Derby County F.C. v Fulham FC

Boycie

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Both were behind Jerome. Neither was “out wide” nor in a “free role”

Vydra wasn’t out wide? Really? he spent almost the whole first half a lot wider than usual. Both were behind Jerome ?so was Carson but looked effective in goal.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll leave analysis to others, but I will say tonight has left me with a bigger buzz than a honeybee farmer with a 1000 beehives, who’s just stood on an live electric cable while holding an improbably large metal pole during a thunderstorm.

1 hour ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Putting Vydra out wide quite clearly doesn’t work for him. He wasn’t effective at all there. To me it looked like Laurence was given the ‘free’ role. I would rather Laurence out wide and Vydra a free role, hopefully finding himself just behind Jerome/nugent

I am hoping we can put anya in as a straight sub for Olsen, as we will need to be a bit more fluent

at Fulham to win this - but we will win !!!

4 hours ago, StringerBell said:

I hope we've got the legs for another game Monday, he might need to make a couple of changes.  And I hope Weimann's ok - he's the player who could probably play 7 games a week.

We looked dead on-our feet at full-time.

I think we’re done to be honest. Tonight was a monumental effort. 

2 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

I am hoping we can put anya in as a straight sub for Olsen, as we will need to be a bit more fluent

at Fulham to win this - but we will win !!!

There isn’t any one else, that’s why he’s still an option. When i first saw anya, I thought he was quick, skillfull and a problem for teams, I seemed to be in the minority and I couldn’t understand why. The more he playes, I lean towards the latter unfortunately.

When people say Fulham were pretty but never looked like opening us up, are they completely forgetting the absolute sitter Ayite missed just after they hit the bar?

I thought Mitrovic had some decent chances too on the turn while Cairney had some decent efforts.

Our goal was superb. CamRam had no right to score that. 

We need a monumental effort on Monday if we’re going to pull it off.

We literally did a smash and grab and we were the home side. Dread to think how deep we will play at Craven Cottage.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

When people say Fulham were pretty but never looked like opening us up, are they completely forgetting the absolute sitter Ayite missed just after they hit the bar?

I thought Mitrovic had some decent chances too on the turn while Cairney had some decent efforts.

Our goal was superb. CamRam had no right to score that. 

We need a monumental effort on Monday if we’re going to pull it off.

We literally did a smash and grab and we were the home side. Dread to think how deep we will play at Craven Cottage.

How many players in the world score a volley from 15 yards out which is coming from an angle behind them? The 'sitter' you're on about. 

3 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I’ll leave analysis to others, but I will say tonight has left me with a bigger buzz than a honeybee farmer with a 1000 beehives, who’s just stood on an live electric cable while holding an improbably large metal pole during a thunderstorm.

#blackadderscreenwriter

I’m bored to tears with the rowett and derby knockers , as someone already stated he has had a couple of mixed windows with jan being a bit of a disaster one but here we are in the play offs competing with and beating a Fulham team that the football world ( and some of our fans) are creaming their pants over ,,,, style of football?just imagine for one minute rowett having the money to have real decent quality with more consistent end product on the break ,, we would have battered them tonight on scoreline ,, where were all those players the football world are screaming are worth 20 / 30 mill if Fulham don’t go up ? In Davies pocket ,in wizzy s pocket ,in Jono s pocket , being outshone by hudds ,that’s ******* where ,, it’s horses for courses and we played with far more nouse than Millwall who looked great against them first half by chasing and closing them but at the cost of being totally knackered by half time ,,, chase them all over the pitch and you will be run ragged and worn down ,, play them as we did and they are very beatable ,, they leave gaps all over at the back and with a bit more quality in the final third we could easily have been sitting on a 3 or 4 goal lead ,,

we may lose at Fulham , we may sit too deep ,we may not go up but ffs rowett is doing a bloody good job ,give him as much money as we can and let him crack on ,, compare the response to our feb wobbles under rowett,compare our final day play off make or breaks v reading and Barnsley,compare our first legs v hull and v Fulham ,you could do that but where’s the joy in that if you would rather look for the negatives all the time and get on manager and players backs

Just now, Stagtime said:

Exactly why he bought in the experience that he has. It’s a mental game from now on and after losing their last two in similar fashion I really think if we can hold them the first 20 min, they’ll lose the plot.

26 minutes ago, archied said:

I’m bored to tears with the rowett and derby knockers , as someone already stated he has had a couple of mixed windows with jan being a bit of a disaster one but here we are in the play offs competing with and beating a Fulham team that the football world ( and some of our fans) are creaming their pants over ,,,, style of football?just imagine for one minute rowett having the money to have real decent quality with more consistent end product on the break ,, we would have battered them tonight on scoreline ,, where were all those players the football world are screaming are worth 20 / 30 mill if Fulham don’t go up ? In Davies pocket ,in wizzy s pocket ,in Jono s pocket , being outshone by hudds ,that’s ******* where ,, it’s horses for courses and we played with far more nouse than Millwall who looked great against them first half by chasing and closing them but at the cost of being totally knackered by half time ,,, chase them all over the pitch and you will be run ragged and worn down ,, play them as we did and they are very beatable ,, they leave gaps all over at the back and with a bit more quality in the final third we could easily have been sitting on a 3 or 4 goal lead ,,

we may lose at Fulham , we may sit too deep ,we may not go up but ffs rowett is doing a bloody good job ,give him as much money as we can and let him crack on ,, compare the response to our feb wobbles under rowett,compare our final day play off make or breaks v reading and Barnsley,compare our first legs v hull and v Fulham ,you could do that but where’s the joy in that if you would rather look for the negatives all the time and get on manager and players backs

Well said sir!

Had a reflective sleep and I’m still in shock we kept a clean sheet. 

First time that they haven’t score in 25 games! 

We didn’t defend perfectly, but they all battled and they got their rewards for that. Keogh and Davies were on another planet. 

As for Jerome, I called him one of our worst ever signings after Burton and I certainly wasn’t alone. Humble pie! But his transformation is nothing short of unbelievable. What a header! 

6 hours ago, 86 points said:

Your opinion is valid as I've stated in several posts, the incessant need to piss on peoples' chips is incredibly wearing though. Perhaps you can't grasp that fact? Folk have taken joy from tonight's performance but because of that, you seem to think they can't see the team's shortcomings. That's mighty arrogant of you.

The fact is, they're just trying to take some joy from what is for many, a major passion in life. They're not stupid, and mocking them for being fickle after a winning play-off tie seems just as unreasonable as I appear to you. When you talk about 99% of fans being 'fickle' has it not occurred to you that they might just be happy tonight? You chose to set yourself aside and above them so forgive me if upsetting you is the least of my concerns tonight. If we lose on Monday, you'll doubtless nod sagely to yourself and point out that you saw it coming. Should that be the case, I trust it will give you more pleasure than tonight's game. 

Forgive me for raining on people's parade - that's not my intention - but it's just as incredibly wearing to me to see fans who claimed during our bad spell in March that "even when we were winning I still thought we were playing badly" now essentially saying "yeah, but who cares because we won".

I don't take delight in us losing, believe it or not. And there were a fair few positives last night - we defended superbly, Davies was frankly outstanding, and we kept them out.

I just find it disappointing that our standards have fallen so low that we're now ecstatic about  parking the bus at home to a side that only finished 3 places above us, when we used to play the kind of positive exciting football that ripped Brighton to pieces in 2014.

If we play that way at home against every team which is a better footballing side than us, it's going to be a long, difficult season in the Prem.

1 hour ago, archied said:

Perfectly said

I just ignore them (literally )  - they drag you down and everyone around them. Let them do it on their own. And thank your lucky stars they won't be standing next to you in the trenches when its time to go over the top.

3 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Forgive me for raining on people's parade - that's not my intention - but it's just as incredibly wearing to me to see fans who claimed during our bad spell in March that "even when we were winning I still thought we were playing badly" now essentially saying "yeah, but who cares because we won".

I don't take delight in us losing, believe it or not. And there were a fair few positives last night - we defended superbly, Davies was frankly outstanding, and we kept them out.

I just find it disappointing that our standards have fallen so low that we're now ecstatic about  parking the bus at home to a side that only finished 3 places above us, when we used to play the kind of positive exciting football that ripped Brighton to pieces in 2014.

If we play that way at home against every team which is a better footballing side than us, it's going to be a long, difficult season in the Prem.

The side that ripped Brighton apart were beaten by a ten man qpr at Wembley who exposed our naivety,, and if you think the current Fulham team are going to rip up the prem and not be exposed at the back and shown to be beatable by better teams than derby then your are looking through maclaren tinted blinkers ,, Burnley at this point are showing the Bournemouth s ,Swansea s ,Southampton s that there’s more than one way to  compete

Archived