Leicester City v Derby County - FA Cup Replay 4th Round

i-Ram

Wednesday 8 February 19.45 

King Power Stadium or the comfort of your own home - you decide.

Hope we give a good account of ourselves, although not sure l want to win as l know that we will then have a week or two of 'Millwall stories' to wade through on here.

COYR!

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shot to nothing. ...Let's put on a show and  go attacking and try get an early goal. Paid them too much respect last time. Get them on the back foot and try to get a goal. Don't want extra time... If we go 1 or 2 behind then so be it..rest 3 players for last half hour no harm done! 

21 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Play Camara and Russell (if fit) either side of Ince at No10 so we can run at their defence,  we had them pinned back when we decided to have a go.

Carson

Baird Keogh Pearce Olsson

De Sart Butterfield 

Russell Ince Camara

Bent.

Being forced into a different formation following the midfield injuries could be a blessing. 

I think we'll see 4-2-3-1 unless the knocks we picked up yesterday are just that. De Sart and Butterfield as two ball players in front of the back two with pace in front could be really effective against Leicester, providing they both don't try and hold hands with the centre halves all game. I think we'll see Vydra from the start to give Bent a break. I'm quietly optimistic, but then again, I was yesterday before 3pm.

Maybe I'm just a happy clapper.

26 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Play Camara and Russell (if fit) either side of Ince at No10 so we can run at their defence,  we had them pinned back when we decided to have a go.

Carson

De Sart Butterfield 

Russell Ince Camara

Bent.

Looking at Russell yesterday I don't think he's fit so swap Anya for him. Any news on Hughes though it was possible he's back for this

2 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

Carson

De Sart Butterfield 

Russell Ince Camara

Bent.

Doubt we'll win much ball with that set-up - the Leicester midfield would steamroller ours.

2 hours ago, Doodle said:

Looking at Russell yesterday I don't think he's fit so swap Anya for him. Any news on Hughes though it was possible he's back for this

39 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Doubt we'll win much ball with that set-up - the Leicester midfield would steamroller ours.

If BJ is out we don't have much choice, Bryson is a must in this game too if he's fit.

Watching Leicester at the moment. A quick start is what we need, they have just capitulated since going behind. Confidence looks non existent. Whoever we play upfront, they need to run at their back 4. Huth and Morgan look so statuesque. I thought we had blown our chance at PP. but make no mistake if we are on our game , this is winnable 

Don't know if we should be playing some reserves/youngsters in this game to give first teamers a rest. Very important league games coming up, from which we really need to be picking up maximum points as some gaps starting to appear up top, We've got Bristol City on Saturday who have not got a midweek game, and so will be fresh against us. They will be coming to us on the back of a win, so will have some confidence. I suppose it depends on which the boss thinks is most important to us, a cup run, or getting into the playoffs and a chance of promotion.

We need to get at their back 4 . Vulnerable, slow in the centre and low on confidence. 

De Saart a must for me as he can play the adventurous attacking ball forward and will keep us on the front foot.

Is Bryson fit ? .. If so his energy will be an advantage but if not then leave him out. Half fit Bryso isn't any good.

tempted to have Camara / Vydra / Ince up purely on pace grounds .. Try it .. See if it works .. We can always bring Bent on if Vydra isn't working. 

The have good players like Newcastle .. We must not sit deep again. They cross too well and will hammer us if we do.

Johnson Butterfield as the to AM's hasn't done well in the past but I struggle to see an alternative with Bryson doubtful ?

Back 4 and Safe hands Scotty .... Same Good lads. Unchanged, Christie and Anya on the bench for some impact later if needed

Leicester 1 Derby 2 ... Vydra in the 3rd minute then they get one just before half time before an Ince gem takes us one step closer the Wembley 

Yours sincerely happy Clappy HQ 

5 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

I hope not. Not playing-to-win in cups could lead to a loss of form in the league. We should play to win.

and that is the dilemma my friend, play our first team and win or lose, we still have an important league game a few days later against fresh legs, lessening our chances of a win.

After today's hiding by Utd Ranieri has said he's gonna make changes against us on Wednesday...

Does that mean he's resting player's and making the relegation 6 pointer at Swansea next weekend his priority? 

I hope so...

We'll never have a better chance of beating 'em, provided we play our strongest available line up.

1 hour ago, DerbyMark said:

After today's hiding by Utd Ranieri has said he's gonna make changes against us on Wednesday...

Does that mean he's resting player's and making the relegation 6 pointer at Swansea next weekend his priority? 

I hope so...

We'll never have a better chance of beating 'em, provided we play our strongest available line up.

Problem is our best line up would include fozzy or Lowe, thorne and hughes, Johnson or Bryson, and chris Martin. And nugent and weimann on the bench. Looks like none of them will be available. Tough to play the premier champions with so many handicaps , especially at their place. 

Archived