Leicester City v Derby County - FA Cup Replay 4th Round

i-Ram

1 minute ago, Andrew James said:

Both off target, JB and Razza off target apart from the deflection. Now we have to somehow fight off Sheff Wed, Norwich, Fulham, Huddersfield, Barnsley etc for a play off spot. Cannot see this squad making it to be honest. 

Yeah let's not bother, seasons over.

(Something about Jesus weeping)

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well deeply saddened by not giving our best team our best shot at the FA cup

What have we learnt? 

Mitchell- good cover

Lowe - decent cover 

Camara - great sub, not so great at starting

Anya - still busy but can we do something from it 

Vydra - still doesn't look likely 

Nugent - intelligent- can anyone read him?

Blackman - firmly established behind Martin bent nugent  Vydra 

Our reserves are better than festers in my opinion and I am serious.

Oh and Butterfield he did ok but it just seems to me he could slide lots of balls through the back line to forwards looking for it but always chooses to stop and turn sideways slowly - I find him very frustrating as I think he can so much better but never does.

3 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Both off target, JB and Razza off target apart from the deflection. Now we have to somehow fight off Sheff Wed, Norwich, Fulham, Huddersfield, Barnsley etc for a play off spot. Cannot see this squad making it to be honest. 

Why do you bother? Really why?

Just now, LittleEatonRam said:

Have to say I thought de Sart was really good in the second half. Made some good challenges, and has a good eye for a pass. Useful player to have in the squad.

Agreed. Good tho it was to see christie , Lowe  and even Blackman coming back they really weren't fit for a 90 minute game leave alone 120 minutes. Good match practice tho and it seemed that Mac was just using it as that. 

I think there's a lot of positives to take from tonight's game. I was impressed again by Mitchell who looks like a natural successor to Carson.

Richard Keogh bleeds Black and White blood.

Vyrda showed the level of footballing intelligence and work rate I've spoken about before, I think given more opportunites he'll prove to be a fantastic addition still. He's been written off by too many on here. 

Max Lowe and a few others in their first game back against a Champions League team showed they could compete.

I wasn't impressed by Butterfield or Blackman, it's also a shame to lose during extra time, but I think this has given McClaren a good opportunity as to what he has in his sleeve.

3 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Bit of fun time to look to the league. The King Power is cursed whenever Derby turn up. They bring on £50mil vs our reserves what do you expect. 

Great effort by all of the players considering we have gone toe to toe with the Champions of England for 180mins only to get beat when our reserves were blowing.

If the likes of Hughes, Bryson, Bent were all fit I expect we would be speaking about another result as that Leicester lot were very ordinary.

Bring on Bristol City

Spot on pal

Old concentrate on the league cliche time but our largely second string with mix of others getting fit, we were no way second rate, they were. Nothing lost, nothing gained apart from a fixture less.

Good effort considering the team.

Bring on Brizzle

Good:

De Sart, Anya, Johnson, Lowe (he is really good).

The rest:

Meh

Not going to slate the much changed team who basically were knackered by extra time. Can't say they didn't try.

Just knew when it went to 2 all in the first tie that was it, we did better than i expected by taking it to extra time.

Not the end of the world, decent cup run vs 2 PL teams, well one PL team and Leicester.

Derby fans clearly the louder on the night, even when Leicester were winning.

So Derby reserves lost against a Premier League side, not bad until they bought on £100m worth of talent, the returning injured players wilted badly which is only right, and we lacked most of our first team, Leicester have gone down already unfortunately.

20 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Christie, Lowe starting full backs for me. 

You can't play Christie and Ince on the same side. Actually I'd say whichever winger starts they have their work cut out playing on the same side as Christie. 

Not saying Christie is a poor player, he just doesn't link up well with team mates. 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Don't understand all the hate on vydra after today, one poor mistake but looked like he could play with Nugent- will be something that Mac was planning on I'm sure

Yes I think nugent and vydra could work... Or martin and vydra. Not sure about Blackman tho.

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Can't be match fit if you haven't played any matches... I expect one or two will blame him for getting cramp though.

You can as they play 90 minutes in training. The diet, Physio and conditioning these days they should not cramp up. Andy King and others on their side did not. 

Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes I think nugent and vydra could work... Or martin and vydra. Not sure about Blackman tho.

Indeed, I think this is the long term plan. It's the way vydra played at Watford, 4231 with a hold up man- and I think that's what we'll try to do eventually as I think that formation is more suited to getting out of this league. Blackman proved he can't play upfront imo, still think there's a player but he needs to be on the right

Archived