, relax son. Max Lowe...easy tiger. We tried to force it far too often, and if they'd had any composure in front if goal we'd have got battered. So much ball, so few chances created.

Bottom line...we won, so no moaning, but we've got so much improvement required from that starting point.

When that winner went in, I let go and annoyed the locals something chronic. Probably not welcome back, but duck 'em. Happy to win, but most decidedly not carried away.

39 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

While this is unlikely to happen, and massively predictable for me to say - it would be interesting to see if martin would help glue some of the forward play together

So?...you are right to say it and predictably,I'm backing you up on it!

We really did need someone to get control of the ball up top and make it stick tho....Nugent's my 2nd favourite striker but he was out on a limb tonight.

I'm more excited from that one Lampard game than the entire Rowett tenure, we were absolutely poo in the first half. However, that goal was pure quality. What a cross from Bennett, what a finish from Lawrence. That game will give us massive amounts of confidence I hope.

Archived