Marcus Maddison - Joined Charlton

Cam the Ram

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His stats in league 1 suggests he needs to test himself at a higher level. It didn’t work out for him at Hull but that’s not to say it wouldn’t work out here, especially given Marriott is here and they had some success together at Posh. But it easily could be another McIndoe. 

We need to be looking for bargains or loans so it could fit that profile of signing, however he’s another 10, So unless one of Lawrence Sibley or Holmes is being sold I can’t see it happening. 

2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

A 'yes' from you is not more valid. It's ok to not have an opinion on something you know nothing about. 

What seems strange is the willingness of people to follow others' opinions on things they know nothing about.

Sorry marcus?

2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

A 'yes' from you is not more valid. It's ok to not have an opinion on something you know nothing about. 

What seems strange is the willingness of people to follow others' opinions on things they know nothing about.

It’s also ok to give a gut feeling opinion on the little evidence you’ve seen heard as long as you sell it as that and don’t  pretend you know more than you do ? Out of interest what is your tolerance for people being allowed to join in this thread? 
watched him play in the flesh ? seen clips of best bits ? How many games need you have seen him play? do you need to know him ,know people who know him , know people who have given an opinion on him? 

this is a discussion topic , nobody here is making a decision on buying him or even has any influence on anybody making that decision ,

anyway let us know on the above as chances are nobody fits the criteria to have any opinion or debate and we can close the thread

22 minutes ago, Archied said:

It’s also ok to give a gut feeling opinion on the little evidence you’ve seen heard as long as you sell it as that and don’t  pretend you know more than you do ? Out of interest what is your tolerance for people being allowed to join in this thread? 
watched him play in the flesh ? seen clips of best bits ? How many games need you have seen him play? do you need to know him ,know people who know him , know people who have given an opinion on him? 

this is a discussion topic , nobody here is making a decision on buying him or even has any influence on anybody making that decision ,

anyway let us know on the above as chances are nobody fits the criteria to have any opinion or debate and we can close the thread

My tolerance is low for almost everything. Of course you are free to form opinions on things you admit you know nothing about just as I am to call that dumbass. You are then free to huff and puff about it and sarcastically say stuff like ‘Oh I’m sorry I didn’t know you were setting the rules’ and so on. 

so carry on expression opinions On topics you know nothing about and I’ll carry on saying how idiotic that is. I’m challenging your opinion as being uninformed. You put it on the forum.  It’s free speech. 

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

My tolerance is low for almost everything. Of course you are free to form opinions on things you admit you know nothing about just as I am to call that dumbass. You are then free to huff and puff about it and sarcastically say stuff like ‘Oh I’m sorry I didn’t know you were setting the rules’ and so on. 

so carry on expression opinions On topics you know nothing about and I’ll carry on saying how idiotic that is. I’m challenging your opinion as being uninformed. You put it on the forum.  It’s free speech. 

If posters stopped expressing opinions on stuff they know little or nothing about this forum very quickly would die a death - ignorance and bias is it's lifeblood.

15 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

But I stated originally it was relatively uninformed,,, I also gave an opinion on whether my gut feeling was to appoint lampard as manager yet he had never managed before ,as did probably everyone on the forum over a massive amount of pages , all dumbass?

the bloke has not played at this level apart from loan , mixed reviews on how good he is in div 1 , mixed reviews on his attitude on the pitch ,loan spell at this level hardly sparkling and rumours of poor attitude ,would I take a punt if it were my money ?, nope,,,if I was cocu ,able to research him , felt he was good enough and felt I could do something with him then perhaps I would

no huff and puff or sarcasm just an honest question , what is the criteria for anyone posting on this topic ? Interested to know,

39 minutes ago, Archied said:

But I stated originally it was relatively uninformed,,, I also gave an opinion on whether my gut feeling was to appoint lampard as manager yet he had never managed before ,as did probably everyone on the forum over a massive amount of pages , all dumbass?

the bloke has not played at this level apart from loan , mixed reviews on how good he is in div 1 , mixed reviews on his attitude on the pitch ,loan spell at this level hardly sparkling and rumours of poor attitude ,would I take a punt if it were my money ?, nope,,,if I was cocu ,able to research him , felt he was good enough and felt I could do something with him then perhaps I would

no huff and puff or sarcasm just an honest question , what is the criteria for anyone posting on this topic ? Interested to know,

Of course there are no criteria except that an opinion aired in the public domain is there to be challenged. 

Just now, Archied said:

Cheers ?, challenge away ,I take it you would take a punt on him

I have no idea. I’ve never seen him play and take reports on his behaviour with a pinch of salt. As I suggested earlier, Charlie George was a ‘troublemaker’, not to mention that when we signed him, he had spent 6 months on the transfer list, not getting into a team that finished 15 places below us. 

some people just fit into certain places. Maddison might be one of those for us, he might not. I don’t know. 

5 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

That's missing the point entirely. The comparison was obviously not relating to the quality of the players but on the tittle-tattle of fans.

I doubt there was much opposition from fans to signing Charlie George......he was bought to spearhead us winning the European cup - had the pedigree...

marcus who? 

I’d be all for this but with two caveats:

- we sign the polish fella as well
- he isn’t on the ridiculous wages that he has demanded in the past (see the P’boro chairman’s YouTube videos, he’s very open about this) 

Jozwiak, Lawrence, Maddison, Whittaker competing for the two wide spots could be solid, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, irobinson said:

I doubt there was much opposition from fans to signing Charlie George......he was bought to spearhead us winning the European cup - had the pedigree...

marcus who? 

Then I’m afraid @irobinson you are either too young to remember or you’ve forgotten. Charlie wasn’t well regarded at the time. Not long before signing he had gesticulated at the Popside when scoring, after taking no end of abuse; his star at Arsenal was on the wane; he had fallen out with England; and his form was at best patchy. Like many flair players at the time he routinely got kicked from pillar to post during a match. There were many who questioned Dave MacKay's wisdom in signing a 'known' troublemaker.

That he turned out to be the greatest of many great players is a tribute to him, Dave’s management of him and his team mates. The crowd that didn’t want him ended up adoring him. 

Archived