Derby County F.C. v Fulham FC

Boycie

My previous home match was the Sunderland debacle and the contrast between that and last night could not have been greater. 

Massive credit to the whole team & I’ll definitely take the 1-0 win. Anyone saying we should have had more is just greedy based on the 2 teams out there. 

Fantastic atmosphere but special mention to the stupid troll woman sat directly behind me, who:

1. Was waving her flag by draping & dragging it over my head

2. Was berating Tom Laurence from the 3rd minute and shouted almost continuously “you’ve got a lot to learn”

3. Gave several minutes of praise to Davies for a great ball, when it was Huddlestone. She always liked him apparently

4. Lost her mobile & disrupted everyone around her for 10 minutes while she loudly tried to find it

5. Scared everyone around me by saying she’d like a season ticket in that seat....

Noooooooooo!

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

My previous home match was the Sunderland debacle and the contrast between that and last night could not have been greater. 

Massive credit to the whole team & I’ll definitely take the 1-0 win. Anyone saying we should have had more is just greedy based on the 2 teams out there. 

Fantastic atmosphere but special mention to the stupid troll woman sat directly behind me, who:

1. Was waving her flag by draping & dragging it over my head

2. Was berating Tom Laurence from the 3rd minute and shouted almost continuously “you’ve got a lot to learn”

3. Gave several minutes of praise to Davies for a great ball, when it was Huddlestone. She always liked him apparently

4. Lost her mobile & disrupted everyone around her for 10 minutes while she loudly tried to find it

5. Scared everyone around me by saying she’d like a season ticket in that seat....

Noooooooooo!

I was just a bit excited that’s all. Didn’t you like my flange? Looking forward to us hooking up next season luvvy. 

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

Think that’s the best I’ve seen Forsyth play. I am a big critic of his, but I bow to you regulars who promise me he used to be playing like that regularly. And Rowett clearly has faith. I’ve seen shocking displays from him but I only wish any player in a Derby shirt the best success so I am genuinely pleased for him, long may it continue. 

The idiot I front of me had to wait 60 minutes for Forsyth to slightly overhit a pass to Weimann to scream abuse at him, so he must have done well. 

Wow, well that was an experience. That game last night drained me emotionally and physically. At times, it was harder to watch than the 0-3 against Hull. But what a result! I got back about 3am after a drink or several and (tried) to rewatch the game and all of a sudden I could watch it and see just how well we did, even though I passed out just after half time and now have a slightly fragile head this morning.

What a gargantuan effort by every single one of the players though, I can’t fault a single one, or GR. They’ve filled me with the belief and confidence that only a few weeks ago had almost evaporated into nothing. Every player was a hero last night. Jerome & Johnson are different players. Forsyth, I could watch you cross like that on loop for eternity. Curtis Davies, there are no words.

Extremely proud of the lads, I have full faith we can actually go all the way. We’re a team again. The 350 mile drive on Thursday and the 350 mile drive back tomorrow has been absolutely worth it.

Now I’m off to Lincoln to watch their play-off game to tick another ground off the list, a decision which I may be slightly regretting after how last night panned out...

Rare you see such a stark battle of tactics.

Derby let them have the ball and kept to their positions ( unless it was near to the Fulham goal where a slip would have presented a good chance ) we let them pass pass pass. No dogging of the ball ala Liverpool...just being compact which takes nerves.

Fulham never got down the flanks, worrying lack of width if I were a Fulham fan. All relied on Mitrovic holding and turning or finding a 1-2. Always going to have shots from outside the box playing in the way...in Carson we have the right man for that job.

The way they pushed on later was again worrying for them. There was no change in style, they just used more and more men...leaving some gaping holes we didn't exploit that well.

Needs another tactical masterclass from Rowett. We saw the best of Fulham they just couldn't unlock our defence this time...will be more of the same on Mon. We need to be more clinical when we break and use corners, freekicks and width more effectively...if we score again I can see them cracking wide open, Birmingham showed us how its done.

Sith Happens

Noticed Sky didnt seem to have any cameras last night, were they just using the Rams TV feed?

God I’m even more nervous for Monday now!! Think who scores first goes on to Wembley, hopefully it’ll be us if they give us some space going forward! Bloody cracking header from Jerome! 

Carson 7 

fozzy 8 

wisdom 8 

davies 9

keogh 9

huddlestone 7

johnson 9

weimann 7 

vydra 6

jerome 8 

lawrence 7

It wasn’t that pretty to watch tbh but we kept our shape really well and the defence were great especially Davies.

Huddlestone has gotten stronger as the season has gone on and some of his passes were brilliant last night, either to set up a break or ease the pressure.

Weimann is absolute bobbins and Lawrence frustrates me with his inconsistency, Jerome looks like a different player. I would play ANYA to match the pace of Fredericks again.

I think we need to score on Monday to win the tie, only having a quarter of the possession will eventually wear us down.

C’mon Derby.

21 minutes ago, Topram said:

God I’m even more nervous for Monday now!! Think who scores first goes on to Wembley, hopefully it’ll be us if they give us some space going forward! Bloody cracking header from Jerome! 

Carson 7 

fozzy 8 

wisdom 8 

davies 9

keogh 9

huddlestone 7

johnson 9

weimann 7 

vydra 6

jerome 8 

lawrence 7

Forgot to mention Bradley in my summary....he was immense....strong, combative and frustrated Fulham from start to finish.

2 hours ago, SKRam said:

Maybe take them abroad for some warm weather traini........ oh hold on we’ve tried that. No, pamper by all means, maybe a decent pad down south, so they can acclimatise to the London climate

The worst thing they could possibly do...........................we are always pants after a break in the sun. It was all downhill after Dubai

14 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

It wasn’t that pretty to watch tbh but we kept our shape really well and the defence were great especially Davies.

Huddlestone has gotten stronger as the season has gone on and some of his passes were brilliant last night, either to set up a break or ease the pressure.

Weimann is absolute bobbins and Lawrence frustrates me with his inconsistency, Jerome looks like a different player. I would play ANYA to match the pace of Fredericks again.

I think we need to score on Monday to win the tie, only having a quarter of the possession will eventually wear us down.

C’mon Derby.

Being one of life’s worriers, (I worry about having nothing to worry about)  this is my main concern. Although it didn’t last night, I worry about the law of averages kicking in and Fulham getting goals from the possession they will undoubtedly get on Monday night. I think we employ a high risk tactic when, on occasion, we don’t need to, I’d like us to have been a smidge more adventurous in the second half.

But to balance what some might see as a negative, I can’t believe more hasn’t been made of the move I think led to Jerome’s second incorrect offside decision. It was around the 17th minute, we played three or four rapid short passes ending with a wonderful pass to set us away to attack, it was one of the highlights of the season for me, high quality football that Man City would have received never ending praise for.

Obviously hoping for another clean sheet at Craven Cottage, I think I will go for 1-1 on mozza’s prediction thread but hey, if Huddersfield can get a nil nil at the Etihad, why can’t we at the Cottage ?

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Carson 7 

fozzy 8 

wisdom 8 

davies 9

keogh 9

huddlestone 7

johnson 9

weimann 7 

vydra 6

jerome 8 

lawrence 7

Huddlestone 7??? Thought he was nearly mom behind Davies...cool and some great passes 

Archived