• Last Reply
18 minutes ago, VydraRAM 99 said:

What would be people's preferred tine up vs Leeds? Mine would be:

Carson

Wisdom keogh davies  Lowe 

Huddlestone/evans

Bryson                   Mount

Jozefoon Bennet  Lawrence

With marriot as sub hopefully and maybe vydra as well to come on an get the winner.

For me we may need another LB as Lowe looked average. And I would start Marriott with Bennett as a sub. We payed alot for Marriott he deserves a start 

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

Watched this from a hot tub! Its not easy to do the bounce in a hot tub, more of a gentle bob! Actually I couldn't get the time off work, or I'd have been there.

As many have said, we were poor, first half. We didn't do the "high pressing" which was the key to our pre-season successes, not necessarily because we chose not to, or simply didn't bother, but more because of how Reading played. I think they did a job on us, but more than that I think they surprised us. I was expecting their usual hide in their own half and pass it around ad nausea which is Clement's and their hallmark. Instead they burst out of the traps and pressed us high up the pitch, playing us at our own game, and it worked. It did unsettle us, which is why we saw the uncharacteristic sloppy passing - something which ha stood during pre-season was that the whole team looked like footballers, and our passing, ball-control and speed of thought was much improved over previous seasons, and all that seemed to have disappeared last night.

There were the "calamity-passing" errors from Mr Keogh, but our weakest link for me was Wisdom. His defending was poor, but worse than that his passing wasn't very effective, often doing a "Butterfield", turning back and going safe, but his speed of thought just doesn't seem to be there this season. There has been criticism of Lowe's defending, although I thought he still put some great tackles in, and his control and use of the ball in play is astounding - he has a very significant future ahead, of that I am sure.

The biggest plus for me was the difference the half-time team  talk made, because we came out in the second half much more on the front foot, surely a sign of managerial capability. Well done, Frank! And to overcome the body blow of conceding while playing so well is also a good sign. Yes our equaliser was because of poor goalkeeping, but equally, their goal was because of poor defending as  well. I did notice that when  we did start to show glimpses of what we can do, it brought out two traits in Readings approach - to go down like flies at the slightest opportunity, and to commit quite cynical, often crude fouls. This also highlighted that "its started again" - not the football season, the crap refereeing. Wisdom collided with the winger who then got clear, then flopped down to his hands and knees after clearly thinking about it first. It was Wisdom's first foul and certainly wasn't a yellwo card offence, but he was wearing a Derby shirt, so yellow card it was. Similarly, Lowes card was also harsh, especially given the fouls which went unpunished by the Reading players. The only justifiable card for a Derby player was Johnson's, and it could easily have been a red card. Yes Johnson did get a hefty shove in the neck by the Reading man's hand and arm, but to then roll around like he did to try and get his opponent red carded was wrong. To then go physically head-to-head with him was foolish - I hope Frank has a word with him about that.

I was impressed with the impact Bennett had when he came on - Nugent struggled becauae he can't handle balls played in either to his head, or to his feet, and Reading stooped us playing the passes that Nugent thrives on. Mason's arrival cause problems - he does thrive on the same through balls, but can also beat his man. He carries a threat on the wing, and seems to have developed a Sturridge-like poacher's instinct. I wonder if Frank is aware of Bennett's impact against Chelsea in that cup match when he scared the pants off Ashley Cole? I don't even remember if Frank was with Chelsea then, but it looks like Mason has come of age. Well done. Maybe we should think of giving him a start in the next few matches?

Plenty to think about, and plenty to be excited about, especially the passion of the management team on the touchline.

Come on you Rams!

I agree Wisdom was very poor

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

Watched this from a hot tub! Its not easy to do the bounce in a hot tub, more of a gentle bob! Actually I couldn't get the time off work, or I'd have been there.

As many have said, we were poor, first half. We didn't do the "high pressing" which was the key to our pre-season successes, not necessarily because we chose not to, or simply didn't bother, but more because of how Reading played. I think they did a job on us, but more than that I think they surprised us. I was expecting their usual hide in their own half and pass it around ad nausea which is Clement's and their hallmark. Instead they burst out of the traps and pressed us high up the pitch, playing us at our own game, and it worked. It did unsettle us, which is why we saw the uncharacteristic sloppy passing - something which ha stood during pre-season was that the whole team looked like footballers, and our passing, ball-control and speed of thought was much improved over previous seasons, and all that seemed to have disappeared last night.

There were the "calamity-passing" errors from Mr Keogh, but our weakest link for me was Wisdom. His defending was poor, but worse than that his passing wasn't very effective, often doing a "Butterfield", turning back and going safe, but his speed of thought just doesn't seem to be there this season. There has been criticism of Lowe's defending, although I thought he still put some great tackles in, and his control and use of the ball in play is astounding - he has a very significant future ahead, of that I am sure.

The biggest plus for me was the difference the half-time team  talk made, because we came out in the second half much more on the front foot, surely a sign of managerial capability. Well done, Frank! And to overcome the body blow of conceding while playing so well is also a good sign. Yes our equaliser was because of poor goalkeeping, but equally, their goal was because of poor defending as  well. I did notice that when  we did start to show glimpses of what we can do, it brought out two traits in Readings approach - to go down like flies at the slightest opportunity, and to commit quite cynical, often crude fouls. This also highlighted that "its started again" - not the football season, the crap refereeing. Wisdom collided with the winger who then got clear, then flopped down to his hands and knees after clearly thinking about it first. It was Wisdom's first foul and certainly wasn't a yellwo card offence, but he was wearing a Derby shirt, so yellow card it was. Similarly, Lowes card was also harsh, especially given the fouls which went unpunished by the Reading players. The only justifiable card for a Derby player was Johnson's, and it could easily have been a red card. Yes Johnson did get a hefty shove in the neck by the Reading man's hand and arm, but to then roll around like he did to try and get his opponent red carded was wrong. To then go physically head-to-head with him was foolish - I hope Frank has a word with him about that.

I was impressed with the impact Bennett had when he came on - Nugent struggled becauae he can't handle balls played in either to his head, or to his feet, and Reading stooped us playing the passes that Nugent thrives on. Mason's arrival cause problems - he does thrive on the same through balls, but can also beat his man. He carries a threat on the wing, and seems to have developed a Sturridge-like poacher's instinct. I wonder if Frank is aware of Bennett's impact against Chelsea in that cup match when he scared the pants off Ashley Cole? I don't even remember if Frank was with Chelsea then, but it looks like Mason has come of age. Well done. Maybe we should think of giving him a start in the next few matches?

Plenty to think about, and plenty to be excited about, especially the passion of the management team on the touchline.

Come on you Rams!

Mate, please don't tell me you've got a gentle bob on whilst lying in the hot tub, that image is now haunting me. 

Oh well, I guess it's better than if you said you had Gentle Bob on. 

3 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

For me we may need another LB as Lowe looked average. And I would start Marriott with Bennett as a sub. We payed alot for Marriott he deserves a start 

Just because we payed a lot of money, it doesn’t mean Marriott deserves’ a start. If anything Mason Bennett is the one who should be starting. Furthermore what message are you sending to Nugent?

Max Lowe didn’t have his best game, but still looked the best of the back four - he will be quality. 

Sith Happens

Apologies if already posted, but if this young lad gets hold of this picture its going to something to keep forever i think.

DjtfslTX4AAJCEI.jpg:large

29 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

15.20 & Rams top, Forest 3rd from bottom.  If it ends like that in May I’ll be well happy ?

15.50. Down to 3rd (goal difference). So, so pleasing that Andy Weimann scored Brizzle's goal, after that pile of smirking sour-graped balleaux on their forum. They are so up their own arses it's unbelievable. They'll get more enjoyment about FL failing, than anything their own team achieve.

Some comment to the effect that we were all holding our breath about whether FL would wear a suit or not. FFS, that's just media chat in the silly season. And the badge on his lapel. How f**ing childish can you get?

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

15.50. Down to 3rd (goal difference). So, so pleasing that Andy Weimann scored Brizzle's goal, after that pile of smirking sour-graped balleaux on their forum. They are so up their own arses it's unbelievable. They'll get more enjoyment about FL failing, than anything their own team achieve.

Some comment to the effect that we were all holding our breath about whether FL would wear a suit or not. FFS, that's just media chat in the silly season. And the badge on his lapel. How f**ing childish can you get?

Its always the same, comments about franks face being the sort you just want to slap, and we only won because of a blunder by the keeper.  How about they only stayed up two seasons back because of a blunder by the ref disallowing a perfectly good goal by bradley johnson and failing to give us a free kick for a clear dive?

Sometimes it takes a bit of good fortune.

I've seen quite a few mentions that Reading fans booed their players off the pitch. I wasn't there so can't confirm it, but I'm sure it was just the Derby fans doing the 'Nuuuuge' noise as he ran over to hug Lawrence at the final whistle? Have we ended up getting people thinking Reading fans are so fickle they'd actually boo their team off on the first day of the season? ?

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I've seen quite a few mentions that Reading fans booed their players off the pitch. I wasn't there so can't confirm it, but I'm sure it was just the Derby fans doing the 'Nuuuuge' noise as he ran over to hug Lawrence at the final whistle? Have we ended up getting people thinking Reading fans are so fickle they'd actually boo their team off on the first day of the season? ?

Of course...read the burton thread in football chat.

Just now, Paul71 said:

Of course...read the burton thread in football chat.

20 minutes? ?

To be fair, they're in a right mess at the minute so I'm not surprised their fans are angry. Reading on the other hand should have some positives to take from our game last night

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

20 minutes? ?

To be fair, they're in a right mess at the minute so I'm not surprised their fans are angry. Reading on the other hand should have some positives to take from our game last night

I think we know despite what a lot of people say some people only judge on the actual result.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

He didn't roll around, and he didn't go head to head - that was initiated by the Reading man. I thought the Reading man was lucky to stay on but wasn't surprised when the ref did the typical 'even-handed' booking.

That how I saw it. The reading man's head was forward into Johnson's head. Added to that, the foul warranted a yellow card on its own. Another of their players was lucky not to get a second yellow also. 

With regards to a second yellow, did you notice Lawrence start to take his shirt off after his goal and then seem to realise that he'd already had a yellow and kept it on? 

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, ram59 said:

That how I saw it. The reading man's head was forward into Johnson's head. Added to that, the foul warranted a yellow card on its own. Another of their players was lucky not to get a second yellow also. 

With regards to a second yellow, did you notice Lawrence start to take his shirt off after his goal and then seem to realise that he'd already had a yellow and kept it on? 

Booking a player for taking his shirt of to celebrate a goal is the most ludicrous rule in football anyway.

Archived