Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

13 hours ago, Strange yearnings said:

I think it's acceptable to use the initials of honours and professional membership behind your name but naff to use educational ones. I never use BSc except when involved in a bid for work. 

Well that is true, I would never have GCSE or BTEC after my name.

The phrases people use in football  

“the play offs are a lottery”-no they are not, it’s just a crap excuse people roll out when their team don’t win, you never hear anyone saying that the FA Cup is a lottery when it gets to the semi finals do you..?

whilst we are on the subject-penalties are also not a lottery-they are the fairest way to get a result in a game and you can improve your chances by practicing them 

“form goes out of the window in derby games” - while there might be the odd occasion where there is an upset (like there is in all other games throughout the season) generally the better team wins a derby game...ask an Everton fan when was the last time that “form went out the window”

Goals being scored in the “97th minute” no they were not, they were scored in the allotted 90 minutes on the referees watch that has been paused throughout the game for various stoppages in the play  

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

The phrases people use in football  

“the play offs are a lottery”-no they are not, it’s just a crap excuse people roll out when their team don’t win, you never hear anyone saying that the FA Cup is a lottery when it gets to the semi finals do you..?

whilst we are on the subject-penalties are also not a lottery-they are the fairest way to get a result in a game and you can improve your chances by practicing them 

“form goes out of the window in derby games” - while there might be the odd occasion where there is an upset (like there is in all other games throughout the season) generally the better team wins a derby game...ask an Everton fan when was the last time that “form went out the window”

Goals being scored in the “97th minute” no they were not, they were scored in the allotted 90 minutes on the referees watch that has been paused throughout the game for various stoppages in the play  

Football cliches in general. 

"If anything he has hit that too well", usually trotted out when someone has needlessly smashed the ball over the bar instead of thinking about what they are doing.

"Half a yard offside", a measurement that seems to apply to anything from 6 inches to 6 feet.

"Earn the right to play", you are on the pitch playing the damn game so you have the right to play football, that is a given.

More football rubbish

“He was Marginally offside”....so what you are saying is that he WAS offside....!?

”Referees have a thankless task”....but it’s their jobs that they chose to do, no one is forcing them to do it and they are getting handsomely paid for it too, I would think that is thanks enough  

any mentions of “the Geordie nation”

“knowledgeable crowd”, “special European nights” etc etc always attached to Liverpool and their vile fans 

and of course...

”the Premiershite, the best league in the world....”

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Plastic Paddies.. They will be bloody everywhere today. 

Stupid green hats, ginger beards. FFS..

You mean when they claim to be half irish, when in reality the closest they are is their great grandma once kissed an irish man in the cheek?

I Dont mind it to be honest, wish we did more for St Georges day in England, dont think its fair other parts of the UK get a bank holiday for their day but not the English, I know a lot of it comes down to the utter shame we should feel for being english and not daring to celebrate it in fear of upsetting someone else though.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

You mean when they claim to be half irish, when in reality the closest they are is their great grandma once kissed an irish man in the cheek?

I Dont mind it to be honest, wish we did more for St Georges day in England, dont think its fair other parts of the UK get a bank holiday for their day but not the English, I know a lot of it comes down to the utter shame we should feel for being english and not daring to celebrate it in fear of upsetting someone else though.

I eat a potato once.. I must qualify..

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Especially as my birthday's on St George's Day. Put a flag out for me.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I often try to work our who you are at away matches - any snazzily dressed southerner and I am convinced it's you.

On here, you're probably unmistakable!  :lol:

If you know Flagman,  he will point me out.. Little Angry is the dresser tho.

Edited by Angry Ram