Leicester City v Derby County - FA Cup Replay 4th Round

i-Ram

played well for 30 mins in the second half and had a chance to win but we lost momentum when camara went off. In the end slightly disappointed that we didn't offer more. I thought vydra was good so don't get the criticism. This train is getting boring. Crowded,hot and andnot moving.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RamNut said:

played well for 30 mins in the second half and had a chance to win but we lost momentum when camara went off. In the end slightly disappointed that we didn't offer more. I thought vydra was good so don't get the criticism. This train is getting boring. Crowded,hot and andnot moving.

Ditto on the train

32 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

That is as shocking a performance by a Derby player that I have witnessed  since I have been watching the Rams since 1968.

And that includes the likes of Paul Emson and Mick Brolly in the bad old days

I find that extremely hard to believe.

It's not even the worst performance by a Derby player this season.

It's a ridiculous thing to say.

6 minutes ago, 86 points said:

De Sart - growing in stature 7 impressed more as game went on - useful understudy to a fit Thorne if we can keep him

My MOTM. Based on tonight I'd play him before a fit Thorne. Given game time he will be a great asset in the run in. 

9 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Maybe fella but you'd have moaned about that too most likely

Er....no I would have been delighted  

I think it is a generational thing, I am of an age where I don't actually think that the premiershite is everything...I would take us staying in this league forever if it meant we could win the FA Cup....and this was a massive chance that we turned down in favour of.....money...?

TV Armchair assessment

Mitchell 7 - Great on crosses and couldn't do anything with the goals. Kicking could be improved and was slow to react to the 1 on 1 with Musa.

Christie 5 - Infuriating. Some decent crosses but lost the ball so many times including for the first goal. If he has playing like that fully fit it would have been a 4

Lowe 6 - Shows tonnes of promise but obviously tired and was so lucky with the chest against the post

Keogh 6 - Lost the ball twice when under pressure and got turned inside out for the 3rd goal. Plenty of good defending though

Shackell 7 Won every tackle and header. Any pass over than a 15 yd one is a disaster though

De Sart 7 Some really good passes, showed good energy over 120 minutes but weak at times

Butterfield 8 Thought he was excellent, kept the ball moving, tracked back, made runs, good shot

Johnson 6 - Gave the ball away didn't look fit, battled away

Camara 5 - Tripe. Kept giving the ball away, weak on the ball. He is a 15 minute super sub against tired legs. Obviously scored but was very lucky.

Anya 7 - Looked our most dangerous player but needs to come inside and shoot occasionally. Worked hard.

Blackman 4 - Insipid. Didn't win a ball all game. Looked ok for 10 minutes when Russell came on.

Vydra 4 -  Gash. Weak on the ball. poor positional sense and workrate. Awful for 3rd goal.

Nugent 6 - Showed energy and linked play up but made no headway

Russell 6 - Brought some control to possession, had a decent shot, but still looks a yard short of pace or confidence

We effectively used the game to get some players back to fitness. Starting bent and Ince would probably have seen us 2 up in the first half   

6 minutes ago, sage said:

TV Armchair assessment

Mitchell 7 - Great on crosses and couldn't do anything with the goals. Kicking could be improved and was slow to react to the 1 on 1 with Musa.

Christie 5 - Infuriating. Some decent crosses but lost the ball so many times including for the first goal. If he has playing like that fully fit it would have been a 4

Lowe 6 - Shows tonnes of promise but obviously tired and was so lucky with the chest against the post

Keogh 6 - Lost the ball twice when under pressure and got turned inside out for the 3rd goal. Plenty of good defending though

Shackell 7 Won every tackle and header. Any pass over than a 15 yd one is a disaster though

De Sart 7 Some really good passes, showed good energy over 120 minutes but weak at times

Butterfield 8 Thought he was excellent, kept the ball moving, tracked back, made runs, good shot

Johnson 6 - Gave the ball away didn't look fit, battled away

Camara 5 - Tripe. Kept giving the ball away, weak on the ball. He is a 15 minute super sub against tired legs. Obviously scored but was very lucky.

Anya 7 - Looked our most dangerous player but needs to come inside and shoot occasionally. Worked hard.

Blackman 4 - Insipid. Didn't win a ball all game. Looked ok for 10 minutes when Russell came on.

Vydra 4 -  Gash. Weak on the ball. poor positional sense and workrate. Awful for 3rd goal.

Nugent 6 - Showed energy and linked play up but made no headway

Russell 6 - Brought some control to possession, had a decent shot, but still looks a yard short of pace or confidence

We effectively used the game to get some players back to fitness. Starting bent and Ince would probably have seen us 2 up in the first half   

Agree with all bar Butterfield. Too many touches.

Overall though we don't have anyone to get beyond their back four. You won't win games passing across the midfield and back. I was sat in a box on th half way line. It was painful to see our lack of penetration. Only Anya tried. Camara always wanted to feet. We were easy to play against tonight.

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Agree with all bar Butterfield. Too many touches.

Overall though we don't have anyone to get beyond their back four. You won't win games passing across the midfield and back. I was sat in a box on th half way line. It was painful to see our lack of penetration. Only Anya tried. Camara always wanted to feet. We were easy to play against tonight.

I thought he was much better tonight, i think he had to carry the ball waiting for someone to make a run. 

Lads gave it a go tonight nothing to be down for. 

Delighted to see some of our players back from injury's and getting some mintues. Lowe what a player. Fans class ? onto Saturday we'll be fine for rest of the season. COYR 

As a training game to learn about some of your players, it was a useful exercise.

De Sart looked good when he came on against Newcastle, and tonight I thought was pick of the bunch. I'd keep him in on Saturday with Hughes and Johnson. Both centre halves had good games. Camara adds a directness that we need - when he went off so did any proper forward momentum. Anya did lots of running and had some decent movement. But neither convince with their final ball.

Useful run outs for Christie and Lowe, though I'd expect Baird and Olsson back for Saturday.

Some did themselves few favours, and our threat in the final third was minimal. The longer the game went on there was only going to be one winner.  

With 4 league games in 11 days,I can understand why McClaren picked the team he did. But I'm disappointed that we've gone out of the cup with a bit of a whimper

7 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Lads gave it a go tonight nothing to be down for. 

Delighted to see some of our players back from injury's and getting some mintues. Lowe what a player. Fans class ? onto Saturday we'll be fine for rest of the season. COYR 

I think this is the best way of looking at things DEL even though we all have misgivings about tonight in some form or other.

It's all shoulda, woulda, coulda and the fact is we're out and now for a full on assault on the teams above us in the league.

We had a good go, came up just short and lost to the better side over the 3 and a half hours. 3 games against Prem sides in the cup, unbeaten in 90 minutes. Encouraging.

Now we can get back to an assault on the top 6 and lestah can get back to their relegation scrap.

Anyone using tonights game to criticise any Derby player should think again. They had a go. Much better than the recent games against Prem sides where we've sat and waited to get beaten.

Archived