Marcus Maddison - Joined Charlton

Cam the Ram

Football Insider were the group that linked David Marshall to Bournemouth after he'd signed for us (the evening of the Peterborough game, we know from Interview's he'd signed before that game).

Not exactly reputable.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or maybe (if an attitude was ever in question) he has turned 26, had a daughter and grown up a bit. Chances have clearly passed him before and for me that would indicate he would be more motivated. 

How about we let those that actually know make decisions, and possibly support a potential (quality) signing without writing him off through old rumours?

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

Used to be reliable and worked for Sky. Not sure if he still is, but I'm sure he was at HITC afterwards. 

Possibly a case of needs must while under the soft embargo; we may have been looking at him purely because he's free and PO'R is reporting it after we've already moved onto other targets, the ones we really want.

Free transfer, I’d be happy to bring him on board, he has an understanding with JM and wages probably aren’t going to be astronomical either I would imagine. 
Don’t understand all this “bad attitude” stuff that I’ve seen on here. Does anyone really know if there is any truth to these rumours ??‍♂️??‍♂️
If PC likes the player let’s make it happen, may be that edge that we’ve been missing

A player with evident, if not still quite raw, talent. Someone who can give you something a bit different, and has a previous successful partnership with the player we're going to be relying on for goals in Marriott.

And he's free?

Sorry, but I'd actually be quite happy with this.

I wouldn’t mind him. Although his attitude is shocking and his wage demands were crazy. He wanted 20k a week in January and I can’t see it really dropping much. Darragh macanthony did a whole YouTube video on how shocking his behaviour was in the end. Think it’s his deadline day video. Worth a watch and I think he’s a good chairman so I’d believe him. Don’t doubt he has quality but he used to miss training if it was raining at Peterborough. Not sure he’s the type of player we want. His ability is certainly of championship standered but his attitude drags him down a lot.  

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

A player with evident, if not still quite raw, talent. Someone who can give you something a bit different, and has a previous successful partnership with the player we're going to be relying on for goals in Marriott.

And he's free?

Sorry, but I'd actually be quite happy with this.

As much as there is quite a lot about his attitude, as other have said, if he has grown up, realised there arent an abundance of clubs after him, he may have calmed down a bit.

Let's not forget, Rooney is our captain, step out of line and he would be straight on his  back.

If signing him on a free enables us to go and get a good striker for a fee then I'm all for it.

Archived