Derby County F.C. v Fulham FC

Boycie

1 minute ago, Norman said:

My Dad said Fredericks looked knackered on about 30 minutes when he came over to the SW for a corner.

I only worry about Huddlestone, Weimann and Lawrence. Jerome and Vydra had good rests. Johnson, i think, is fit enough. 

Weimann amd Lawrence should recover enough. And if one player doesnt need that extra yard of pace, it's Huddlestone. We will be fine.

Huddz could boss a game from his armchair. Andy Weimann jogs home to Vienna after games. Brad was having so much fun shoeing Johansen that wild horses attached to his nether regions wouldn't prevent him from doing the same come tomorrow night. No worries on the others either. 

Please!

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, richinspain said:

Agree with @Paul71 here. He may have been in an offside position as the attack was forming, but he stepped back onside way before the pass was made. You see in all free kicks close to the box where 2 or 3 attackers stand at least a yard offside as the player prepares to take the kick, but drift back onside before the ball is struck. I know Jerome didn’t argue, but then again what’s the point. The referee is never going to overturn an offside decision where he has blown the whistle before an attempt has even been made to shoot. Neither of the two Jerome incidents were offside.

Agreed , I think the officials underestimate how quick jerome is ... They see him in an offside position and assume he must have been offside when the ball was played but he wasn't on either of those occasions. 

We will look to catch fulham on the break again on monday and the last thing we need is offside decisions going  against us.

22 hours ago, 86 points said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was my point 86 but I guess it lost something in the text ☹️

9 hours ago, richinspain said:

Agree with @Paul71 here. He may have been in an offside position as the attack was forming, but he stepped back onside way before the pass was made. You see in all free kicks close to the box where 2 or 3 attackers stand at least a yard offside as the player prepares to take the kick, but drift back onside before the ball is struck. I know Jerome didn’t argue, but then again what’s the point. The referee is never going to overturn an offside decision where he has blown the whistle before an attempt has even been made to shoot. Neither of the two Jerome incidents were offside.

I was going on comments from a qualified referee on a differnt forum who said that the rules have been changed so that the ref can give a player offside if he is in that position during the build up, even if he is onside when the pass to him is finally played. I haven't checked the rules myself, (wouldn't know where to start!)merely trusting someone who is still actively involved at match official level. So if anyone could confirm one way or the other, I wouldn't mind. Besides, the offsides weren't the only things the officials got wrong, there were plenty more incidents to choose from.

Only just had chance to catch up with this thread and result after a whirlwind weekend away. What a result, was better than I was expecting tbh. I checked the score about 10:20pm Friday and it absolutely topped off a great day. Just watched the 90 back and I've got to say fair play to those who went and managed that second half.. I knew the score was 1-0 yet was still shaking like a ******** dog. 

Said it before and I'll say it again, it's an absolute travesty that Curtis Davies hasn't won POTY. For the 47th time this season he was not only mr consistent but absolutely colossal at the back. 

Plenty of positives going into tomorrow but this tie is far from over. Shithouse another 90 minutes and then we're 50/50, black or red for our shot at going up this season. Worry about the performances next year now, it's all about the result. If I have to pull my hair out for 90 plus minutes tomorrow so be it, along as we progress. COYR.

Well I had a whale of a time watching the game in the Exchange in Winchester. There was me, a token cottager and about 50 indifferent Hampshire folk. 

Tbf to the Fulham chap he wished us well as he left on the final whistle .

Only downside was over exuberant celebration meant that I was 25 mins late on the website and all the tickets had gone. So it's back down to a different pub tomoz for the 2nd leg. Doh!

14 hours ago, 86 points said:

Yeah, I did a mini-research project on our performances where we had less than 5 days between games. Problem was I was completely twatted at the time so no conclusive data was derived but it did seem to suggest we struggled playing more than one game in a week.

Weirdly, and perhaps it's just wishful thinking, but I thought Fulham looked leggy at the end of the first leg. Stress and pressure can sap you as much as the running about bit so I'm clinging onto that faint hope to ward off the jitters. A 'both teams too exhausted to play 0-0' would be fine with me! 

See I had the opposite read. I thought Fulham looked more dangerous the longer the game went and thought we tired (particularly in the middle) and really started dropping off. It's what makes me nervous about tomorrow is that our gameplan requires significantly higher energy levels to sustain than theirs does and I think the quick turnaround will affect us greater. 

However going in with a goal up means they really have to go for it from the off which plays right into our hands of looking to counter. I have an inkling that the tie will be decided on who scores first as I very much doubt it will be scoreless.

On 12/05/2018 at 03:01, Bris Vegas said:

When people say Fulham were pretty but never looked like opening us up, are they completely forgetting the absolute sitter Ayite missed just after they hit the bar?

I thought Mitrovic had some decent chances too on the turn while Cairney had some decent efforts.

Our goal was superb. CamRam had no right to score that. 

We need a monumental effort on Monday if we’re going to pull it off.

We literally did a smash and grab and we were the home side. Dread to think how deep we will play at Craven Cottage.

Thought CamJam's goal, Weimann through on goal and Anya's missed header were all better chances than Ayite's chance. Also when Lawrence had a simple opportunity to play Jerome in. And there was one of the moments when Jerome was wrongly given offside from a Fozzy pass with the Fulham keeper caught in no man's land outside of his penalty area.

Weimann is such a poor finisher that instead of going for the shot, all he needed to do was stop his run and the defender would have piled through the back of him giving a penalty. He must have felt him there so I was deeply disappointed he didn't just draw the foul.

And I expect had any other player been there instead of Anya they'd have scored.

The Ayite volley would have been an incredible goal, to somehow connect with a fifty yard through ball and steer it in one movement past the keeper and into the net. He made a very good attempt.

Didn't deserve it over the two legs. Fulham by far the superior side playing the kind of football I'd love to see us playing. Good luck to Fulham, decent club, exciting to watch, fully deserve to go up, hope they do.

As for us, feels like this is a real watershed. Very old and disjointed squad. Not particularly good to watch. Odd recruitment policy. Lots of work to be done over the summer but I would honestly still give GR next season to see if he can show he's learning and getting the squad into a coherent group trying to play attacking football. He (anyone!!) is going to need time to restructure and put a proper development plan forward. He's shown he can grind out results and get us top 6. I'd sooner we stick with GR to give him a chance than have yet another manager in to make it even more disjointed.

I want to see building a football club again, with a coherent ethos, young players, team spirit and decent football. Dare I say it, the kind of football club we nearly were 5 years ago!!

Archived