Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

On 26/02/2018 at 00:32, BolsoverRam said:

People not from Bozer not understanding Bozer slang (Only for me to realise nobody else knows what a Bolsover even is):angry:

Am I the only one who knows what spidge is???

Sorry you were left hanging for so long there.

No idea.

27 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

Slow service at restaurants.

Now, fair enough if it's really crowded, long waiting lines, etc. But when it takes over fifteen damn minutes to get a drink when its just you and two other customers in the whole dang place...

Freaking ridiculous.

We always refuse to order drinks now when we place the order, always ask them to take drinks order and tell them need more time on the menu even if we dont, had occasions where food turns up before your drink.

Lots of things annoy me about restaurants at times.

1. Can you tell me what the soup/dish of the day etc is - I'll go and ask. They should know what it is.

2. Can you tell me more about this dish or that dish, whats in it etc - I'll go and ask - They should know stuff about the menu.

3. Can I order the Steak/Fish etc - Sorry we dont have any of those left - Couldnt they have told me this sooner? Now they are stood there looking at me as I search for something else on the menu

4. Would you like any sauces? - Ok nice of you to ask but why do you always wait until my food has been delivered, why not ask before its been delivered so we dont have to sit and wait until you turn up and say sorry we dont have any of that.

5. Are you ready for your main course (stood there with it in their hands)? when its obvious I am still eating the starter.

3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

The fact I've got to play 6-a-side tonight, outside, on top of a hill in Oakwood, at 9pm, when it's -6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People who build 6 a side pitches on top of hills!

People who arrange 6 a side matches at 9pm in February!

People who moan about playing sport in freezing temperatures!?

Edited by WharfedaleRam
Mis-spelled word!

5 hours ago, WharfedaleRam said:

People who build 6 a side pitches on top of hills!

People who arrange 6 a side matches at 9pm in February!

People who moan about playing sport in freezing temperatures!?

Luckily, they saw sense and called it off!!!

9 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Got some new favs on the business bollx speak. 

Machine learning !!

IT Estate - I know what a housing estate is.

Hyper Cloud Scale - Something to do with Apple?

Identity Soc - Single pane of glass - WTF is that.

My personal fav - Hetro genius systems !!! 

60 mins of life that I won't get back. 

Was like a **** fest of bollx.

they all seem great ones son.....our American cousins have a lot to answer for don't they..?

19 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Got some new favs on the business bollx speak. 

Machine learning !!

IT Estate - I know what a housing estate is.

Hyper Cloud Scale - Something to do with Apple?

Identity Soc - Single pane of glass - WTF is that.

60 mins of life that I won't get back. 

Was like a **** fest of bollx.

No idea about the rest but Machine Learning is a real thing, rather than just managament bullpoo. Our company is into it.

It's related to Artificial Intelligence in that the Machine looks at large amounts of data and searches for patterns - often they are ones that humans would miss. The pattern then helps the Machine to Learn what the correct actions should be, without the need for human intervention.

12 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

No idea about the rest but Machine Learning is a real thing, rather than just managament bullpoo. Our company is into it.

It's related to Artificial Intelligence in that the Machine looks at large amounts of data and searches for patterns - often they are ones that humans would miss. The pattern then helps the Machine to Learn what the correct actions should be, without the need for human intervention.

Bloody hell... Want a job? :thumbsup:

Intelligence is not a common word around here, artifical or not. All that bollx was about thge new GDPR rules & regs. Apparently I have to get permission to store any information now.. Bloody minefield even if I store next of kin data. 

16 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

The future, for example, local area networks that connect Microsoft Windows and Linux based personal computers with Apple Macintosh computers. The potential is both huge in terms of data sharing, processing and data crunching, also scary for the exact same reasons.  Back in my brief career in IT, was looking at using Windows NT as a platform to link Linux and windows, don't quote me direct as it was the 90's and a lot of **** happened back then!

Just watching the Chase. Annoys me when contestants haven't done well and Bradley Walsh says "you're a better player than that".  No they're not. If they were they would have got more questions right. 

And when contestants say when answering a question " haven't got a clue, it was an educated guess" . No it wasn't educated. It was just a guess. 

Grrrr. I'm turning into a real grumpy old man!

******* townies who move to the countryside and buy a Chelsea tractor and think they can drive in the ******* snow. Can they ******** and also they don't realise that on these country lanes the ploughs only make one track through derrrrr!!!! Find the ******* reverse gear dumbo your shitbit 4 x 4 does go backwards too. ********* slide into me got out said it's only a scratch and drove off ****!!!!! 

Edited by Gritters
Auto correct is crap on here