Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

I would have said “Yeah, so it won’t cost you much to have it removed, do you want to go through your insurance or pay cash” ?

Then if he still got in his motor and drove off I would have taken his number and asked the police when I stood on the leaving the scene of an accident situation, albeit minor, he’s still damaged your car, arrogant tw*t.

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

I would have said “Yeah, so it won’t cost you much to have it removed, do you want to go through your insurance or pay cash” ?

Then if he still got in his motor and drove off I would have taken his number and asked the police when I stood on the leaving the scene of an accident situation, albeit minor, he’s still damaged your car, arrogant tw*t.

Too right there was a car coming and I thought he was moving his car out of the way. He just got in and drove off.

The side effects of online shopping, emails.

Could you please leave a review

Now can you fill this survey out

We have special offers this week

Each email has it’s own path of unsubscribing, was never asked if I wanted to receive these emails. 

Next time you purchase from the shop your preferences are reset and start the cycle of unsubscribing to all these emails.

2 minutes ago, David said:

The side effects of online shopping, emails.

Could you please leave a review

Now can you fill this survey out

We have special offers this week

Each email has it’s own path of unsubscribing, was never asked if I wanted to receive these emails. 

Next time you purchase from the shop your preferences are reset and start the cycle of unsubscribing to all these emails.

I agree but it's not just online.

Loads of shops now wont give paper receipts and want your email address for an e-receipt instead. Bloody annoying then when the emails start arriving, I agree.

7 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Loads of shops now wont give paper receipts and want your email address for an e-receipt instead. Bloody annoying then when the emails start arriving, I agree.

Your email address is personal information, after May this year they will have to have individual consent to keep it. Consent cannot be presumed. Just refuse and insist on a printed one..

Sith Happens
13 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I don't mind it. Prefer to have my receipts electronically than stuffed in a draw and then cant find them if i need them.

Easy enough to unsubscribe.

24 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Your email address is personal information, after May this year they will have to have individual consent to keep it. Consent cannot be presumed. Just refuse and insist on a printed one..

Aye, GDPR, had a great time reading all that, still  Had to update this site to comply as well. 

I expect loopholes will quickly be found by retailers legal departments, big money in these email campaigns. 

54 minutes ago, David said:

Aye, GDPR, had a great time reading all that, still  Had to update this site to comply as well. 

I expect loopholes will quickly be found by retailers legal departments, big money in these email campaigns. 

Doing my head in..

The loop hole will be in the general term:-

''Necessary to protect the interests of one or more participants'' What does 'interests' mean, could mean anything. We record calls 'for training purposes only - honest'. Can't see a way we can do that going forward without specific consent. 

It's EU regs as well although we are likely to keep them going forward. Spoke to the French last week, they aint doing anything. Just the normal ignore approach.  

GDPR - You can imagine the EU bureaucrats having a laugh about this knowing only the UK will comply. "Hey Franz, how about we introduce a pointless and costly law where there is a massive fine if companies don't introduce it. Watch the UK panic as they try and work out what the heck it's all about, ha ha!"

13 hours ago, TimRam said:

GDPR - You can imagine the EU bureaucrats having a laugh about this knowing only the UK will comply. "Hey Franz, how about we introduce a pointless and costly law where there is a massive fine if companies don't introduce it. Watch the UK panic as they try and work out what the heck it's all about, ha ha!"

Exactly. The fact that my charity, with an annual turnover of under £100,000, has to have exactly the same safeguards in place as Amazon or The Claims Guys - or dcfcfans.  ;) Ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It's a good feeling when it's done though and the water is heading off..?

What's your pride and joy pearl?

My kit is my pride and joy kash, the motor’s only a 2014 Focus which is a bit of a comedown from the 7 series BM’s I’ve had but due to a drop of financial turbulence I’ve had to cut my cloth. :(

Wouldn’t mind a VW Phaeton, lot of car that can be picked up quit reasonably.

33 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

My kit is my pride and joy kash, the motor’s only a 2014 Focus which is a bit of a comedown from the 7 series BM’s I’ve had but due to a drop of financial turbulence I’ve had to cut my cloth. :(

Wouldn’t mind a VW Phaeton, lot of car that can be picked up quit reasonably.

My current cars not recent either mate but I still enjoy looking after it.......gives me a lot of satisfaction and a sense of peace when I've finished a good clean and detail.