v Reading (A) Match Thread

rynny

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't play well but kept trying to score until the end. Great winning goal and an excellent 3 away points. Our passing in the final third was dire (until the 94th minute) but we were competitive throughout. A pleasing start to the season. ?

As most have said, that first half was very poor from Derby although most of Readings chances came from our mistakes. Good turn around in 2nd half. Cracking winning goal to get all 3 points. Well done Frank and the team.

24 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

nor me... we were poo.
Showed our lack of class by calling not a forest man, but one of our own, and the last guy to manage us, and take us to 2nd in the league less than 12 months ago, a banker... a new level of low from rams fans that never cease to amaze me.

I take it you didn’t join in the chant, or you making your point from your sofa in Stoke?  

Mason Mount is going to be some player, still can’t believe we’ve managed to get him for the season.

With Marriott to come in, just think we are one striker short from being a force. Praying to god it’s Abraham in that number 9shirt.

What a ducking day.

Had too much to drink last night, woke up hanging horribly this morning. Soldiered on and sunk pints of Strongbow’s finest at Lord Burton’s, the Alexander and the Merlin in that order. The coach then proceeded to break down 10 minutes from the ground, but thankfully another coach doubled back and picked us up to see the mighty Rams go top of the league.

That first half performance was one of the shittest I’ve ever seen from a Derby team - you would have thought we were the team managed by Clement. The half-time concourse service was also a joke, and I was left as angry as B4 after Nick Blackman misses a chance when I returned for the second half having had neither a pie nor a pint. I ended up going down to get a chicken and balti pie ten minutes into the second half, and I happened to miss the goal we conceded. This is the end of the woes, so brace yourself for a drunken match report of joyous proportions.

We stepped up in the second half to meet the challenge we had posed for ourselves in the first. It wasn’t as pretty as we had perhaps hoped but we certainly reduced the amount of time we spent pissing about with the ball at the back. A scrappy goal was exactly what we needed to get us back into the game, and it was good to give it to the posh Tory ***** (apologies to any blues on here) on the other side of the barricade.

Yet, as time ticked on, I began to lose hope. As we entered injury time, I began to regret the time and money I had spent throughout the day just to watch this shitshow of a game. 

But then it happened. I don’t have a ducking clue who whipped that beauty of a ball in, but that ball seemed to go into the net in slow motion. I was absolutely delighted for Tom, who I really hope can kick on and be key for us this year. My brother lifted me onto his shoulders and I was screaming into the open sky for a good while, and when I came down it was so good to see the passion on the faces of the players who were so close to us. Bryson in particular looked like he would bleed black and white, and I will not forget that moment for a long time.

I’ve never seen an atmosphere like that at the end tonight. The away end was absolutely electric and I could really sense something special. The Nugent bounce, the Lampard chants and even the misidentification of Mason Mount as Craig ‘likes his haggis’ Bryson were all unbelievable.

Special mention to Mount, who you could tell was a class above everyone else, even if he wasn’t at his potent best tonight. Kudos to Scott Carson also, who made some key saves early on.

Moments like that are why we do this. 93 minutes of poo and one moment of pure elation made me ready to take on dirty Leeds next Saturday; but only after getting pissed on usher duty at my sister’s wedding the day before of course.

Up the ducking Rams???  

Well how football can change your whole mood in a matter of seconds. I would have settled for the point there . But oh no Mason B and Tommy L had other plans. 

Back to a serious note , we were way off in the first half and looked nervy you could see that from Keogh early on.

Second half though I was impressed for an away performance , what else do folks expect . They were resilient , they were always going to be ! 

Mount made a good account for himself , aswell as Lowe . No real bad performers , good start 3 points COYR ??

Not our greatest game but still a cracking game with electric support from the fans. Leaves a huge impression to the rest of the Championship.

A goal and a fantastic assist from our new lads too. Lampard and Morris will learn from the mistakes for the next game against the boys from Yorkshire.

Proud to wear my Derby shirt tonight, proud we were the team to start the football league with our win.

COYR!

Archived