Marcus Maddison - Joined Charlton

Cam the Ram

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asked my P’boro mate about him. Maddison is an odd character. Often seen in Peterborough drinking on his own in pubs and clubs. Lacks discipline off the field. Does his own tattoos. No mates in the Posh set up. A general oddball. 

Reckons he’s class and easily championship quality who was brilliant with Marriott, setting up majority of his goals. Has potential mental health issues and is a nightmare off the pitch to deal with. 

Mixed bag it’s fair to say! 

2 minutes ago, enachops said:

Asked my P’boro mate about him. Maddison is an odd character. Often seen in Peterborough drinking on his own in pubs and clubs. Lacks discipline off the field. Does his own tattoos. No mates in the Posh set up. A general oddball. 

Reckons he’s class and easily championship quality who was brilliant with Marriott, setting up majority of his goals. Has potential mental health issues and is a nightmare off the pitch to deal with. 

Should fit in,just needs to wrap his car round a lamp post and lose his licence to be one of the boys?

6 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

A 7 iron 153 yards? With all the new technology about Jack needs some new golf clubs.

Reminds me of the one and only time I went for a golf lesson.

"Pull your nine iron out and hit it normally", the pro said.

Whacked a few balls 150 yds dead on, and he called me out saying he only hit his 120 max. 

I just thought he was pussy, and ignored his advice. Probably why he makes £25 per half hour of golf, and I spend that on four hours worth, plus balls.

29 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Reminds me of the one and only time I went for a golf lesson.

"Pull your nine iron out and hit it normally", the pro said.

Whacked a few balls 150 yds dead on, and he called me out saying he only hit his 120 max. 

I just thought he was pussy, and ignored his advice. Probably why he makes £25 per half hour of golf, and I spend that on four hours worth, plus balls.

?? the pro hits a 9 iron 120yards max ??

He must be a pro chess player and not a pro golfer. ♟ ?️♂️ ??

11 hours ago, enachops said:

And if that’s true we steer clear....it’s ok to say Cocu and Rooney and co can help him out ..mentor him etc ...but there must be loads of players similar or better who don’t need help and Cocu and DCFC aren’t therapists ....help a player who has problems within our club yes ...but don’t bring problems in ....move on look elsewhere ...would rather we signed Jowiak or whatever his name is or Ibe or Murphy....Cocu has had enough to deal with without signing players that might be trouble .....

On 26/08/2020 at 14:44, Nuwtfly said:

The attitude thing is an interesting point.

This seems to have come from...where? What players/managers have called him out for his attitude?

Or is it actually that football fans have looked at the way he plays, he way he looks on the pitch, background, his appearance, and made an assumption that he's one of those people?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know the guy personally, so I'm not in a position to be able to judge him on his attitude of work ethic. Others shouldn't either, in my opinion!

The lived experience of several newsagents in the Peterborough area?

On 26/08/2020 at 14:35, Wolfie20 said:

He's no kid - at 26 you would have thought he'd have matured by now. Cocu has enough on his plate without having to babysit grown men - after all, it hasn't improved the behaviour of Mason Bennett.

If the guy was 18-20 fair enough but he isn't. Given the effect of Covid-19 on the transfer market and assuming we have a bit of cash to spend then there's almost certainly better options out there which Cocu will be well aware of.

I don't think we do have cash to spend though.  That's the issue.  Agree we should stay clear

Look I’m not thrilled at the prospect of signing someone with an attitude but if we can agree lower wages for him than he was demanding in January then fair enough. Perhaps massively incentivise his contract. Daniel levy style. 
low basic income but decent goal and assist bonuses. Means if it doesn’t work out we could get rid on a free transfer (as long as wages aren’t mental). 

Archived