Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

On 10/03/2018 at 09:23, angieram said:

Exactly. The fact that my charity, with an annual turnover of under £100,000, has to have exactly the same safeguards in place as Amazon or The Claims Guys - or dcfcfans.  ;) Ridiculous. 

Not sure that is 100% true but it is very confusing.. I am sure I read somewhere that investment in technology etc was not expected to be the same in the case you describe.. Amazon would have no excuse but your charity would certainly get given some slack as long as you have done as much as you can, should there be a breach.. 

1 minute ago, Mr Giggles said:

When you set someone up on the forum to get likes - I.e spelling mistakes.

Kills me every time....

I do that with the spelling of McClaren as it annoys me, especially when it is spelt 2 different ways in the same post. 

29 minutes ago, rynny said:

I do that with the spelling of McClaren as it annoys me, especially when it is spelt 2 different ways in the same post. 

For me it is more of a "it could have been me with all of those likes and I wish I was that smart to have thought of something as funny and witty as that" Moments.

You know what I mean?

10 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

For me it is more of a "it could have been me with all of those likes and I wish I was that smart to have thought of something as funny and witty as that" Moments.

You know what I mean?

Yep :lol:

4 hours ago, rynny said:

I just put Mac1 or 2.

Same with Fozzy, my brain just won't trust itself to spell Forsyth correctly, and auto correct is no help.

Does the?

First the?

Firstly?

Sith Happens
4 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

DCFC social media channels constantly referring to him as “Mel Morris CBE”

What would you want them to refer to him as?

Sith Happens
9 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Do they need it in every tweet and post on the website? I get he has one but still!

Same disdain for people who put Bsc and BA in their Facebook names!

Most people who have letters behind their names use it all the time.

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Most people who have letters behind their names use it all the time.

I think it's acceptable to use the initials of honours and professional membership behind your name but naff to use educational ones. I never use BSc except when involved in a bid for work.