Leicester City v Derby County - FA Cup Replay 4th Round

i-Ram

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vydra looks absolutely shot.

You cant blaime blackman, he was isolated when we played 4-4-3.

Only when johnson went off, and we went to more of a 4-2-3-1 was the CF in the game.

I would say the two games against Leicester are as gooder reason as any for Steve to get a proper plan B in the form of a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Withoiut it, its too easy for leicester in both games to pickup the ball behind the midfield and run directly at our back 4.

In theory 4-3-3- should get us an extra man going forward, but we dont seem to make much use of it given how slow we play.

As shearer said it was even in the 90 mins, but in extra time our players who havent played all look knackered, and leicester some how seemed fresh.

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Massive massive chance missed. 

We should have played a full strength team and buried them. 

In fairness it's been indicated that quite a few were doubtful before and that 11 (aside Ince and Pearce) was probably our strongest available line up.

Hughes is the big miss, he tore them apart in the first tie, but was never in contention 

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

Camara had a good game looked lively just tried to hard at times, de Sart looked good and butterfield was impressive, my stand out player had to be Ayna was class caused defenders nightmares at times what Russell needs to do!! Baird back in for Christie on sat with Ayna nugent Camara front 3

Ince must come back in, top scorer, and best player going forward we have got, so for me it is Russell or Anya for the other wide spot.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Don't understand all the hate on vydra after today, one poor mistake but looked like he could play with Nugent- will be something that Mac was planning on I'm sure

That is as shocking a performance by a Derby player that I have witnessed  since I have been watching the Rams since 1968.

And that includes the likes of Paul Emson and Mick Brolly in the bad old days

I'm sure he doesn't mean it, I know he is under pressure.

But blimey.

Surely a lad from the Under 23's (or even 19's/18s/16s...), or even one of their Mums, could offer us more.

Just now, Andrew James said:

You can as they play 90 minutes in training. The diet, Physio and conditioning these days they should not cramp up. Andy King and others on their side did not. 

There's no substitute for a full competitive match though. I thought you were joking first of all but you're actually blaming Christie for getting cramp? Wow.

Interesting you use Andy King as an example. Since Christie picked up his injury vs Wolves King has played...

45 minutes v Utd

90 minutes v Derby

90 minutes v Boro

64 minutes v Everton

90 minutes v Stoke

90 minutes v Bournemouth

90 minutes v Man City

90 minutes v Sunderland

90 minutes v Boro

90 minutes v Brugge

90 minutes v West Brom

This may have helped him with his match fitness. Not completely sure, it's a bit of a guess really.

10 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Well I'll stand up for Blackman, thought there were signs of an intelligent footballer there. He held up the ball nicely st times and atleast was positive on the ball. He was very isolated first half and was being knocked around by their 29 (? The bald one). As others have said about Christie, he's returning from injury.

My question marks hang over other heads at this point in time.

I too thought he did ok ?

Think the lads need congratulating, work rate and effort was faultless,obviously some players were more effective than others. I personally thought  Vydra had a poor game,Blackman just ineffective and showing no promise, but lots of positives to be taken just disappointing to conceed the 3rd goal .

5 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

That is as shocking a performance by a Derby player that I have witnessed  since I have been watching the Rams since 1968.

And that includes the likes of Paul Emson and Mick Brolly in the bad old days

I'm sure he doesn't mean it, I know he is under pressure.

But blimey.

Surely a lad from the Under 23's (or even 19's/18s/16s...), or even one of their Mums, could offer us more.

You can't have witnessed many games in the last 49 years if you think that! 

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

Ince must come back in, top scorer, and best player going forward we have got, so for me it is Russell or Anya for the other wide spot.

Same.

I'd give Camara the "super-sub" role - he can razza at knackered championship full backs.

Sounds like Mac is thinking Bent, Ince, Russell for saturday with Camara the other forward option.

Baird and Pearce back in, probably Olssonn at LB for now as Lowe is just coming back from injury.

Unless Bryson is fit, it's clearly going to be the same midfield.

Nuge looked like he might do a job.

Blackman looked very frustrated and isolated. I think Bent and Nuge are ahead of him as a CF and all 4 wide men for the wide slots. Where is he gonna go now?

Vydra is just the wrong player - I saw him make runs that were good number ten runs to make but not the runs the game needed from him.

I can't fault effort or attitude from the team.

Archived