Leicester City v Derby County - FA Cup Replay 4th Round

i-Ram

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some positives tonight and it's daft to say but even though Leicester are champions of England, they're no better than we are. And that's the frustrating thing, we could have gone through.

Anya and Vydra looked much better, and Max Lowe will be the best left back we've had in decades. Blackman was isolated at times, De Sart was really impressive and Butterfield was better than in recent weeks. Just didn't seem to be enough invention or ideas throughout the night. We'd get into decent positions but there were no outlets or players looking to find space for themselves - it was a case of bunching together and seeing possession go all the way back to Keogh.

Where was Russell actually meant to be playing when he came on? I'm assuming it was on the right wing but I don't think he actually spent any prolonged amount of time there. I've never known a wideman come inside, offer little in the way of a run and generally just hide away. There's a decent player in there but he doesn't do himself any favours

14 hours ago, David said:

Yep, the guy that has only started 7 games for us since he arrived here and there with 3 different managers to work under. 

You know it might be worth maybe giving the guy a chance, run of games before ending his career.

He can't play football to a high enough level to warrant any position in a serious championship side.  You can give him all the chances you want to, I'm sure he's a very nice guy, but he wasn't good enough on his first appearance and he wasn't good enough tonight. I wonder how he is going to play the next time we limp him out? 

1 hour ago, sage said:

TV Armchair assessment

Mitchell 7 - Great on crosses and couldn't do anything with the goals. Kicking could be improved and was slow to react to the 1 on 1 with Musa.

Christie 5 - Infuriating. Some decent crosses but lost the ball so many times including for the first goal. If he has playing like that fully fit it would have been a 4

Lowe 6 - Shows tonnes of promise but obviously tired and was so lucky with the chest against the post

Keogh 6 - Lost the ball twice when under pressure and got turned inside out for the 3rd goal. Plenty of good defending though

Shackell 7 Won every tackle and header. Any pass over than a 15 yd one is a disaster though

De Sart 7 Some really good passes, showed good energy over 120 minutes but weak at times

Butterfield 8 Thought he was excellent, kept the ball moving, tracked back, made runs, good shot

Johnson 6 - Gave the ball away didn't look fit, battled away

Camara 5 - Tripe. Kept giving the ball away, weak on the ball. He is a 15 minute super sub against tired legs. Obviously scored but was very lucky.

Anya 7 - Looked our most dangerous player but needs to come inside and shoot occasionally. Worked hard.

Blackman 4 - Insipid. Didn't win a ball all game. Looked ok for 10 minutes when Russell came on.

Vydra 4 -  Gash. Weak on the ball. poor positional sense and workrate. Awful for 3rd goal.

Nugent 6 - Showed energy and linked play up but made no headway

Russell 6 - Brought some control to possession, had a decent shot, but still looks a yard short of pace or confidence

We effectively used the game to get some players back to fitness. Starting bent and Ince would probably have seen us 2 up in the first half   

I can't argue with any of that tbh..

1 hour ago, sage said:

TV Armchair assessment

Mitchell 7 - Great on crosses and couldn't do anything with the goals. Kicking could be improved and was slow to react to the 1 on 1 with Musa.

Christie 5 - Infuriating. Some decent crosses but lost the ball so many times including for the first goal. If he has playing like that fully fit it would have been a 4

Lowe 6 - Shows tonnes of promise but obviously tired and was so lucky with the chest against the post

Keogh 6 - Lost the ball twice when under pressure and got turned inside out for the 3rd goal. Plenty of good defending though

Shackell 7 Won every tackle and header. Any pass over than a 15 yd one is a disaster though

De Sart 7 Some really good passes, showed good energy over 120 minutes but weak at times

Butterfield 8 Thought he was excellent, kept the ball moving, tracked back, made runs, good shot

Johnson 6 - Gave the ball away didn't look fit, battled away

Camara 5 - Tripe. Kept giving the ball away, weak on the ball. He is a 15 minute super sub against tired legs. Obviously scored but was very lucky.

Anya 7 - Looked our most dangerous player but needs to come inside and shoot occasionally. Worked hard.

Blackman 4 - Insipid. Didn't win a ball all game. Looked ok for 10 minutes when Russell came on.

Vydra 4 -  Gash. Weak on the ball. poor positional sense and workrate. Awful for 3rd goal.

Nugent 6 - Showed energy and linked play up but made no headway

Russell 6 - Brought some control to possession, had a decent shot, but still looks a yard short of pace or confidence

We effectively used the game to get some players back to fitness. Starting bent and Ince would probably have seen us 2 up in the first half   

I didn't see it like that at all from row V

mitchell's kicking was poor esp first half. 

Christie can frustrate but was surely better than lowe who nearly scored an og and fell asleep at the far post for the first

The crowd chanted camara's name throughout which was a bit strange because he wasn't creating alot but it lifted him and he scored. we should have sustained that. Instead we took him off and that was a poor move in the context of the game.

blackman did very little which was a shame because i was willing him to do well.

i thought vydra played well. One great run in on goal. We could have had a penalty. He was up for it. 

Nugent got a better reception off their fans than ours, and played with the air of someone who wanted to wave to all his friends. There was a touch of the Mick harfords in terms of misplaced loyalty. He seemed happy not to upset anyone and wasn't a threat.

I don't like that Camara song myself. Implying that an international professional footballer we signed from a french leigue 1 club for a million and a half quid, is a refugee, basically. it doesn't directly say that, it implies it (in my mind's eye).

I know it's meant as support for him, and it's taken off as "his" song and I don't think everyone singing it is thinking it's racist or singing it because they they think it's racist it just doesn't sit well with me, but then, i won't sing stan's song either. 

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I didn't see it like that at all from row V

mitchell's kicking was poor esp first half. 

Christie can frustrate but was surely better than lowe who nearly scored an og and fell asleep at the far post for the first

The crowd chanted camara's name throughout which was a bit strange because he wasn't creating alot but it lifted him and he scored. we should have sustained that. Instead we took him off and that was a poor move in the context of the game.

blackman did very little which was a shame because i was willing him to do well.

i thought vydra played well. One great run in on goal. We could have had a penalty. He was up for it. 

Nugent got a better reception off their fans than ours, and played with the air of someone who wanted to wave to all his friends. There was a touch of the Mick harfords in terms of misplaced loyalty. He seemed happy not to upset anyone and wasn't a threat.

Well Sage did say Mitchell's kicking could be improved which is a kind way of putting it... I don't think he crossed the half way line once kicking it out've his hands..

You know what...and I'll probly get slaughtered for this..but if Camara's our folk hero I think the Derby fans deserve better..

8 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

doesnt matter who was at the match or how many sang it its racist

and exactly what part of it is racist....? I swear idiots will look for racism in anything and everything nowadays just so they can get offended, even in an absolutely random chant. How would any of what is in the chant be offensive in the slightest to Camara? It's called supporting ffs

34 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I don't like that Camara song myself. Implying that an international professional footballer we signed from a french leigue 1 club for a million and a half quid, is a refugee, basically. it doesn't directly say that, it implies it (in my mind's eye).

I know it's meant as support for him, and it's taken off as "his" song and I don't think everyone singing it is thinking it's racist or singing it because they they think it's racist it just doesn't sit well with me, but then, i won't sing stan's song either. 

nobody knows the words to it anyway 

2 hours ago, Shepram said:

The 5,000 of us that went tonight were absolutely superb. Sang all game and it's a good thing we did because the atmosphere generated by the Leicester fans was next to nothing!

Couldn't believe how quiet they were.

Those paper clappers of theirs are awful.

Good night with lots of singing, shame about the result but hey ho. 

13 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

Couldn't believe how quiet they were.

Those paper clappers of theirs are awful.

Good night with lots of singing, shame about the result but hey ho. 

I didn't realise their lot were standing a few yards away until they scored lol

W***ers!

10 hours ago, Colm said:

2017_02_08_23_50_04_Facebook.png

@86 points Maybe you could consider actually going to games before you start accusing people of racism... we were singing it the whole match.

It's a reference to the refugee camps in Calais mate - Angers is over 5 hours from Calais - and the fact that everyone was singing it makes no feckin difference at all, in fact it just makes you seem even thicker to be honest. It's also the shittest chant ever but feel free mate if it floats your boat. 

9 minutes ago, 86 points said:

It's a reference to the refugee camps in Calais mate - Angers is over 5 hours from Calais - and the fact that everyone was singing it makes no feckin difference at all, in fact it just makes you seem even thicker to be honest. It's also the shittest chant ever but feel free mate if it floats your boat. And it's Mr Bellend to you ya raving ****womble.

Load of ********..

Archived