v Reading (A) Match Thread

rynny

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely buzzing for the win, thought we were poor in the first half but wasn't overly concerned. I think the main difference in the second half was just mixing the play up and going direct now and again as well as some nice passing.

We will get better as the season goes on I'm sure.

LOVED Franks passion ...it's great to see how hungry he is.

And if Ronaldo crossed that ball in even he would have been happy!

COYR

?

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Think I’ve only got two points to really add before the morrow.

1) Johnson, for all his criticism,’provided that extra spark tonight. Not saying he should start, but too many wrote him off. Bloody love the lad me.

Yep.

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Think I’ve only got two points to really add before the morrow.

1) Johnson, for all his criticism,’provided that extra spark tonight. Not saying he should start, but too many wrote him off. Bloody love the lad me.

2) Witnessed 10 Derby fans scattered around a pub in Padstow absolutely lose it with that Lawrence goal. One thing I love about this club, is that you can walk into a pub in the most random areas of this country, and you will find a Derby fan.  Not sure how many clubs our size can hold that boast. 

Oh, one last point (well there are a few others, but might leave it to morning). If we continue to play on the front foot, we will be ok this season. 

Agree regarding Johnson. Ledley was woeful and at least Johnson got amongst them.

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I asked Goodbrand on twitter if he's ever scored a header before - I hope he looks into it. 

8 minutes ago, northantsram said:

Absolutely buzzing for the win, thought we were poor in the first half but wasn't overly concerned. I think the main difference in the second half was just mixing the play up and going direct now and again as well as some nice passing.

We will get better as the season goes on I'm sure.

LOVED Franks passion ...it's great to see how hungry he is.

And if Ronaldo crossed that ball in even he would have been happy!

COYR

?

ftreading.jpg

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'm fine ta. He gave the ball away a lot, wasn't positionally good enough to effectively screen the defence and wasn't mobile enough to out pressure on the Reading midfield. 

Needed Gorgeous. ?

5 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Did you actually say that Ledley was woeful ?

Are you ok ? 

Ledley wasn't woeful at all but he wasn't brilliant.

And Huddlestone won't be either.

But what we really need to get the midfield mix working properly in a 433 is Thorne up and running and back to his best.

(And Hendrick while we are at it)

(Plus a 2014 Martin too please....nuge just doesn't suit this system at all)

3 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Did you actually say that Ledley was woeful ?

Are you ok ? 

Ledley wasn’t woeful, just tired as Bryson started kicking on which made it more evident.

It was the right tactical sub done at the right time. Great bit of tactical nous for a rookie!

14 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I was there last year for first game. Irish bar on tomb of the kings road.

3 years in Cyprus. Love the place. Only Paphos though. Limassol has been renamed limarsehole for good reason. Larnaca is Still ok just

Archived