Derby County F.C. v Fulham FC

Boycie

50 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Wow. Amazed that some so-called Derby fans found so little to please them in tonight's performance. Yes, we were under the cosh for at least 35 minutes of the second half but we bossed the first half with Fulham creating absolutely nothing for all their possession. All the incisive breaks were ours and the only real chances created were our own. 

In the second half we rode our luck, no doubt, and on another night they might have equalised, but if you can't take any joy from the win tonight, you're probably then I'd question whether you're really a Rams fan at all.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion, for sure, but do you really need to be pissing on people's cake when you could just as easily take a night off? Or are you just pissed off that a team and a manager you've spent a whole year demeaning is one step away from making you look like mugs? 

Yep I’m reading some of the posts on here and I truly think some would have more pleasure us losing.

We won 1-0 against a very good team that’s scored every game since December and still negativity, some people aren’t fans, there just miserable bar stewards.

For sure expecting to sit deep at Craven Cottage will be a real tall order, we need to offer a threat and probably score but we have our nose in front and we have a bigger chance than we had at 7.45.

Bit of positivity needed. C.O.Y.R

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Viva la Shithouse.

Rowett nailed it tonight. Even down to the right time to change the system.

How many chances did Fulham get? Maybe one half chance and an attempt from distance?

Proper Mourinho-ball that was. Loved it. Never going to outplay them, so why try?

Weimann and Lawrence so close to being fantastic tonight but did misplace a few key passes when we broke on them which is unfortunate.

The defence were all 8's, Davies a 10, Johnson and Huddlestone great and Jerome scored a bullet header with his only chance. Pragmatic and effective football - the Rowett way.

"Ooh but we defended when we're the home team"... so what? Rather be where we are now than having lost 4-1 trying to play like McClaren 2014.

Going to be tough to match that workrate again in 3 days time but we've given ourselves a sniff.

Great evening.

Up the Rams!

All this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

58 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Wow. Amazed that some so-called Derby fans found so little to please them in tonight's performance. Yes, we were under the cosh for at least 35 minutes of the second half but we bossed the first half with Fulham creating absolutely nothing for all their possession. All the incisive breaks were ours and the only real chances created were our own. 

In the second half we rode our luck, no doubt, and on another night they might have equalised, but if you can't take any joy from the win tonight, you're probably then I'd question whether you're really a Rams fan at all.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion, for sure, but do you really need to be pissing on people's cake when you could just as easily take a night off? Or are you just pissed off that a team and a manager you've spent a whole year demeaning is one step away from making you look like mugs? 

Winning = good, Losing = bad. No need to worry about performance. End of debate. Close forum.

I enjoyed that tonight!

For all their possesion, I never thought they were going to turn us over.

A special mention to the fans that made the effort to turn up to tonight and create a cracking atmosphere, well done, just a shame so many decided that watching it in the packed Derby pubs was the better option.

Real test for GR now .... can he brew up some surprises to knock them sideways at C Cottage?

The Fulham manager in his post match interview sounds like he will get his team to do the Fulham template faster and harder on Monday to overwhelm us.

GR needs to pull a tactical rabbit out of the bag to spoof them. If we get to the Prem he will have to do it all the time against the big boys so this is good practice.

13 minutes ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

Not sure whether anyone has already done the “has Wisdom let Sessegnon out of his pocket yet?” line, so thought I’d mention it just in case.

Mate, I think there is harsh penalties for doing over kids like Wisdom did tonight.

7 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

I want the names and addresses of all the fans who chose not to go tonight and watched it on the tv instead - they're not allowed to come to Wembley. 

I'd love Mel to come out and say that the people that came tonight and those that go on Monday will have first dabs on tickets if we make it. Obviously those at work can turn up at the ticket office with a letter from their boss saying why they couldn't attend.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Winning = good, Losing = bad. No need to worry about performance. End of debate. Close forum.

Seems a bit drastic to close the forum cause we won, not sure @David will be that keen ?

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, ossieram said:

I'd love Mel to come out and say that the people that came tonight and those that go on Monday will have first dabs on tickets if we make it. Obviously those at work can turn up at the ticket office with a letter from their boss saying why they couldn't attend.

Will b4 be able to provide a letter from his girlfriend? 

7 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Our first half performance was excellent, our second half performance a bit of a siege. Happy now?

In any case, whine all you like pal - I can't stop you and it gives the rest of us something to laugh at. And for the record, when you whine all season like a baby, you kind of invite the brickbats. Sorry, but that's the truth of the matter. 

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Seems a bit drastic to close the forum cause we won, not sure @David will be that keen ?

I suppose he wont. But that is the essential drift of it. 

People were saying how much they hated GR's style of football when we had a bad spell but now - as if by magic - it doesn't matter. It's almost as if 99% of football fans are really fickle. Surely not?

Yes, if Fulham had a bit of luck, they may have scored, but on a number of occasions we could have scored also, including the wrong offside decision early on against Jerome when he was through on the keeper. 

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

People were saying how much they hated GR's style of football when we had a bad spell but now - as if by magic - it doesn't matter. It's almost as if 99% of football fans are really fickle. Surely not?

Football fans are fickle, some of them. 

Or maybe people are unhappy when we lose and happy when we win?

Noones saying we were perfect tonight, but we beat a very good side, so I think there’s a lot to be pleased about. Just got to beat them again!

Poor attendance tonight, but wow what a atmosphere in the stadium, well done to all there the positivity all night was excellent lost my voice now lol, and for the game itself , it was a excellent result against a top side, thought first half we were very good, and Jerome scored an excellent goal, second half we had to show guts and determination, and we showed it in bucket loads, a big shout out to Davis who was outstanding tonight, my player of the season to be honest with you, also thought Wisdom, Keogh, Huddlestone, Johnson and Wiemann also worked there socks off, and I thought Gary got his tactics spot on for the 4th game on the run, a great effort from everyone tonight who was at pp, these are the nights I live for as a football fan, now let's get the job done on Friday night. Once a RAM always a RAM.

What's that got to do with the result? Here's a clue.. **** all.

And I don't see anyone on here saying that they were wowed by the football but there's a few bitter fools who think only they can see our deficiencies and who are loathed to let anyone enjoy the moment without sticking in their hackneyed tuppence worth.

Tell you what - we're crap, you're right. We deserved to get hammered. Let's close the forum now eh pal, you massive hypocrite.

Archived