Marcus Maddison - Joined Charlton

Cam the Ram

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

His wages when on loan at Hull were mediocre compared to others in the Championship and pocket money for those in the PL. Peterborough's wages are not huge. If Derby had wanted him we would not have had to offer more then £5,000 I a certain. A lot of people think everyone is on a lot more than they actually are. Someone recently argued with me that the average wage in League Two was £4,000, yet only a handful earn that. Jack Marriott quadrupled his Boro's wages when signing for us.

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 19.49.40.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 19.48.48.jpg

How confident are you that the website you often refer to is accurate?

I just don't see how sensitive information like that can be accurately reported.

11 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I just don't see how sensitive information like that can be accurately reported.

League one clubs are not permitted to offer more than £2.5k a week to players under the new wage cap rules. That includes goal bonuses, assist bonuses, signing on fees. He's on record saying he didn't want to move to London.  Derby could have had him for £2.5k a week

Source: https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-lee-bowyer-weve-got-money-now-but-spending-it-isnt-easy/

28 minutes ago, Gritty said:

League one clubs are not permitted to offer more than £2.5k a week to players under the new wage cap rules. That includes goal bonuses, assist bonuses, signing on fees. He's on record saying he didn't want to move to London.  Derby could have had him for £2.5k a week

Source: https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-lee-bowyer-weve-got-money-now-but-spending-it-isnt-easy/

Yes but so could 23 other championship clubs, all of whom chose not to. 

This guy must come with some serious baggage, given his stats. 

Charlton have taken a punt. 

It might pay off in that league. I suspect that's Maddison's level. 

13 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Information suggests they are all gleaned from tax accounts and contracts filed by individual players, often through their agent's accountants. The sum total is within a few million, but there are win bonuses that don't get included but show on individual club's accounts. Image rights are missing, should they be included in a contract. Club's accounts show a lump sum of wages, not individual. I would say they are very likely to be exact. It has taken some of these websites months to accumulate them.

Archived