Leicester City v Derby County - FA Cup Replay 4th Round

i-Ram

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't criticize any of them tonight. I was worried about Mitchell at the start but his confidence grew. Back four were good. Midfield kept the ball well and mid to long range passing was pretty good. A little lightweight up front as we have been quite a lot this season but overall not bad at all. For those who like stats they look pretty good.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live/match-stats/369897/leicester-city-v-derby-county  

We lost to slightly the better side but only after their big guns came on. 

9 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

That is as shocking a performance by a Derby player that I have witnessed  since I have been watching the Rams since 1968.

And that includes the likes of Paul Emson and Mick Brolly in the bad old days

I'm sure he doesn't mean it, I know he is under pressure.

But blimey.

Surely a lad from the Under 23's (or even 19's/18s/16s...), or even one of their Mums, could offer us more.

I've had four pints but how many have you had?!! 

Enjoyed the away day..... few and far between. Sat on train ready to go home. Derby fans were immense.....

Confirmed that Leicester fans are the aids of football..... 

The team that played did us proud tonight. Thought we looked comfortable most of the night and made Leicester look very very ordinary. 

My only niggle was that we got into so many good crossing opportunities but looked for heads instead of whipping it low into the six yard box. The big Leicester lumps headed them away all day. 

Lots of positives from a lot of the players, let's go on another winning run. 

I thought the ressies did quite well. Anya looked a threat first half I thought Shackell was excellent, Butterfield did well but for me De Sart was our best player and must be pushing for a start on Saturday. Disappointed with Vydra, since he has played for the Rams, he certainly doesn't look like an 8 million pound player to me, much as I thought when we signed him...more of a 2 million pound player from what I have seen of him over the last couple of seasons. If you think Burnley spent about the same on Gray.....

15 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Look on the bright side Muespach - you don't have to think of anything positive to say ;)

2 games against a Leicester reserve side and a division 3 team and we could have been staring at a trip to wembley in the FA CUP.....!!

we should have played the strongest team tonight and rested anyone we liked against Bristol...

16 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

That is as shocking a performance by a Derby player that I have witnessed  since I have been watching the Rams since 1968.

And that includes the likes of Paul Emson and Mick Brolly in the bad old days

I'm sure he doesn't mean it, I know he is under pressure.

But blimey.

Surely a lad from the Under 23's (or even 19's/18s/16s...), or even one of their Mums, could offer us more.

Scapegoats will be scapegoats, but that was a better performance by vydra than Darren bent has been doing recently- Ive been watching the Rams since 2005 and I've seen countless worse performances than that, remember Conor sammon?

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Scapegoats will be scapegoats, but that was a better performance by vydra than Darren bent has been doing recently- Ive been watching the Rams since 2005 and I've seen countless worse performances than that, remember Conor sammon?

jake "this is benieth my dignity" livermoore.....................

Didnt make the game tonight, but if i had the two hour drive home would have been tolerable considering our overall performance.Hopefully the next 3 results will put this one into prespective.Its not a tin pot cup but we have other priorities.

Happy clapper assessment follows:

Mitchell - slightly nervy & lucky with the handball. Made some smart saves nonetheless & the experience won't be lost on him

Christie - back from injury he ran his socks off - crossing appears to have improved but must leave space for his winger to play

Keogh - always got  mistake in him - ship him out, sharpish

Shackell - critical tackles and generally did pretty well

Lowe - future star - tad rusty after a long absence but talent is clearly there

De Sart - growing in stature 7 impressed more as game went on - useful understudy to a fit Thorne if we can keep him

Butterfield - quiet game, never really hurt Leicester

Camara - positive and ran hard - slice of luck for the goal but clearly wants to play and will improve further with game time

Anya - little star - ran his FB silly until fatigue set in - had we a lumpy striker his crosses might have yielded a goal or two

Johnson - blood and thunder performance without really dominating - good shift nonetheless

Blackman - starved of service and quiet as a result - perhaps playing ahead of Hughes would help but will that happen with a surplus of strikers at the club 

Subs: Vydra, Russell and Nugent all added to the performance - Vydra needs to play off a striker, maybe that could be Nugent unti Martin returns. Nugent cameo too short but looked tidy. Russell workingnhis way back to form at a time where his input could prove critical to a successful Championship campaign.

So, not the result we might have wanted but probably the result most of us expected. B- can do better

Did say on this forum 18 months ago when Birmingham sold Demarai Gray to Leicester that we should have made a bid,if we ever get to the promised land our Chairman is going to have to spend big to compete,Leicester were bringing subs on in the game,15 million,25 million,what chance have little old Derby got

9 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

2 games against a Leicester reserve side and a division 3 team and we could have been staring at a trip to wembley in the FA CUP.....!!

we should have played the strongest team tonight and rested anyone we liked against Bristol...

Maybe fella but you'd have moaned about that too most likely

With so many players who don't regularly play in the team it was a fair enough performance. Bit disjointed and some runs missed / combos not working. 

We don't have great fitness in my view throughout the squad and haven't probably since cloughie. Just one of those things. No players fault. 

Although obviously keogh was completely at fault for the second by atempting a block and going off his feet. He should have copied shackells "down on one knee turned to the side" pose :lol:

Just got back. first game i've managed to go to in nearly 2 years so i may be a little rusty on the observations but here are a few things i took from the game:

Mitchell didn't do too wrong much wrong, might have saved the first goal if he stayed on his line, not much he could do about the others, had good hands when crosses came in and grew into the game well, distributed some balls very well in the second half. Thought Keogh played very well, defended excellently, covered shackell a few times when Leicester got in behind and passed the ball very well, maybe should've stopped the 3rd goal but grey had an absolute stormer of a game. 

Thought De Sart was excellent, won plenty of balls and distributed well, broke up several leicester attacks with his strength, my rams man of the match and he has to start, he plays the thorne role very well.

Camara looked very liveley when leicester scored and we really started attacking, caused havoc down the right side, something russell didnt do when he came on, often stood still and not even trying a run when we were countering. Nugent looked good, worked hard and linked up play a bit, definitely helped when he came on as nick blackamn was garbage, made no runs, build up or hold up play. it was like were were playing with 10 men.

Archived